Status
Not open for further replies.
Let Bowden start as QB Saturday
09-roll-safe.w710.h473.jpg

Shorts:

- I’m sorry, 73.

- So, that James Franklin can coach.

- Playoff may be a mess this year.

- SAE, time to bust out Nirvana Unplugged in New York and Pearl Jam Live on Two Legs.

- Halloween is awesome and this is coming from a guy who can’t be bothered to dress up.

- Started “Billions” with the lass and am really digging it.

- Love the extra hop in my dog’s step when the weather cools.

- Prediction: BBdK changes his name on Facebook to “Jemarl” by early January.

UT comfortably this weekend. Not just an overreaction from yesterday- they are the much better team. Every team we have left on the schedule sans Vandy is.

Keeneland on Friday and Saturday. First time in a few years. Burgoo, cold drafts, pick a few winners.

Good buddy at work got sideswiped by an 18-wheeler last week on the interstate. It actually hit him 3 times- merged into his back quarter panel, knocked the car in front of the semi- then pin-balled it between a concrete barrier. Somehow his only injuries came from the airbags. busted his face up an one of the ones opening above him, cut his head open. Walked away. Not much left of his Civic, though. He had also just gone through the drive through at chic-fila and hadnt eaten it yet- so still pretty tragic.

The baseball team is actually going to be *really* good this year. The entire SEC will be. (probably UL too).

Fathers taking their kid to concerts is awesome- irregardless of the band. Live music is a winner, imo. Bad look, wcc.

Made the first pot of chili over the weekend, as it was finally late enough in the year to do so. A few of you were cooking it up 6 weeks ago, lmao. Leftovers yesterday were amazing.

About 10 hours into my Italian lessons. FLUENT.

Fathers taking their kid to concerts is awesome- irregardless of the band. Live music is a winner, imo. Bad look, wcc.

I was 10 hours into a bender that started with me watching Kentucky get BFed and I have apologized.

Just because you’re a parent doesn’t save you from unwarranted dickheadery on GYERO.

“I’m a parent- be nice!”

No! I’m going to get good and F’d up, come on here at 2am and start throwing bows. I will not consider how good of father you are either. In fact, being a good parent makes me more likely to get after you for no reason.

* Controversial take: It doesn't have to be cold out to enjoy chili.

* It is also ok to grill out in the winter.

* We should beat UT, but we won't. I've seen this movie a few times.

* Took the kids to see Peter Pan Jr. at the Taft yesterday. Absolutely awesome. Top notch production.

* I created a Cavs Plays of The Game Video Feature that gets played at all of their games. A large number of Toyota Big Wigs were at the opening game vs the Celtics.

They played last year's video with an out of date Camry in it. Touch me. Has not been a pleasant morning thus far.

* Great weekend for Wildcat Willy's favorite sports teams... UK basketball lost the blue-white game, UK football happened, minor league soccer season is over, the Bengals bungled, the Dayton Greendevils lost 63-0, and the Loveland Blue Volcanoes lost their last game 1-0 with a young Ava Sorrell in the goal.

* Nothing like a bad loss to bring the Throw it Deep, Jay-rud Mouthbreathers out of the woodwork. Jeez.

-Manhattan recipe, nice little mix up but not something I could go full time.

-Again, UT hasn't scored in a month and they could fire their coach in the next 10 minutes. Game is at home. We should win that game. They're awful.

-27 Sunday morning with possible snow. :cry: Summer is gone. May be a decent morning to go to Winchells though. Haven't done that in a while.

-Snell hasn't had one of those Benny style yards after the hit runs. Get nasty dude.

-I'm not counting S dot Johnson out, dude has been way too good the past year. He's show that he has a few clunkers in him, specifically off rest.

-Finally got G to watch a new movie, Trolls. Eh. Moana and Cars were much better. Had about all I can handle with Mighty Machines Fire Truck Episode.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
-Entered my 1st Chili Cookoff Saturday -- Smoked Chili brought home 2nd place out of 16, due some 'campaigning' by a large group of old people who apparently produce the winner every year. [eyeroll]

My 2 gallons were completely gone after 45 minutes, and none of the other 15 entries were even halfway depleted -- that was evidence enough for me. Also probably cost me some late votes since half the people who showed up couldn't even try it. Won nice bottle of Woodford Double Oak for my efforts.

-Didn't watch Blue/White, just waited for the highlights instead. More and more, those intra-squad deals just can't hold my interest...like to wait until the 1st game against other people. Looking forward to Friday.

-Jim Harbaugh lol

-Late to the party, and I have little interest towards BarStool in general (with their 50 offshoots/shows), but worship Dave Portnoy. Dude cracks me up consistently.

-That Wolves/OKC ending was :fire:

-Pumped about the shitty forecast Saturday, finally some Fall Football weather [banana]

Reading these paragraphs long post about our OL and defensive issues and football team in general = [sick]. Makes GYERO almost unreadable.

Since when the hell is fall weather 38 and rainy? That's awful weather anyway you slice it, the hell are you guys talking about. Fall weather is like 50 and sunny and you need a medium jacket. Get your seasons in order.

I mean I get it. It better be the latest F'n model on the lot if I'm out Camry shopping.

We aren't talking about a car lot. We are talking about the videoboards at an NBA basketball game that we are paying $6K per game to advertise on. You better have current product up there, especially when there is a national launch of a new vehicle going on.

* We should win. We may not, but we should. They're awful, we're average, and our players haven't quit on our coaches like theirs have. I knew we were going to lose to Florida because no shit, but UT is different. Also, we were a 3 point dog vs. the Gators and we're favored by a touchdown Saturday. Again, we should win. (Waiting to see how UKErik breaks it down before I go #allin though.)

That said, if some idiot on a message board or a radio show starts the "Do We Rush The Field If We Beat Tennessee???" debate, please shoot him/her. Thx.

* SOME PERSONAL NEWS. I AM A WRITER AND I WILL BE JOINING THE ATHLETIC AS A WRITER AFTER WHICH YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PAY MONEY TO READ MY WRITINGS.

SIGNED, DANA O'NEIL (WRITER)

What a terrible idea by terrible people that will inevitably fail miserably.

Reactions: Century Cat
Paid subscription based sports reporting on the internet just isn't going to work. What do those asshats have to say that is any more relevant than the countless free sites. I'm sure she joined because it's her only best option but I don't feel a ton off sympathy for Davis or her.

Hey guys invest our sports firm, we will "bleed" out all the newspapers while spending your $8M hiring their employees and opening satellite facilities in major metropolitan areas!

I am going to assume that cash doesn't last long. Maybe they get a major investment but I doubt it.

Good article for Mags though. I wonder what the value is on KSR.

It's not really the length that sucks about 90% of sports journalism, it's that they have nothing to say. They aren't unique or interesting in any way. Most of the writers just aren't very good.

... and then those that steal....uhhhh... I mean “aggregate” the content/articles end up getting the clicks anyway. Even when there is a different or interesting spin written on a topic it’s taken and profited on by the LCD of the bunch.

- Overall I just do not understand coming off a bye week with that effort. Honestly I would prefer an earlier bye and dealing with injuries over that performance.

Speaking of injuries, our defense seemed to play better without Jordan Jones. Eli Brown really did well and we seemed like a unit with him in the middle the last few weeks.

- Rainy days are excellent for catching up on work. Delayed deliveries, phone won't stop ringing, and then there is the 1 guy that is freaking the F out because he didn't cancel his labor.

- After watching multiple baseball games, and specifically the Turner game winning homerun against the Cubs, my kids now want to hit and throw everyday and are ready to play baseball. Is 6 and 7 a little late to get involved? We tried them out in tee ball and they both hated it, but now in basketball season they are ready.

- I changed the rear dif oil in the truck this weekend. After buying the pump from Advance the cashier said "keep the oil off of you or you'll stink like shit for a few days". Of course I shrugged Johnny dipshit off, and smelled like shit the rest of the weekend. :angry::gun:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT