ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, they probably got enough advance from their New Balance shoe deal to fund the BMW, and then some.

The guy currently in DFL in the PGA event this week is named Tyrone Van Aswegen. Seems like a real unfortunate name to have.

He's not black and the ass part doesn't help his cause.
481672.jpg

I've never thought of the FX angle for Rubicon. That would've actually been a better fit, I think.

That show had so much potential. Could have gone as deep down the rabbit hole as they wanted.

-Speaking of authenticity, Snoop said he enjoyed watching Game of Thrones because "he wanted to see what the world was like before he was around". Never change. Also, Jay-Z paid a metric f-ton to buy one of those dragon eggs. Seriously.

-Not getting in the sausage debate. Can't choose a favorite son.

-I've spent the better part of a month reenacting PTI (pti)'s avatar. To hell with these allergies.

-Heading to Kansas in a month for business. Trying to get shane_murphy to sign off on a return trip in January. C'mon, we can make this happen. Would like to check out Allen Fieldhouse (Darren's dad) and I guess that'll happen in the summer.

-Any Gyero-ers a devoted networker. I've joined BNI and a couple other groups lately and there are some folks that are EVERYWHERE at all times of day. I don't know when they are actually doing what is on their business card but it's not between 7 am and 7pm.

-Bought a groupon for a duct cleaning. I expect no results from the actual cleaning but the fact they'll clean out the dryer vent was worth it. I'm guessing previous owners had never done that, as in ever.

-Heading to Outer Banks after Kansas for a week. Not gonna grab an OTB sticker, am going to catch and eat a ridiculous amount of seafood. Any recs appreciated.

-The NBA is FAAAAAAANTASTIC. If you argue different, you lose me. If you're watching the playoffs and say something as asinine as "they're not even trying, no one plays defense, this isn't as good as college" then your opinion is wrong. Sorry hun.

I'm a fan, think its pretty solid.

No clue about it's authenticity.
Isn't it based of of Washington's Secret Six and the Culper Ring?

I read that earlier in the year... based on a true story. Seems like they embellished a lot in the book which I assume means even more in the series.

Yes it's based off Washington's secret spies. I haven't read that, nor was I there, so I don't know how embellished it may be.

Interesting note was that Abe Woodhull's original alias was Culpepper, but he hated that so they changed it to Culper.

Last edited:
There was a thread on the main board about the World's Strongest Man competition.

I challenge anyone to find a real name more badass than

Magnús Ver Magnússon

Reactions: Beavis606
Yes it's based off Washington's secret spies. I haven't read that, nor was I there, so I don't know how embellished it may be.

Interesting note was that Abe Woodhull's original alias was Culpepper, but he hated that so they changed it to Culper.
I have the book if you want it. Pretty good read.

Mad Max: Fury Road is scoring a 99% on the Tomatometer.. 132 positive reviews to 1 negative. Action movies NEVER get this kind of score... Not sure how you can top the Road Warrior but it looks like this movie is going to kick its ass.

--No, Anth. For some reason my spidey sense said ladycat when I first saw Marlene's commercial.

Gyero%20lurker.png~320x480

Christ, Beavis. I'm in my early 40s, not 70 and I do not have a pair of polar bear pajamas though Bryant has come out a couple of times and dealt with a badly behaved upstairs unit.

William or beavis...please repost a picture of the UL dbag I had as my avatar. Can't even remember that goofballs name.

Doc Rivers can EAD.

Go Rockets. Loved that collapse by the most entitled bunch of pricks in the history of the NBA.

I'm a voice of reason among a sea of bitches.
that kind of expense is awful steep for a couple of development leaguers. and athletes/the suddenly wealthy are notoriously awful with their finances. if 10/15-year, $100+ million vets can go broke, then i don't have a lot of faith in a pair of 2nd-round picks.

feel free to disagree, but youre wrong.
I'm of the mind frame of if you're good enough for the pros, but not for the league, overseas is the way to go, but I read an article some time ago about the $$ value of 10-day contracts, and maybe that's what keeps the D-Leaguers on the bus going from Santa Fe to Fort Worth.

Southwest is taking reservations for November now. FYI for anyone planning on going to Chicago for the Champions Classic.

People thinking like Monday to weds? That's unreal. Can get round trip for under 10k miles.

My employee's husband was going to trade a bike for his buddy's truck. Fast forward to last Sunday, the guy with the truck was heading home from work late at night and ends up hitting a guy walking in the middle of the road. The guy he hit died this morning. Pretty messed up all the way around but she's over here showing me his post on FB and I'm in disbelief. If there is an ongoing investigation, what in the hell would you ever take to social media to talk details and try to clear your name?

Gotta feeling this dude is going to talk his way into a charge instead of keeping his mouth shut and letting his lawyer do his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT