ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ice Cube brings his circus to town and not one current UK player or coach showed up? That's insulting.

BBdK is always a good ally if arguing is involved...get real. Plus, I'm actually great at TV shows, I just pick mine based on the story and not whether you get to see some hollywood chick's boobs for 4 seconds in episode 6.

-64. Dude was even trying to justify it the next day in the paper, he had all sorts of cute quotes. Blues were in the same spot last year (on the ladies teebox 75% of the holes to speed up play), so he knew. Most every college golfer "doesn't play as much" once they graduate and enter the real world. [eyeroll] What a pu$$y.

Chris Butler, a Lindsey Wilson College golf alum who competed in the Championship Division in two previous tournaments in 2013 and 2014, decided to play in the Open Division and came out with the best score of the day by a mile at 64 (-7).

"It was a very fun round," Butler said. "That's not something you're ever expecting to do or hoping to do, you just ride the wave of the round and see what happens. Putts started falling in and they just kept falling and falling, and that's just the way it adds up at the end."

Despite his big score, Butler said he stands by his decision to not declare for the Championship Division.

"I'm not in college golf anymore, I don't play all the time," Butler said. "Obviously, looking at (my score), it doesn't look that way, but I don't get to touch the club enough to play in the Championship Division. I know these guys in the Championship Division are seasoned college players, and I know from experience how much more prepared they are for a tournament than I am right now. It was honestly a really easy decision to not declare for the Championship, knowing some of the players that are in it."

What a bitch. Felt bad for Chase and anyone else who played well, but didn't even have a CHANCE to compete in the 1st flight b/c of that bag. Based on the chatter, I'm fairly certain it won't happen again...

Last edited:
Still have mixed feelings about drones, but one would have really been interesting this weekend...poker run perhaps.

-Think I'll like PGAC in May. Just seems lost and forgotten this late in the season.

-When you're in my line of work your CEUs take place at Logans. Yippee. 8 hours in a Logan's Roadhouse.

-This August late summer weather is just oppressive. Miserable.

-Swim lessons were a hit. I was maybe more nervous than the little guy. He went right in. Got a little fussy at the end but overall did great and talked about it all night and this morning.

-Where were those highlights taken? Don't recognize that gym.

-64 from the blues. :joy: What was the winning score for the tourney? MCC playing easy this year?

-Got a new member to the BGE fam. Cheers.

-Struggling with gambol this year. Carrying a little positive balance. Cash out and close it down?

-BBdk musta really tied one on when he won't reveal this shenanigans to me in private. If you are to unruly for a Fairdale CC might be time to make a change.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
A guy who works at a golf course played in the open division because he doesn't play much anymore. Sure thing, buddy. Absolutely zero surprise there, though.

WRONG! BRING BACK THE POTSY N FRIENDS GOOD TIMES BAND.

COwKDBcWcAA0LDE.jpg

-The blues were on the ladies teebox on most of the holes. That's not a figure of speech -- they were actually on the ladies teebox.

Still, 64 is ridiculous on any course, especially that one. Greens were still the same, rough was a bitch. If you can shoot a 64 from 6000 yards, I don't care what course you're on, that's some game & you need to play Champ Flight w/ the big boys. He shot 71 Sunday.

Course was far from easy. Same ole MCC, +1 won the tournament, +/- 1 to par held up just as it does 9 out of 10 years. 55 guys in the Championship Flight, including several professionals.

-I told you what happened -- you seem to want me to tell you some juicy story, there is none. That weekend is a shit show, and I blacked out. Complete & Total, which has only happened a few times over the past decade. Wife got me out before any real damage was done, thankfully. We had people from other clubs passed out in bushes and one of our crew was found face down in the parking lot by the cart barn. People mainly just cannot get over the amount of rhythm that came out of this old bald pudgy white man.

Main culprit was that I Don't drink liquor much anymore, or at all at home since the UK/UNC basketball game incident and when I quit smoking -- need to start practicing for Football Season, may ease into a few browns on some of these upcoming crispy nights to get back into shape.

-Tomatoes are going bonkers in the garden. [cheers]

-Congrats on the Egg, SAE. Enjoy the learning process, the most fun part imo. Maybe one day you can be a part of our elite grilling texts, but we'll have to see how you come along. You seem like a Gas Grill Chicken breast man, for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1 and parrott
Converting 12 into a Par 3 was pretty wack. We actually tee'd off IN THE FAIRWAY...pretty sure that was PGA Family Tee Box #1. o_O

* Considering all the stupid shit I've done in my life, I don't see any way I could add to my top 5. It would take a superhumanly drunken, embarassing, ridiculous effort. I'd also have to get arrested, bare minimum.

My top 5 just seems to be extremly secure.

* Who's gonna ball out and get one of these?

KK-Bart42-720_large.jpg

https://komodokamado.com/pages/all-grills-price-list

Only $9,460. Makes your BGE look pedestrian by comparison. Can't even imagine how small and handcrafted the appropriate brand of wood chips would be for this piece of gastronomical art.

* You can't rap in Fairdale without dropping a Jermaine Brown reference.

* Game of Thrones chatter --> Petyr gave Bran the dagger that was used to attempt to kill him, which started the war of the 5 kings. Bran knows it, and Petyr now knows he knows it. He gives it to Arya......who in turn kills Petyr with it?

What an amazing show.

Reactions: Hankshaker
BBdK has been a good friend to Anth for well over a decade at this point yet the dude still pines to embarrass him, only interested in what's going on in the guy's life when it serves his own amusement and fodder for Chevy Chase gossip-mongering.

F off, Anth. Adrian deserves better.

^ thanks, Chad. Was actually even talking to his wife about that this morning on the google chat. Dude just doesn't have much for me anymore, I guess. He responds to about 1 out of 5 texts abh & I send him these days. #bicyclelife

Speaking of shows, finished up Sneaky Pete last night. That show is :fire: (as was Goliath w/ Billy Bob). Amazon is 2-2, for me.

Reactions: parrott
Mad Dogs and Red Oaks are worth a watch for Amazon originals.

Wife and I just blew through Taboo, which you have to stream from something like Kodi. That's a pretty cool show and per usual, Tom Hardy is great as the lead. Has a There Will Be Blood feel to the show with the strategy and the zero f's given of Hardy's character.

It definitely is, but you're seemingly doing it at the easiest time in memory -- at least, that's the case around here. Seems like everyone I know, myself included, has had a contract on their sale-home within days (or hours) over the past few years.

Of course, then you begin the stress of their loan, appraisal, inspections, delays and all the other bullshit than can happen. Moving is also super wodie.

Enjoy.

Reactions: _Chase_
Monk definitely left a lot to be desired with his dunks considering his athleticism. But if I'm choosing between nasty dunks and 40% shooting from 3 (streaky!), give me the latter all/air.

Diallo is going to have some :eyes: plays at the rim, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT