ADVERTISEMENT

What should be done about the faking cramps/injuries?

You can’t assume with injuries. Cramps happen. Yes some is fake i know but you do not want refs deciding who’s hurt or not. It is a part of the game unfortunately and it’s not illegal. However I do think you can for players safety make it a rule that any injured player must set out till the next 1st down. If a player is found violating this rule, 15 yard penalty, loss of a timeout and a 250,000 fine for the Head Coach. If the HC gets 4 fines in a year he’s suspended a game.

That gives players time to rehydrate or recover and don’t put the refs in an impossible position of deciding what’s fake or real injuries. Also has consequences for team and coach for violating rule.

I think this is the easiest to implement.....

Make a kid sit out the remainder of the series....maybe even a full quarter for any type of injury. So if I lose a starting DE, RB, etc....then I'll think twice about him faking an injury.

I get the timeout thing....but you only get 3 each half...so if you burn out of TOs....what is there to stop you from faking rest of half?

It's impossible to guage valid vs. fake.....but having a rule that that player sits no matter what....is more than fair and not crazy hard to implement.
Sitting a quarter would be stupid. Guys get a stinger and hurts like crap for a second then goes away. You get popped and confused. A cramp. The Rodriguez hit. I’ll bet he returned but he was in lala land on the ground. Make them sit out until a first down or punt on offense and defense.
Someone may think twice about faking on first down if it means they lose the ball because he was out the whole series.

Not sure why we care, we don’t run hurry up and it benefits our defense to do it. We literally do it all the time. Stoops has been on camera “shooting” a player to go down. I’d rather they do nothing, helps us get our defense a breath vs Tennessee and Ole Miss type teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT