ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always assumed that even though it was published under open records requests the Lousiville media never made the request to UL because they were scared of Jurich.
I assume they all had a dinner meeting that went something like the dinner scene with Capone and his men in The Untouchables. A man stands alone at a plate. This is the time for what?......individual achievement.

Last edited:
So, the CJ article says UL paid the income taxes for Turtleneck, but I seem to recall a case from my law school days stating that if an employer pays the income tax owed by an employee on behalf of that employee, said payment of tax was also compensation that had to be taxed. In other words, it is impossible for an employer to eliminate an employee's tax obligation.

GYEROLAW, did I just make that up or amirite?

And if I am right, doesn't that article expose a possible tax problem for UL and/or TOM?

So, the CJ article says UL paid the income taxes for Turtleneck, but I seem to recall a case from my law school days stating that if an employer pays the income tax owed by an employee on behalf of that employee, said payment of tax was also compensation that had to be taxed. In other words, it is impossible for an employer to eliminate an employee's tax obligation.

I believe you are correct.

Employer's payment of income taxes assessed against employee held to constitute “additional taxable income” to employee, as consideration for services rendered. Revenue Act 1918, § 213, 40 Stat. 1065.

Old Colony Tr. Co. v. Comm'r of Internal Revenue, 279 U.S. 716, 49 S. Ct. 499, 73 L. Ed. 918 (1929)

timeline_1458914984_00032.jpg

Not a lawyerball but from my fiscal experience the IRS is the highest incarnation of the mob. Uncle Sam always gets his cut.

Bands like Talking Heads, Bowie, et al would be put on the highest pedestal for one reason — they actually play instruments. I mean, have you heard what audio bile is pushed out these days?

Astros v Nats for all the marbles.

Asheville is Nulu on steroids, which is to say disgusting. Hear Biltmore is decent, but the people are what keep Richie up at night.

Bob McKillop with the silver lining speech at a conference I attended today. And further proof all DI coaches are as much world class motivational speakers / salesmen / carnival barker as they are X and O guy. Just fantastic stuff. Tales of coaching Curry weaved with family hardships. Has his Golden parachute ready to deploy.

The thought of your gridiron Cats sitting at 5-1 with a long runway to season’s end is enough to make one lightheaded. Pass the oxygen mask.

Last edited:
Reactions: BradentonCatFan
The lass occasionally watches this Lifetime reality show about the Louisville dance team. It’s awful and I’m not too impressed with the talent.

Paying him as much as $30,000 per year to hire financial advisers to help manage his money, as well as paying taxes on that perk.

That's the line that caught my attention. If UL "paid his tax obligation on that perk" then TOM owes Uncle Sam some money absent some exception or loophole.

It’s such a horseshit this girl has to deal with five year old tweets because Newton decided to be a prick.

And how much horseshit is that perk?

"Hey UL, I'm raping the university and taxpayers of this state to the point I need help managing all of my ill-gotten gains."

Reactions: Century Cat
I mean he'll pay the tax plus interest and a fine BUT there's at least the possibility of the former president and soon to be former AD at UL being criminally prosecuted.

lols at UL aside, that's not a good look for Kentucky and so it's with a heavy heart I declare this news #badforthestate

The tax issue at hand with Tomma Tittyman sounds like it's just an instance where they are "grossing him up," which is a fairly standard perk in executive compensation arrangements.

You basically pay the individual enough excess monies to cover what they would otherwise owe in taxes under their base compensation arrangement. Yes, the individual pays taxes on that excess amount, but when it's zeroed out, the net effect is that you don't pay any taxes out of pocket on your actual base compensation and incentive earnings.

I mean, I hope their tax lawyers are stupid and they screwed this all up and Tomma has some serious personal finance issues, but it sounds like a pretty standard arrangement. Allegedly.

His contract info has been out there for years and until now everyone has been scared shitless to look into it. There is no telling what will be found now that there is no intimidating pushback.

Yep. Tweeted at Jeff agreed after he said that all this Jurich comp was a work in progress since the audit and it just now finally all put together. False. They lacked the balls and only put it out there after sniffing blood.

Greer and some other CJ turd fire back that they have been doing FOIA requests for a year. I really wish I could do a FOIA request on those FOIA requests.

Also, the other Jurich living in a 1.25 million dollar house is going down next.

Jay Bruce sucks.

That was probably my favorite running thread ever on these boards. Even going back in time as far as the Alliance boards or whatever the original iteration was, I'm not sure there was ever a thread which contemporaneously managed to be both old as hell yet completely timely like the Jay Bruce Sucks thread.

Went on and on for years and years, yet was totally unremarkable. Quite apropos for Mr. Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT