ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it looks like Penn State will be the beneficiary of all the craziness. Even if they drop one, it will be to a more quality opponent than freaking Syracuse . . . or Iowa State on Homecoming, for that matter. Big week for corrupt-ass universities!

That reminds me - hey, ACC! Why in the hell are you having games featuring your bellcow program on Friday night?!?!? Not only THAT, but the marquee conference game of last week was on a Thursday night. I mean, it's not like you guys are the Mountain West. Act like the big time conference you are!

Lol! Dang,

Luol-Deng-October-2013.jpg.cf.jpg

Last February, UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham told CBS News: “Is this academic fraud? Yes, it is by a normal person’s standard. But by the NCAA definition (it’s not) ... I’m telling you what happened was bad, but it’s not against the rules.”

Sometimes,” Cunningham said, “the behavior that you’re not proud of just doesn’t quite fit into a bylaw or a rule or something.”

Bubba >>>>> Tomma

I think it would be hilarious if UNC loses their accreditation. That would be a million times more damaging than anything the NCAA would do. NCAA money is one thing but it's a drop in the bucket to endowment money.

I think the proper response to UNC fans is, Go even Holier-Than-Thou than they are. Get on a horse that’s even higher than theirs:

“You mean you’re OK with the Athletic Department jeopardizing the accreditation of your entire university, just so your basketball and football teams could win some games? Does the Athletic Department care that little about the value of the degrees of the hundreds of thousands of other students who have come through that university the past 30 years?”

DeCourcy has a good discussion: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...illiams-news-update/x6ubn77xmuxr1ksbe4d38wgbq

Also, “yeah, child molesting is not against NCAA By-Laws either.”

Last edited:
From Wikipedia...

From 1892 to 1939, the [University of Chicago] was a major college football power. [Chicago] was a founding member of the Big Ten Conference and the Maroons were coached by Amos Alonzo Stagg, one of the game's pioneers, for 41 seasons. In 1935, halfback Jay Berwanger became the first recipient of the Downtown Athletic Club Trophy, later known as the Heisman Trophy. Nonetheless, in the late 1930s, University President Robert Maynard Hutchins decided that big-time college football and the university's commitment to academics was not a good fit.*

Here's a picture of Stagg Stadium in Chicago in 1927, with Chicago hosting Michigan. About 50k in attendance.

ows_141351550678786.jpg

* Back when University Presidents had balls.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
If John Calipari declared a Setting Nuts On The NCAA's Head Go Get Your Millions Player All Are Welcome major, and the curriculum was that anyone who enrolled at UK could take part, what would honestly happen?

I mean that seriously.

The fact that the NCAA refuses to hold precedent is so stupid that they actually ought to adopt a kangaroo as a mascot.

From Wikipedia...

From 1892 to 1939, the [University of Chicago] was a major college football power. [Chicago] was a founding member of the Big Ten Conference and the Maroons were coached by Amos Alonzo Stagg, one of the game's pioneers, for 41 seasons. In 1935, halfback Jay Berwanger became the first recipient of the Downtown Athletic Club Trophy, later known as the Heisman Trophy. Nonetheless, in the late 1930s, University President Robert Maynard Hutchins decided that big-time college football and the university's commitment to academics was not a good fit.*

Here's a picture of Stagg Stadium in Chicago in 1927, with Chicago hosting Michigan. About 50k in attendance.

ows_141351550678786.jpg

* Back when University Presidents had balls.
The fans had balls too. Is that scaffolding?

Reactions: wildcat1973
UL fans have no idea what to do. Big money boosters and "good" fans/alum are so disgusted they are not coming to games anymore. And the neck-tatted, linebearded Jonny-come-latelys are completely off the bandwagon. Which leaves a small group of bewildered fans standing around an empty stadium looking like Vincent Vega gif, wondering what the hell has happened.

It's delicious. Succulent, even.

Lol at Tennessee.

Vandy definitely looks beatable, but Ole Miss is scoring at will. I am no football, so is that just a lack of defense from Vandy or is Mississippi’s offense that good?

UL fans have no idea what to do. Big money boosters and "good" fans/alum are so disgusted they are not coming to games anymore. And the neck-tatted, linebearded Jonny-come-latelys are completely off the bandwagon. Which leaves a small group of bewildered fans standing around an empty stadium looking like Vincent Vega gif, wondering what the hell has happened.

It's delicious. Succulent, even.

I like to think that last group of fans have become cutters.

I remember when Louisville had its best player since John Unitas, better than any player they'll ever get again, Heisman winner, etc. and their biggest team accomplishments were beating Texas A&M in the Liberty Bowl and almost beating Clemson that one time, but what a great game that was, right?

Teddy Bridgewater > Lamar Jackson

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Good Lord, Florida’s uniforms are even more ugly than I could have imagined from the photos I saw.
What a hideous color of brown? Greenish Brown? I guess it is actually army green?
They look like they have that lizzard disease from Game of Thrones.

Louisville's Heisman winner is 21-12 in his college career. I wonder if that would be the worst record for a Heisman QB. I also wonder if it gets worse than that before he's done.

I don't hate mozzarella. I think it's overrated and it irritates me.

I do the dishes at my house and that crap sticks to everything. And it's one of those products that my wife buys constantly because she thinks we're out. We're never out. We currently have 5 packages of mozzarella in some form in the fridge right now. Some shredded. A block. A couple "sticks" of it. Enough already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT