ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the f***ing TIF DISTRICT'S fault, Max. You got that? I mean Christ if you knew the economy was going to collapse and the projections for Patrick O'Shea's, Bearnos, and El Nopal were going to fall THAT short, it sure would have been nice if you had come forward with that information before now.
Duluth Trading Co. comin’ in hot so yeah TIF will basically net $1.6B over 10 years.

Thought I read the total debt including surrounding improvements is $780M I mean Lord. But hey what’s another $250M so that fat guy with the drum can have a soccer stadium or else our FC will move to Moline and we *can’t* let that happen.

Duluth Trading Co. comin’ in hot so yeah TIF will basically net $1.6B over 10 years.

Thought I read the total debt including surrounding improvements is $780M I mean Lord. But hey what’s another $250M so that fat guy with the drum can have a soccer stadium or else our FC will move to Moline and we *can’t* let that happen.
NOW Louisville is acting like a major metropolis!

-Smoked then fried are the best. TS.

-Chicken fingers have a place but I don't even consider them in the same category as wings.

-Very satisfied the direction Rupp is headed. Love the current arena, it just needed a few upgrades to get it over the 1970s hump. No reason to spend 750M of our money to keep up with UL. Gradually update it and keep the historical nature of it building.

-Fall back :weary:

* A party I was at this weekend had some wings catered in from The Midway Cafe in Ft. Thomas. They were the smoked then flash fried variety that I love.

There is a place on Broadway in SAE's favorite town of Nashville that does them this way. And one of Anth's favorite places to go in Cincy when he isn't trying to get Geese Feeder killed, Knockback Nat's, also makes them this way.

I make a mean smoked wing, but the flash frying takes them to another level. I may have to try that.

* I'm bringing Marge down for the Tennessee game. Don't mention anything about me being Jewish to her. She still doesn't suspect it.

* The kids' soccer season ends on Saturday. I enjoy watching them play, but man, it will be nice to have my Saturdays back again.

* I was looking forward to watching whatever new way the Bengals were going to come up with to lose to the Steelers on Sunday. Instead I will be watching a production of Peter Pan at the Taft Theater. Yay me.

* Wives, man. I told her I was going to Nashville with the boys for the Vandy game and the Bengals/Titans game. Whoosh. New light fixtures for the laundry room, master bath and a hallway magically appeared for me to install.

The next day new chandeliers for the kitchen and dining room showed up.

She's crafty.

* Late to this convo, but how much BS is it that the Columbus Crew are demanding a new stadium? I feel for ya, Chumps!

Touch the MLS. I'm ready to embrace staying a minor league futbol team here in the 'Nati. If it ain't broke...

-Smoked then fried are the best. TS.

-Chicken fingers have a place but I don't even consider them in the same category as wings.

-Very satisfied the direction Rupp is headed. Love the current arena, it just needed a few upgrades to get it over the 1970s hump. No reason to spend 750M of our money to keep up with UL. Gradually update it and keep the historical nature of it building.

-Fall back :weary:

Rack 'im.

-i am a fantastic cook. Wife and kids had grilled cheese and Campbell's soup last night. I had a nathans hot dog on a piece of bread. Cold weather=start making a few soups on Sundays to ensure proper meals through the week.

-parenthood is simultaneously the most rewarding/important thing one can do *and* a giant lifesucking, time eating pain in the ass. Call your folks and tell them you love them...this shit aint easy to do well.

-no such thing as a bad wing.

-uk38 msu31.

When are we supposed to hear about the verdict with Jurich? Matt teasing the stories afterwards and that's all I could care about because there are undoubtedly some great ones.

Nockback Nat’s has the best smoked wings, cheesy waffle fries AND they serve tall boys in tall boy sized koozies.

A real jewel in the crown of the Queen City IMO

1. Light 2 zone fire in Weber kettle.
2. Season wings (try s/p, cumin, paprika and garlic powder).
3. Put wings on indirect side for 30 minutes or so.
4. Transfer wings to hot side to crisp and get a nice char.
5. Toss wings with hot sauce (try Valentina).
**Hat tip to Minero (Sean Brock's Mexican joint in Charleston).

Is there a decent place in Lexington to get a pilsner, bowl of chili, and a brat or fish sandwich? Like a Check's?

Asking for a friend.
Not since this place went out of business.
821107BrookingsdpA.jpg

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-you're thinking of sound bar, dr. Bob. Not sure why thats where your mind went first. Nonetheless, I am not here to judge.

-sidebar grill is across from the courthouses. Its owned by Johnny Cox(restraint, dr.). They serve chili and a fish sambo...among other things. Solid place...good peeps.

Reactions: Midway Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT