ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anth's never even been to Gambino's or done shots w/ Chris Harrison, smh.

Or had Harrison beg for $5 or ask for a cell phone charger.

The Cheapside closing thing blows. Absolutely loved that place back in the day, even met my wife there hanging out with Urschel.

Other college bar - random memories of my times as a UK student:

Blue Moon Saloon to fire on Cougars. Oscars to fire on Cougars. Atomic Cafe for patio, reggae, and Red Stripes. Trying to drink 500 different beers to get your name on the ceiling at Marrikas. Logans on Harrodsburg and OCharleys on Nicholasville were always rowdy on weekends. (Payed to have friends bartending for the free drinks) Millennium (where the hole in the earth is now downtown) for quarter draft night. McCarthy's for pitchers of Harp. A1A for volleyball, karaoke, and my best drunken dance moves. Grapevine for some good live music. The bar across the street from Rupp that had a boxing ring and Thursday night fights anyone could enter. A nice dinner for a poor college student was taking your date to DeShas. Eatting a 2 foot diameter Mad Mushroom pizza at 2 in the morning. Going to the Speedway on Euclid at 2am for Taco Bell and they were constantly out of beef. "All we have is beans dude. I can make you a bean taco or a bean burrito." And of course Two Keys. damn it I used to love some Two Keys when Mack owned the place.

I miss college.

Welp, pretty sure when they write the history of GYERO, naming Logan’s and O’Charley’s will be seen as the Pickett’s Charge of the great Lexington/Louisville bar scene debate; a terrible and avoidable mistake that Lexington could never truly recover from.

Funny to name those two I know, but they were always cram packed with drunken coeds back in the late 90s early 2000s.

Kinda late on this, but as an undergrad, these were the go-to spots:

*Tin Roof
*The Paddock
*McCarthy's

underrated joints:

*The Penguin (piano bar)
*Molly Brooke's
*Austin City (yes I'm serious)

Always thought Two Keys was awful except for game nights. JMO

The gin bucket was our pregame of choice.

Handle of really cheap gin, Fresca, some lemons and limes mixed in a big pot with ice. Two turkey basters. Folks stand around said pot in a circle and pass the turkey basters in rapid fire succession until the bucket is empty. You cannot refuse a baster or leave the circle, unless you are puking.

Depending on the number of people around the bucket, it was either a great way to loosen up a medium sized crowd, or a surefire way to take a small crew from zero to blackout in a hurry.

Not sure if these were/are done at Kentucky schools, but in Virginia it was standard fare. Mondays were always our gin bucket night.

Somewhat sanitized recipe/description:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gin_bucket

We did the gin bucket at crab island. Tasty treat, but we didn’t mandate participation.

Larry nights were typically more of a guys night Imo. Dixie tavern was a staple on Thursday nights during the school year.

Dress code at High Rollers, where no one went. Did have a friend go over there once and vomit behind one of the unmanned bars.

We used to drive up to a Lex O'Charley's from EKU for Monday Night Football from time to time. Cheap beer and wings.

Then we found another place in Lex (could't begin to tell you the name of the place) that had draft beer in plastic cups with the team helmets on them (refills for .50) and a free taco/nacho bar.

Reactions: SAECATFAN and HUBER
Dont get the ocharleys hate. You pack a place full of hot chicks, and it serves booze-doesn’t really matter. Very common for places to get streaky, and even better when you know the schedule.

Then you don’t need to stay out till 4am.

So Tomma has been treated unfairly the last six weeks. He’s not the bully, the board is. And now after the way he’s been treated, he wouldn’t come back if they asked him.

Suntan is gonna cry.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT