ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find the male equivalent to BLOWOUT! saloons. Maybe paying for a razor shave (incredible btw)? But that's like a once a year at most type thing, and the places that do it also, you know, CUT hair.

So I guess a BLOWOUT! with the gals once or so a year is understandable. But Rob's wife's subscription ....:joy::joy::joy:

I watched 45 minutes of an opioid addiction documentary where a couple of the people OD'd last week. It was actually really interesting tbh.

My wife gets a mani/pedi about once every 3 weeks, is that not normal? She's got me thinking it's completely normal but Robs post has me rethinking things, but at the same time I'm trying to build up enough goodwill so that I can go to NYC with her and the kid and bang a prostitute like that sweet deal 73 has.

I'm a huge proponent of moist shaving via electric razor. Like they did in the 1990's.

And this is partly why we waste billions on end of life care. People are either in denial or simply don't want to have conversations about this for themselves or their parents.

We waste $ on tons of things but not end of life care. Can't even fathom the total we spend to house, feed, cloth and take care of medical needs of savage criminals who can't be rehabilitated.

Hospice does amazing work. It's the best way for someone with a difficult diagnosis to pass with dignity. I couldn't do it every day but there are some really special people in that area of medicine who are saints.

They're not the problem. The problem is when there are people with a clear cut terminal illness, who can barely think or function anymore, and the family wants everything done no matter what. You try your absolute hardest to tell them all the reasons that's a bad idea. They don't listen to you or believe you. Thus I've ended up doing chest compressions on a frail 90+ year old, feeling their ribs crack, dialysis machine running full speed and medications maxed out, with blood pouring out of the breathing tube, while a horrified family watches. That's a tragedy and, quite frankly, pisses me off because it's 100% due to the selfishness of the family.

I shave every morning with rare exception and firmly believe the vast majority of men are sorely mistaken about how cool they look with their 3-4 day beard. Shit just looks sloppy IMO.

Just when I thought Max was starting to get the smug lifestyle he goes and does something like this. Disappointing, really.

* Facial hair, and hair in general, is disgusting.

* I really want to go check out one of those new-state-of-the-art-but-retro antiquey hipster barber shops. Not really one for pampering, but that's looks like a great place to spend an hour. Sipping a hard cocktail and getting a straight razor shave.

* Warriors in 5, imo.

* It was a McDonald's breakfast kind of morning. Sausage biscuit. Hash brown. No cheese, either, because I'm not a f'ing mongrel.

* To play off wcc's hatred of the media re: Tiger, how about a national controversy being made out of our President Tweeting a typo? Jesus H Christ.

* BTW --> I'm actually about 95% Team Tiger. The opoid painkiller issue in this country is sickening, and completely driven by the profiteering medical community. It's going to be interesting to see how this story unfolds, and I pray he doesn't have an addiction.

People like Tiger get prescribed HEROIN on a regular basis. Because they have pain. Seriously. Go. Eff. Yourself.

* Man, the NBA is just on a roll. At what point does a person in power in college basketball take note, and make changes accordingly??

* Great weekend planned...

- a little yoga and dinner and wine and dateline and crush date this evening
- putting in some serious hillwork at clark creek natural area (waterfalls and such) then camping out tomorrow
- shreveport trail running scene and an afternoon on the lake with my new northern la side piece

Times are good, y'all.

I shave every morning with rare exception and firmly believe the vast majority of men are sorely mistaken about how cool they look with their 3-4 day beard. Shit just looks sloppy IMO.

Just when I thought Max was starting to get the smug lifestyle he goes and does something like this. Disappointing, really.
My beard is well beyond the 3-4 day look.

And my man down at the local barbershop (owned and operated by a professional hunter for added street cred) trims it up to keep me looking correct while I peruse men's entertainment mags.

Oh, I'm smug alright.

So basically people are douchebag assholes because they want their loved ones to live as long as possible?

I mean I get it, but that's an extremely hard decision for people to make. I can see especially amongst the turbo-religious bunch wanting to extend it as long as possible because they think Jesus is going to perform a miracle. This is amplified when Uncle Sam is paying for it.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
I don't watch depressing shit or listen to depressing music. Having said that, I am about halfway thru House of Cards for the second time. It's amazing how much shit I had forgotten. Great show. Love the drama.

I like to keep a 10 day shadow on my face these days. Mostly because it hides a lot of my wretched horrible appearance. I may be rich AF but I'm busted.

Still haven't seen a second of the NBA playoffs. Sounds like Lebron is in the convo for GOAT but golden state is a better team? Probably gonna win it? Folks are throwing fish at hockey games and that's a thing?

I have no clue what coveffe is.

* I really want to go check out one of those new-state-of-the-art-but-retro antiquey hipster barber shops. Not really one for pampering, but that's looks like a great place to spend an hour. Sipping a hard cocktail and getting a straight razor shave.

* Warriors in 5, imo.

* It was a McDonald's breakfast kind of morning. Sausage biscuit. Hash brown. No cheese, either, because I'm not a f'ing mongrel.

* To play off wcc's hatred of the media re: Tiger, how about a national controversy being made out of our President Tweeting a typo? Jesus H Christ.

* BTW --> I'm actually about 95% Team Tiger. The opoid painkiller issue in this country is sickening, and completely driven by the profiteering medical community. It's going to be interesting to see how this story unfolds, and I pray he doesn't have an addiction.

People like Tiger get prescribed HEROIN on a regular basis. Because they have pain. Seriously. Go. Eff. Yourself.

* Man, the NBA is just on a roll. At what point does a person in power in college basketball take note, and make changes accordingly??

- putting in some serious hillwork at clark creek natural area (waterfalls and such) then camping out tomorrow
- shreveport trail running scene and an afternoon on the lake with my new northern la side piece

Times are good, y'all.

Everything you just said (other than about the Warriors) is wrong.

That's because you're a babyfaced blondie. On us sharp-featured darker men, it's a great look.

And shaving sucks.

Really don't want to clog/bring down gyero so this'll be my only further post on the topic... Some people are just in denial of the situation and they prolong, and increase, the suffering of their loved one for purely selfish reasons. I've even heard patients beg us to stop what we were doing, but because their power of attorney had been activated, we had to keep going because an aggressive family member insists on it and legally we have to obey that. The situation I described above? I've been involved in dozens of similar ones. I've never seen a miraculous, unexpected recovery. There are times where doing everything is absolutely the right thing to do because a meaningful recovery is possible. I'm saying there are situations where that isn't even remotely possible. And aside from a family member thanking me for doing everything, I can't say I've ever seen anyone happy that their loved one was essentially medically tortured and beaten up in their last few moments of life. No one should see their family member go through that and have that be their lasting memory of that person.

* Warriors in 5, imo.

Times are good, y'all.

Why is our president tweeting bullshit all the damn time? That's the issue- not the typo.

I occasionally like depressing music- "Brick" by Ben Folds Five, for instance, will never get a channel change from dad.

That's the issue- not the typo.

Okay, well please let, like, ALL OF AMERICA know this.

[eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

I totally agree. But it has been a gd worldwide meltdown over a freaking typo. For pete's sake. If you're gonna pile on the guy, pick a better battle. There's plenty of low hanging fruit.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Really don't want to clog/bring down gyero so this'll be my only further post on the topic... Some people are just in denial of the situation and they prolong, and increase, the suffering of their loved one for purely selfish reasons. I've even heard patients beg us to stop what we were doing, but because their power of attorney had been activated, we had to keep going because an aggressive family member insists on it and legally we have to obey that. The situation I described above? I've been involved in dozens of similar ones. I've never seen a miraculous, unexpected recovery. There are times where doing everything is absolutely the right thing to do because a meaningful recovery is possible. I'm saying there are situations where that isn't even remotely possible. And aside from a family member thanking me for doing everything, I can't say I've ever seen anyone happy that their loved one was essentially medically tortured and beaten up in their last few moments of life. No one should see their family member go through that and have that be their lasting memory of that person.
tl:dr

Soylent-Green-feature-750x400.jpg

I get that, and on top of that I can't imagine the selfish sh*t people will do when a large sum of money is involved or will be in the near future. Stuff like that doesn't clog GYERO, I for one love reading the doctor point of view posts from you and cathback.

-Haven't shaved in probably a year, but I trim it every day with no guard.

-Mailman put a stop on our delivery service because our 30 pound blue-heeler mutt "Almost killed him!" Pussy. She was on a 4' leash at the time as well. Front yard has two gates and I told him to just use the other gate but he "Didn't like that gate, he likes this gate."

Went to the post office to talk to the postmaster and was informed that the mail route is timed out so precisely that "it would add 8 seconds to his route of henused thenother gate and that would put his whole daily route in jeopardy." o_O

Fine we'll keep her inside between 12-2pm. Christ.

-House Of Cards is indeed fantastic. On season 3 right now.

-Agree that heroin isn't something you should probably be able to pick up at Walgreens on a monthly basis.

30% of the nations medicare spending, or close to 200 billion, will be spent this year alone on end of life care in the patients last 6 months to live.

Has anyone actually had their lives negatively affected in anyway by Trumps tweet? I try to only let myself get worked up over something that actually has even a slight impact on my actual life. I feel like I'm in the minority in that thinking though.

Facial hair is gross and either means your lazy or have a facial disfigurement or weak chin you're trying to cover up - like Brax.

Covfefe is by far the best thing Trump has given us.

"I think the president and a small group of people know exactly what he meant," Spicer said.

[laughing]

Love 'em or hate 'em, all of GYERO has to respect that level of trolling.

Literally have no idea what you are talking about with covfefe.

Heard the end of Bloodline is confusing and not very good. But I guess that's what happens when you have to end a good series abruptly and we'll before it's time.

Post Office is a joke. There are a few good employees scattered around and I truly feel for those people. Getting *anything* accomplished with USPS is like pulling teeth and they have collectively the laziest staff of any company in America.

Last time I was in one of those places it took me 20 min to get to the front of the line only to be told that my package that I was told, on the phone, would have to be picked up if I wanted it that day. It was actually out on a truck and they weren't sure when it would be back.

Next day, the carrier(who is awesome, most helpful lady ever) informs me that the package was not on her truck and most likely LaSqueesha just didn't feel like looking for it and it was not the first time she's heard something like that. o_O

Reactions: roguemocha
--> I'm actually about 95% Team Tiger.

Me too. He's exactly the person who can afford, and even deserves, to be a heroin addict. Give him a fn break. Sure beats the hell out of practicing golf all day, or dealing with your wife, etc. Tiger said "f it" a long time ago, and people just need to respect that.

And if John fn daly can come back and play golf, there's a great chance tiger will eventually be back, maybe win a tournament, but right now he's chasing the dragon, k? Deal.

Trump tweeted covfefe trying to spell out some other word. Total non-issue.

Pretty much the Democrat version of all the crazy idiots who hung on Obama's every word and dissected everything he did/said.

Obama was fine. The world didn't end.

Trump is fine. The world won't end.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT