ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Hernandez says hello from hell.

DBFI1R4XsAIIywv.jpg

DBFI2h5WsAAyd27.jpg

Recite the national anthem backwards? You betcha

Didn't anyone eat anything this weekend? Build some backyard additions? Get attacked by non-indigineous fauna?

I grilled some homemade trailer park dogs. A+

I smoked a few meatloaves. A+

I got hit in the head by a touching hawk chasing a small bird. A+

Part of my town burned down. F- Historic buildings, a restaurant, a realtor and a clothing store along with the apartments above them burnt up in Loveland.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Pergola would have absolutely defended your head from hawk attacks. In fact, you should use some of that keen advertising acumen and make that into a campaign for Big Pergola, maybe get a free one for yourself and your ol' friend MaxPowerrr as part of the deal.

Picked up a big take out order for work at Chipotle and my card got skimmed or whatever they call it. Got a call from Chase the next day about charges made at the Super 8 Central City [laughing]. There were some entirely different charges at gas stations outside of St Louis.

Credit companies have gotten pretty good about shutting those down pretty quick. Account was canceled and had a new card overnighted.

That dude who chucked the fish on the ice last night smuggled it in inside his underwear. A catfish in his pants. These Preds fans, man. Really raising the bar.

DUI arrest isnt rock bottom. Not a good look obviously, but the dude went from being the best golfer to having marital problems, injuries derailing his career, and he got pegged for driving impaired. Quite a fall, but I mean there is a lot worse that couldve happened. When he gets ponzi schemed for all his cash or kills someone, *then* we have rock bottom for Tiger.

"Man, being the world's best golfer and an international icon is great. Sure do look forward to taking this ride the rest of my life!"

*Denny's waitress walks by with some oxys in a Crown Royal bag*

"Hold my Arnold Palmer..."

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Check your CC if you've been to Chipolte. They got hacked and wife already has $800 plus in charges. I've tried to tell her it sucks so maybe now she'll listen.
Just add your credit cards to your Apple wallet if you have an iPhone and it pops on your screen every time a charge goes through.

Speaking of being a credit card nerd, those new Amex platinum cards are :fire:.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
Pretty amped about this weekend trip to Chicago to see some friends. Cubs game in the bleachers Friday afternoon, then gonna check out U2 at Soldier Field Saturday night. Just checked and there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms both days so looks like its gonna be so great.

-Damn, Vonn. The current bikini revolution is just amazing.(for more evidence it's a good time to follow Old Row) Really great stuff happening out there. God bless the Brazilians.

-I've read 4 books on the Armstrong deal so I'd say I have a decent handle on it. Everyone was cheating and literally all of his rivals actually got busted. He's a prick but like most extreme narcissist he can also be pretty charming and he did start an amazing foundation. However, he really tried to ruin numerous people to cover it up. Succeeded in a few instances. He was also really extreme with the cheating. I will say this, taking back his sponsorship $$ is complete horseshit. They all knew what was going on and those businesses, especially the shitty USPS, benefited from the exposure. But yeah, not a good dude. Wheelmen, Todd Hamilton's book are a good place to start if you want to catch up.

-Typically Mem Day weekend is all in at work but we got a random year of mild weather so I got to enjoy one. Put 105 miles in on the bike, grilled out a few times, enjoyed some libations with the neighbor, friends and family. Really solid stuff.

-Good time to note how amazing this weather is.

-Reading "The Sympathizer" and it's decent, almost gave up on it, but still going. He never using quotations for conversation b/w character. Just runs on with the paragraph. I'm no grammar-ball(that is very obvious) but it makes for difficult reading.

-Finally got little man off 1 song and we have a solid rotation of 5 or 6. That's doable. Now I just need him to stop shoving other kids when he wants a toy.

-Tiger just makes me sad. Mainly b/c I didn't really start watching golf until the very end of his run.

Nyc,

Food of note:
-shanghai Asian manor-chinatown
-toscana 49-italian (outstanding)
-spice symphony-indochinese
-burger heaven-local chain
-ess-a-bagle-thanks Joey
-gotham west market (hipster food court in hells kitchen...had tacos and ramen).

Touristy stuff:
-big bus tour(nice way to see city)
-circle line ferry tour-bridges/sol
-top of the rock
-wicked at the gershwin...sadly I loved it.
-moma
-uss intrepid.
-walked/shopped a lot in chinatown, Soho and noho.
-madame tussauds...i have kids.
-walked the Brooklyn bridge.

-i *love* riding the subway...grand central is awesome.

-Nepalese uber driver that took us back to LaGuardia has summitted Everest 5 times. Name was Ang Sherpa...no shit. Great stories.

-love the energy of the city...but 5 days is plenty.

-no hookers...but the variety of beautiful women in that city is mind numbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossip
I need recommendations for San Francisco. Already doing Muir Woods, Alcatraz, etc.

Looking for dinner spots and beer spots.

Reactions: rudd1
I need recommendations for San Francisco. Already doing Muir Woods, Alcatraz, etc.

Do you have Alcatraz tickets already? Sometimes they sell out well in advance. We had to sit through a damned time share presentation to get tickets.

Muir Woods - Isn't that the gay area?

* Going back and forth between a blue 4Runner TRD Pro and a dark red or black Highlander.

Probably go with another 4Runner.

* The back yard is a complete effing zoo these days. Besides the aerial attacks from all the birds we've got baby rabbits, baby chipmunks, squirrels, deer, coyote and the newest editions (probably thanks to the rabbits and chipmunks) baby foxes and a nearly 6 ft black racer (snake).

* One of the only things better than smoked meatloaf is next day meatloaf sandwiches.

* Got three new lids. EKU, Reds and a Hillsboro Hops minor league hat. These will go with the 10 UK, Blue Jackets, Superman, Bengals, 3 other Reds and Miller High Life hats currently in my keep the dome from getting fried rotation.

Actually, 2 of the UK hats and a Reds hat are the only ones that get heavy use. Gotta go with the '47 brand closer hats thanks to my oddly small crown.

* Shit. Forgot about The Americans.

Sausalito is a must for dinner/brunch on tge water. We went to some little French place- La Garage perhaps?

LaTaquiera in Mission is a must stop for a burrito.

Reactions: GrandePdre
- So, apparently my old college roommate who is a writer out in LA was dating none other than Marissa Cooper from The OC for a little bit. Most random story I've heard in awhile.

- Used to hate the Highlander but the new body style is dope. 4Runner is still better though.

- Hit the Rhinegeist rooftop for the first time this weekend- dope spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT