ADVERTISEMENT

General Timeline of Enfield, Musselman, Cal, Pope musical chairs

Um……that Hall of Fame coach either was told his ass was already as good as fired or he was smart enough to know that pitchforks in his driveway were right around the corner. The most SMU cascaded up to was the minor details.

Reactions: ukfan041
Cal orchestrated one of the biggest career blunders I can think of in recent memory. He thought he was a lot bigger than he actually was/is. He tried to strong arm Mitch, thinking Mitch would balk, allowing his pal Peavy to step in and replace Mitch. Peavy would've kept Cal until the embers of the bonfire died and there was nothing left. Thankfully for us, Cal got in too deep with his little scheme and voided his contract. What a jabroni!! The fool is probably still sleeping on the couch for blowing $30M. It absolutely couldn't have gone any better for BBN and Mitch.

I believe that USC and UK are going to come out the big winners in this. In his 11 years at USC, Enfield led them out of the first weekend 1 time (bubble tournament). He fled USC and they landed Musselman, who made it to 2 Sweet 16's and 2 Elite Eights in 8 years between Nevada and Arkansas. I don't need to talk about UK and the need for a fresh start under Pope. I think a few years down the road, both of those programs will be thankful their coaches left and SMU and Arkansas will feel the opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT