ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next 4 weekends:

Key West --> Destin --> San Diego --> New York City.

Face it, I'm just seasonally employed at the moment. Crushing it, too.

Reactions: BernieSadori
I once tried to put Deisel into my ex-wife's car because I had pulled up to the wrong pump. Turns out that the Deisel nozzle is larger than the regular gas fuel nozzles, I'm assuming for just such an occasion. Glad I wasn't filling up her boat, I would have never heard the end of that.

Just big enough for a ping pong ball to squeeze through.

I once tried to put Deisel into my ex-wife's car because I had pulled up to the wrong pump. Turns out that the Deisel nozzle is larger than the regular gas fuel nozzles, I'm assuming for just such an occasion. Glad I wasn't filling up her boat, I would have never heard the end of that.
Is this a sexual metaphor? Cause that's how I'm reading it.

Reactions: august-west
B Slice seems to have found his footing over at KSR. He and shitbag really needed to stick around here. What could have been, and whatnot.

Also finishing up The Noticer. I'm not huge on self reflection type books for the most part, mainly because a lot of these Andy Andrews books have been "recommended reading" for work- but this one is pretty decent. Finished re-reading Missoula, which is a scary one for all you parents with kids on the verge of college, especially those with daughters.

So Shaka is really gonna steal Bamba? Or is this the classic "Cal has him, then loses him close to the commitment time, then Cal gets him at the last minute?"

Did the Chef's table at Commanders Palace with a group on a work trip, compliments of a company after our business. Have wanted to go back for a couple years but the few times ive been back to New Orleans, reservations and nice dinners weren't really in the cards.

Last edited:
Bamba to Texas is gaining steam but it's mostly the Duke guys who are switching from Duke to Texas. I don't think anyone who's predicted Kentucky for a while has switched to Texas yet.

Whatever. Let him go to Texas and go 20-12 and lose in the first four as a 12 seed, have his peak be an upset over Kansas at home or whatever. Let's go f*ck some shit up.

Sacha%20Killeya-Jones%205.jpg

Reactions: gattongrad09
Shame Durant never reached his potential.
He'd have reached it anywhere and so will Bamba. No one is saying he won't still be a top 3 pick. But if you know you're a one-and-done, there's really no reason to go anywhere that can't win a title. You're building a brand, you're trying to set a legacy in a single year. Here's the list of one-and-done players in the last twenty years who have a legacy built at their college: Melo, Wall, Davis. Two titles and one guy who kickstarted an empire. Many of the rest of them have reached their potential, had great careers, etc., but college fans don't really care or remember where they went.

I could not conceivably care less about Bamba "realizing his potential." That's mostly up to him. I do care about UK winning national titles. This makes that less likely.

In the past 60 years, Kentucky has won one national championship when it wasn't the preseason #1 or #2 team in the country.

Those things are damn hard to come by.

Bamba is a top 5 pick no matter where he goes if he's as good as advertised -- Texas has the #2 roster in the NBA.

...Jarrett Allen is a lock mid 1st rounder, and he played for the worst Texas team in forever.

He'd have reached it anywhere and so will Bamba. No one is saying he won't still be a top 3 pick. But if you know you're a one-and-done, there's really no reason to go anywhere that can't win a title. You're building a brand, you're trying to set a legacy in a single year. Here's the list of one-and-done players in the last twenty years who have a legacy built at their college: Melo, Wall, Davis. Two titles and one guy who kickstarted an empire. Many of the rest of them have reached their potential, had great careers, etc., but college fans don't really care or remember where they went.

Huh? First, there is a difference between being a one and done player and being a sure-fire top 3 pick regardless of the circumstance. Its not like Bamba is a fringe 1st rounder and coming to UK would help his stock.

Bamba is a top 5 pick no matter where he goes if he's as good as advertised -- Texas has the #2 NBA roster in the NBA.

...Jarrett Allen is a lock mid 1st rounder, and he played for the worst Texas team in forever.
And you can't find two Texas fans who can name five UT alum in the NBA outside of Austin.

Huh? First, there is a difference between being a one and done player and being a sure-fire top 3 pick regardless of the circumstance. Its not like Bamba is a fringe 1st rounder and coming to UK would help his stock.
What's your point? Did you read my post? This isn't about his draft stock. That's not changing regardless of where he goes. That's not why picking Texas is stupid.

Myles Turner
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Durant
DJ Augustin
Avery Bradley

vs.

DeMarcus Cousins
Anthony Davis
Karl Anthony-Towns
Eric Bledsoe
John Wall

Pretty competitive game tbh, though we are much stronger on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT