ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bojangles has good fries.

I thought the same thing about Mingiones laugh when he was on KSR a few weeks ago and you would've thought Matt promoting his twitter handle was the gotdamn funniest thing that had ever happened to him. I mean this guy was CACKLING like he was on drugs. I love his fire tho

I swapped out my Kia Sorento a few weeks ago for a slightly used chevy avalanche. Have driven my wife's minivan once since then and I feel amazing. My sons look me in the eye now and my muscles have never been stronger

Last edited:
My men's league partner's fiancé's last name is Hoar. Her entire family is out there, in fact -- just unreal. Great people, and they're fully aware -- the self-deprecating jokes never end. I'm marrying a Hoar, it is what it is.

Just can't imagine what a little girl with that name would have to go through at school these days...or ever, really. :cry:

-The new Freddy's in Hamburg has marginal burgers but excellent shoestring fries.

-Everyone's SF recs look great until I realize that our Cali trip is two weeks long and already using up the kids' entire college funds, so only cheap eats are on itinerary.

-Rax, I was gonna compliment your Avalanche the other day in that parking lot but you seemed all flustered. That's a man's truck right there.

-Congrats Jaimanthony.

-Wife and I watch "Amazing Race". Wonder which GYERO pairing would fare the best in a race around the world. PTI is an obvious choice because the word "race" is right there in the title, but who to pair him with is a trickier answer.

Best burgers and fries come from places that look like you may be murdered by a biker gang while eating there.

Agreed. Best burger in Indy. Just moved and I'm already craving it.

Workingman's Friend:

20100318-workingmansfriend-exterior.jpg

^ that's b/c those places typically use an old seasoned flattop grill, a nominally-sized patty, basic bun + American cheese = which is what a cheeseburger is supposed to be.

You can keep your 1/2 lb prime sirloin w/ aged smoked gouda, garlic aioli, heirloom tomato, sliced avocado, all on a lightly toasted fresh brioche bun!

Last edited:
I hate this new "lets throw siracha mayo, an egg, caramelized onion, bacon, talleggio cheese, and some tomato jam on this grass feed, unhinge your jaw patty and give it a goofy name" trend.

Just give me a cheeseburger with some trimmings.

^ :100points: I mean, I like all those things too -- but just prefer a classic cheeseburger. Feel the same about pizza, tacos...pretty much all the casual classics...simple/traditional ftw.

Plus, they're almost always too big. There's a lot to be said for the proper meat/bread/cheese/toppings ratio on ANY sandwich -- Example --> while the actual product (pastrami) is delicious, those NYC deli sandwiches can get pumped, imo -- a 6 inch pile of meat doesn't make it better.

A buddy of mine bought a portable flattop grill that he uses to make what he calls" bar burgers " and cook your breakfast staple items. Had fried pancakes off of it one time and thought I was in heaven.

Good Afternoon from Naples.

:: Fresh cut fries are among the most overrated trends in food. Awesome right out of the fryer. Garbage inside of five minutes.

:: Fries the right way are a cast iron pain in the ass. Cut, blanch, chill, par fry, lay out on sheet pans & freeze, fry again, serve. I respect the few places that bother to do as such, but they are rare.

:: Shake Shack buys frozen par cooked fries. That's all you need to know.

:: I happen to prefer a battered 3/16" jullienned fry. Holds salt/seasoning well out of the fryer. Stays crispy longer. 5/16" Skin on fries are a close second.

:: Had a 25min or so interview with Chopped just before Derby. Likely nothing, but we'll see.

:: I'm mentoring some 8th grader chefs from Beaumont Middle. They beat older kids from Dunbar in their own kitchen. Now they compete at the State Fair in August. Proud of those guys.

:: First dish I cooked in Naples were burgers. Know what was on them? Meat, cheese, bun, LTO, mayo. Simple and delicious.

:: I miss a Hattie Burger. Easlily the best in Lexington in its day.

:: Bon Anniversaire Jaimanthony

I look at our banking account online maybe once every 6 months. Last night was that night.
Besides $230 last month in Starbucks, she also pays $99 a month for a 30 day supply of vitamins and GET THIS......$75 membership to "Blowout", plus (4) $10 usage charges to them.
What is "Blowout", that's what I asked.
It's a place where you go, where they wash and dry your hair....THATS IT. No cut, no color....just wash and dry.
So we are so we'll off apparently, my wife pays people to bathe her. If anybody opens a store that you can pay to have people wipe your ass, call my wife, I would say she is interested.

Last edited:
I look at our banking account online maybe once every 6 months. Last night was that night.
Besides $230 last month in Starbucks, she also pays $99 a month for a 30 day supply of vitamins and GET THIS......$75 membership to "Blowout", plus (4) $10 usage charges to them.
What is "Blowout", that's what I asked.
It's a place where you go, where they wash and dry your hair....THATS IT. No cut, no color....just wash and dry.
So we are so we'll off apparently, my wife pays people to bath her. If anybody opens a store that you can pay to have people wipe your ass, call my wife, I would say she is interested.
:joy::joy::joy:

^ they style it, so YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GET READY, REALLY! My wife has gone a couple of times in NYC. 'Drybar', or something -- Pretty sure she got a glass of complimentary Champagne/Wine, too -- which is added value.

Reactions: anthonys735
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT