ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy that stands at the top of the bleachers roaring like a lion really stood out to me. His character development over the two seasons was as good as anyone. His roar and incoherent rants seemed to progress for the better. Right up there with the obese man they always interview while he is eating ribs.

You can catch Sayre's 2021 State Championship team on ESPN right now.

Guys, I've spent a lot of time arguing about stupid shit on this message board but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and watch GYERO deteriorate into a youth sports league vs. youth sports league slapfight. Take that ish to another thread.

I appreciate everyone's kids and can't imagine how difficult it is to refrain from talking about their accomplishments, but I had to finally shut '73 down over the weekend, not about his *own* kids, whom I enjoy hearing updates on -- but wasn't going to spend my get-away-guys weekend talking about 10 year old "athletes" any further, especially when he talks about rival teams and their players as if we're discussing real sports/teams.

Have you heard about Jamal Johnson down in the west end? He's 12 but throws like he's 15, here's a picture of him. His slider is nasty. Jtown has a kid Collier Legate who's got one of the better gloves I've seen around this area in a long time, I mean NOTHING gets past that kid. Then we have a kid....

stop-sign.png

No, I haven't -- and don't care to hear about him/them ever again -- but, I do hope YOUR kid does well. I'd love to hear about any of your kids that got to go to Barcelona for a month and play sports as well -- now THAT is cool.

^My God... that's pretty much every effing conversation I have with Booker. It's truly nauseating.

You won't believe the arm on this kid from Mercer County U12 we played the other night. Apparently his mom was a former softball player at EKU and his dad used to run track for Coach Calhoun in the mid 90's....

[sick]

FYI all of this U12 athlete talk is very similar to how it is with all of the #Eclipse2017 talk if you're in the west part of the state. It's somewhere between "festivals everywhere, get out and enjoy" and "satanists and gypsies will be invading and you'll likely die if you leave your house."

Apparently people are getting $1500/night for their home over that weekend, so there's that I guess.

Buddy Stephens is a douche. You dont hire a spiritual consultant for the second season if you're not an epic douche. The other coaches seem to mix dealing with knuckleheads without being a raging asshole and occasional racism.

His methods for becoming a "better person" annoyed me more than his actions last season.

Yep. He's one of those Bobby Knight types who wants everyone to respect him but doesn't show it for anyone else. Also, [eyeroll] pulling his OC in that bowl game and bringing down Trickett to call the plays. He's no longer on the staff now and he thought he was possibly a coach in waiting.

The DC probably did need to be fired though.

Reactions: Blueblood1975
Anyone ever go to estate sales? Saw one advertised and they had some golf clubs. Went by and they were still there. Offered $20 and they accepted. Complete set of Titleist irons, older but in good shape. 6 woods including some persimmon, old but still can use. 3 putters. Picked them up for my nephew to grow into.

Wow great deal on those, Chief- wouldve thought the bidding war on those persimmon woods would have really driven the price up
Despite your sarcasm I felt it was. Also included the bag, one of those old heavy Titleist bags, and about 50 balls in there.

In the last year I've purchased a house, some chairs and two bikes via estate sales and Facebook marketplace so yeah, I'm familiar.

Lot of people having fun at the homie D. Berger's expense for taking a swing and a miss yesterday. He still took home $100k for the weekend and is one of the best looking golfers in history so HI HATERS

Irony at its finest...

The World's #1 Hype Man refusing to watch one of the five best TV shows of all-time because of the hype.

smfh

I don't recommend bandwagon jumping in many aspects of life but I do when it comes to TV. 95% of the time a show is hyped by everyone its for a damn good reason.

I was late to Parks&Rec, The Wire, Breaking Bad and GOT, among others. All lived up to the immense hype.

But all those shows you listed were about seemingly "normal" stuff...office hijinx, drug dealers....sexing dragons and stuff is weird.

Any time I consider looking for deals on Craigslist or facebook market place, I remember that I'm going to have to drive to someone's house to pick the item up.

It is almost *never* worth the time, effort, and weirdness to me rather than just buy something new on Amazon and have it delivered.

I can understand appliances and bigger ticket items or doing that when you're starting out, but that ain't for me.

-i've found some good guitars/amps on Craigslist. I don't sweat going to pick em up. I fear no man.

-distilled with the Mrs. Saturday.
Fried oyster "enticement" and heirloom tomato salad were outstanding. Rabbit w/ gnocchi and English peas was solid. She got the halibut...said it was good.

-youngest wrapped up summer bball season saturday. Glendover bball is a wonderful program. Even more so for girls. Great coach(ex d1 ladies player) for the summer session. The girls get after it. I will miss it til November. Highly recommended for you young lex parents.

Joey’s father, Joe Erace, an owner of hair salons and spas, said he’s spent $30,000 on his son’s baseball travels plus $1,200 a month for four professional trainers to work with Joey five days a week. It’s no free ride. But for players whose parents are more concerned with making the monthly mortgage payment, it can be

The Bombers, as well as some other organizations, also waive or significantly discount fees and dues for players on their top age-group teams while charging normal rates for players on lower-rung teams. A season typically costs between $1,500 and $2,000.

GTFO

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I mean, I kind of prefer it when Chief obsesses over local divas at the gym than little boys.

It would not have mattered, at all; but I was 13 strokes out of the lead in my flight after Saturday. Some guy shot 64 from the blue tees rather than opting to play in the championship flight. To put that in a little perspective, the 2nd flight scores ranged from 78-82.

I mean, you gotta cut the flights somewhere, but :joy: at being 13 back in a flight. After seeing the results, I would've needed to shoot 58 (lol) just to tie.

Anybody used the companion pass from Delta for the platinum card? they try and screw you on full price fare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT