ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
American is the only cheese for a burger.

No probs with buying a used bike. Especially first go around. Its not a fun activity at the beginning and a big initial investment. Used is the way to go. But once you get used to it, hard to find an activity with less impact that will hold your heart rate up for that long.

Glow is actually really good.

American is the only cheese for a burger.

No probs with buying a used bike. Especially first go around. Its not a fun activity at the beginning and a big initial investment. Used is the way to go. But once you get used to it, hard to find an activity with less impact that will hold your heart rate up for that long.

Glow is actually really good.
Thought I was in the Minority on the superiority of American cheese on burgers

Blend with Swiss can work for a change up

Swiss is like root beer - there are deep & passionate schisms on the efficacy of Root beer out there

American on a burger is like pizza or BBQ. The original, simple, cheap way is best.

Aged Peruvian bleu cheese on a burger or topping an artisanal organic scone with pulled pork is fine.

You can't ruin these things. But orange American cheese or a couple slices of Sunbeam bread that's half soaked in slaw already is perfect and doesn't need fancying up.

I prefer processed swiss cheese if there is bacon on a burger, but American is the GOAT for a cheeseburger.

Just like velveeta is the GOAT for mac n' cheese.

Reactions: CastleRubric
Congrats to Eastern. I just hope everyone that wanted to attend the game was able to afford the trip to Indy.

- Everclear concert was a whole lot of mid-90's based nostalgia. Played the popular ones and finished with "Santa Monica". Well worth a night out.

- Won one of those heavy duty keep stuff cold for a week coolers at a golf scramble Saturday. Just reminded me tailgating is fast approaching.

- In a complete 180 from Everclear, headed out to Equus Run for one of their outdoor jazz concerts. Usually not my style but hard to find a more relaxing atmosphere for a Saturday night.

- Only have a couple of episodes left but pretty disappointed with House of Cards this season.

Raft Up Saturday was impressive. Hella good time. Big turnout, no major incidents that I was aware of...
9497E5F6-EEF8-4366-92A1-6A4B2159B1EC_zpsm6o5dygd.jpg

a>

Last edited:
Reactions: cawoodsct
Predicting 9-3 is really setting yourself up for scrutiny. Are there 9 games we could win- sure. But 7-5 is still as optimistic as I can talk myself into.

Finding a contractor right now seems to be as tough as ever around here. Over the last 8 months we had talked with nearly a dozen for a $5k-$7k project and all of them basically said it wasnt worth there time to take a job that small. Finally got one to help us out- but only because he was doing $100k job at my neighbors house and he could just move guys over in between other work. Assume 73 and other guys in the building/remodel biz are having a boom year too?

Pretty cool for the Harris family- beating a team from Indy is always a bonus.

Nearly 4 foot copperhead met its demise in the front yard this morning. Per our Nextdoor page they are quite common right now. Also per our Nextdoor page there was a young black man driving around and possibly "up to something"

Sansa tho.

Premiere League back this week. Some decent gambol opportunities out there right now.

Congrats to 22 year old Jayce Blaylock on his grand slam in his Little Leage regional game.

Last edited:
Reactions: B Rax
Nice lil weekend. Took the boy up to Findlay Market, had some friends and their kids over on Saturday, grilled out some artisan sausages, enjoyed some crafties, then walked up in the park to see the orchestra. Woke up the next day, went on a nice lil ride with the kids, dropped one off at camp, came back grilled out again and had some neighbors over for crafties on the porch.

All in all a pretty smug weekend for sure.

Nearly 4 foot copperhead met its demise in the front yard this morning. Per our Nextdoor page they are quite common right now. Also per our Nextdoor page there was a young black man driving around and possibly "up to something"

Had one of our reps step on one in his front yard in Birmingham. Called concerned about anti-venom charge from hospital- $50k apiece. Insurance knocked it back to $5k apiece.

* My weekend....

race:
- okay, so i went into the race this weekend thinking it was the hardest race in the country, and i even still underestimated it. it's the equivalent of summitting mount everest 4 times from base camp.
- so yeah. made it to mile 27 and dropped. ugh.
- amazing, beautiful course. the high point was fort peabody/imogene pass at ~ 13,400 feet.
- 19 finishers out of 87 starters.
- i'm coming back in 2018.....for the 50-mile.

family:
- brother and his family showed up, and we moved onto durango to stay with his college bff and his family.
- did some hiking/bouldering yesterday.
- saturday we floated the river on tubes. we were under the impression (per my brothers buddy) that it was an easy float. false. we're almost back to the dropoff point, and i've got my 5 year-old nephew with me. we hit some fast rapids, slam into the wall of a bridge, flip over, lose the raft, and i nearly drown trying to save the kiddo. so there was that. great times.

* Good to see that while I'm gone, the city of New Orleans gets a hard rain and massive flooding.

* Chilling in Durango right now. Heading to Salida shortly. It's amazing to be surrounded by active, fit, healthy people. It's like the opposite of GYERO.

* Game of Thrones is just crushing it this season. Finally got logged into a co-workers HBO Now account and watched on my phone last night. Was about to go all Dracaris on somebody.

* Eli Barron updates??

* Cincinnati Red farmhand Jose Siri has a 39-game hit streak going, and it ended when he was plunked in his final at bat Sunday. Bush league, indeed.

* Why is this Michael Rappaport character so involved with the Big3 league. I mean, who tf is he??

Reactions: ace on the river
*Supposedly* they wont bite ya unless you step on them or provoke them somehow. For $50k though, i'll just chalk it up as a good life and make sure my life insurance policy is paid up for my wife. I would probably spend that to save my pup though- who I am more concerned about with those things.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-Rapaport has basically played in every celebrity basketball game ever going way back to Rock n Jock I believe. He's been in a ton of movies and TV shows. Higher Learning, Basketball Diaries.

-Not even going to lie, TMFH's Son coming in and striking out the final batter is pretty awesome. He's going to love that video for a long time. What a dream for a 12 year old. Hope they make it to Wiliamsport.

-Took G to the Reds game yesterday. He did pretty well. Purposely arrived about 10 minutes in and left in the 7th. That was about all he was ready to handle. Slipped the parking attendant an extra $5 to slide into the parking pass area and was 100' from the diamond club entrance.

-Started out the week great avoiding sweets and just obviously bad sugars. This is going to be tougher than I thought. Didn't slip on candy at all but the desserts just kept showing up this weekend.

-Peeps decided Grimaldi's was the play for Friday, which was pretty good, but mercy that new mall and Nicholasville Rd is miserable. 5p on a Friday. :mad:

-Finished up GLOW. Really good show that I would've never guessed.

Last edited:
Clark - i work in the remodel business and yes, it is booming. Been absolutely killing it lately. Everyone wants their shit knocked down and I'm the man for the job.

Speaking of killing it, just got back from my 3rd beach trip in the past 10 months. Went down to Santa Rosa (Seagrove Beach) and enjoyed the emerald waters and the beautiful SoWal architecture. If things keep up, I may just move down there and wreck shit from my home office on the back porch overlooking the gulf. That's the dream, at least.

On the drive home we got stuck in Friday afternoon traffic in Nashville. My oldest started screamig that he had to shit NOW. Nothing I could do about it obviously so he ended up yacking all over the backseat. Never actually seen someone have to shit so bad they puked but it happens I guess.

Baseball isn't quite over yet but I went ahead and signed both my boys up for tackle football. Went back and forth on it, as I'm not much a youth football and really the only variation of the sport I follow is at the college level. Having said that, I think it'll be good for them. My super liberal sister has already chastised me for this because they are definitely going to get CTE from this one single season of pee wee football but whatever they probably don't have much of a future anyway being my kids and all lmao

Game of Thrones is just unreal. My wife can't stand it tho. Thinks it's super inappropriate and trashy. I've tried defending it but literally the only 2 scenes she's actually seen are
-Arya killing the dude that's a pedophile as he's looking over the kids he wants to bang and
-greyworm eating Missandei's pussy. So maybe she's right.

Missandei tho good grief.

Temperatures this weekend were off the hook. I LOVE SUMMER AND ALL BUT IM READY FOR SOME COOL WEATHER A BONFIRE AND FOOTBLL AT PUMPKIN PATCH WHILE I WEAR MY HOODY AND DRINK PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES

-Ursch, you ever think about moving to Colorado and just disconnecting? Cut the cell phone/internet, enjoy the wildnerness, and be in solace with all the new cool & fit people you're meeting? Seems about perfect for your weird 2017 ass. Congrats on the race.

-Never knew Anth had a sweets problem. Did the guy who's always trying to pretend he's some hardcore Italian really say "bread and pasta, meh"? What a woman.

I could go the rest of my life without anything sweet with little-to-no issue...the breads/tortillas/pastas/pizzas and everything else that's processed -- THOSE are the hard sugars (simple carbs) to eliminate.

-Eli was awesome. Weather has never been better and likely will never be duplicated. Felt like an October UK football weekend..little rain delay on Sunday around noon, but I'll take that trade every time -- rest of the weekend was just perfect. Took $320 off the Uncle Thursday night in our annual Wii Gambol Marathon to kick things off. Not sure anyone/anywhere can beat me in Wii Tennis, I welcome all challengers.

-79/73 in the tournament for me. Turned at -1 Sunday with a legit chance at some Calcutta money...and we headed straight for the cart barn as the Storm Horn blew. Was around an hour delay. Never quite got back in a rhythm after that, felt like a different round. /ohwell

-Shootout Friday night was pretty wild. Killa's brother, who'd shot an 88 earlier in the practice round went off for a 31 (which included a double). Kid went Birdie/Eagle/Birdie/Birdie on holes 5-8 to put him in to the final hole...where he lipped out for a 5th consecutive birdie or eagle. Unlike anything I've ever seen in person from a non-pro -- the local & liqoured up crowd following (larger than ever) made it seem like a little Tour Event, and of course everyone loves that kid. Good times.

Otherwise, pretty chill time -- I was still reeling a bit from our Couples Classic the previous weekend, which was the most fun I've ever had on or around a golf course, just an amazing event. 137 teams, where I put in a Top 5 all time BBdK performance that Saturday night (which is not a good Top 5). It's obviously pretty difficult to get into that Top 5, but I assure you it happened. :weary:

Anyhoo, that that ends a run of 5 consecutive weekends with tournaments and/or out of town golf -- pass me the :football::football::football:

-Anyone going anywhere in WKY for the Eclipse? Sounds nerdy, but the more I read/hear about it, the more I feel like it would be a pretty cool thing to experience.

<---- only person in the United States not watching GOT, apparently. I'll get around to it one day, should be free on Prime by 2022 or so, I'd guess.

-1 Month til vacation -- think I've had about enough of summer in KY at this point, even though it's been my favorite in recent memory by a long shot. Ready for some different activities, sports, and weather.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Chase_
Breads and pasta easy to cut from everyday life and limit to once or twice a week. Not that I don't love them but they're easier to limit. I have access to candy all the time.

Also, I'm not watching GoT. Mostly because of how weird everyone acts as soon as it ends.

OMG... I CAN'T believe that GoT episode. Greatest episode EVER. The way they slayed that dragon while it was ramming thiberius. Winter is coming !! North side!! [sick]

Last edited:
So Brax has been running his kids ragged, hitting BP until 2AM 7 days a week and they didn't even make the little league world series. Cautionary tale to all you dads who want to live through your kids.

Very excited to hear he might be moving to Florida though. Couldn't think of something better for everyone, tbh

Breads and pasta easy to cut from everyday life and limit to once or twice a week. Not that I don't love them but they're easier to limit. I have access to candy all the time.

Also, I'm not watching GoT. Mostly because of how weird everyone acts as soon as it ends.

OMG... I CAN'T believe that GoT episode. Greatest episode EVER. The way they slayed that dragon while it was ramming thiberius. Winter is coming !! North side!! [sick]

^ :100points::100points::100points: -- that makes me want to be even more stubborn in not giving it a try. I'm sure it's a really good/great show, but people act like UK just won the natty on a buzzer beater after every episode.

Regarding Little League vs other leagues - [laughing] if you think the Texas East squad, Lufkin, could compete against teams from DFW or Houston.

Little League could certainly be the best league in Lex and Louisville though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
Finished the 2nd season of Last Chance U last night. This season was so much heavier than the 1st. What a great documentary.

Of course through the editing the series can influence how certain characters come off. Everyone seems to hate on Buddy Stephens but he can't baby these kids and has one season to make it all work to make cetain they get the right grades and win a championship so they can make it out of Scooba and go D1. Some of these dudes needed tough love or they'd be stuck there.

What kind of slack jawed, hamhock eating, inbred, cross eyed, shuck and jiving, horsebrained, imprudent, misguided, unfounded, fallacious, idiotic, gum flapping egg-no-ra-moose actually thinks the Lufkin Babe Ruth team could beat the Plano Little League All Stars??

[roll][roll][roll]

Just dumb, man.

What kind of slack jawed, hamhock eating, inbred, cross eyed, shuck and jiving, horsebrained, imprudent, misguided, unfounded, fallacious, idiotic, gum flapping egg-no-ra-moose actually thinks the Lufkin Babe Ruth team could beat the Plano Little League All Stars??

[roll][roll][roll]

Just dumb, man.
Ummmm.....you've got it backwards. DFW and Houston don't mess with that little league bullshit with their short bases and fences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT