ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re; Graduations.

One of my friends had a "graduation" with cap, gown and the whole family there with signs for her Associates Degree, a couple weeks ago. :weary:

Yeah they did that at NKU- actually had them walk with the bachelors graduates, albeit in different colored robes and ish, which seems worse actually

Sounds like you forgot to mention peanut butter crackers and Dr. Pepper.

No, but I did mention that he still had his Christmas tree up in April, which only served to underscore his single-minded obsession with the game of basketball.

Little did I know the real reason he forgot to take his tree down: he was drunk and thought it was still Christmas.

My girl had a 5th grad graduation, which I guess makes sense because she/they are moving on to middle school. But, three classes of 5th graders and they start off by each teacher giving each kid a made up award...if only Fox News could have been there on their snowflake watch.

And this "Bright Light Award" goes to Josie, because she brightens everyone's day.
And this "Positive Outlook Award", goes to Brad because of his always positive attitude.

My daughter got the penmanship award and afterwards she was like, "my penmanship isn't even good."

She gets it. In fact, I burned the award in front of her so as to not build up any false self-esteem. Penmanship awards are earned, not given.

To this day, and I don't know why, but when I think of graduations I can't help but to think of PTI's rendition of how black people celebrate a graduate at the ceremony. One of the times I literally laughed to the point of tears. Too bad it was pre-new forum days because it was a top 5 ever post imo.

<------ Had his college diplomas mailed. I had no intentions of sitting through a commencement ceremony in a stifling Memorial during the second weekend of May. I do think my parents were a little disappointed with me, but sorry. Wasn't about to do it.
I thought I was the only one who did that, I didn't go to my high school graduation. I went fishing instead.

To this day, and I don't know why, but when I think of graduations I can't help but to think of PTI's rendition of how black people celebrate a graduate at the ceremony. One of the times I literally laughed to the point of tears. Too bad it was pre-new forum days because it was a top 5 ever post imo.
I realize as an interloper I have no right to ask, but, I'd like to request that PTI at least make an attempt to duplicate that post. TIA.

Didn't go to college graduation. Zero interest.

Med school graduation was a slightly bigger deal. Not a big enough deal for the new Dean of the college, though, who had a meeting and skipped it. He was a pompous ass, so it was actually much better for us that way. The assistant dean threw plenty of thinly veiled shade at the dean throughout the ceremony.

<------ Had his college diplomas mailed. I had no intentions of sitting through a commencement ceremony in a stifling Memorial during the second weekend of May. I do think my parents were a little disappointed with me, but sorry. Wasn't about to do it.
I just went to the one for the Communications school, which was basically 300 or so of us walking up on stage at Heritage Hall, handing a person a card with our name on it so they could read it and hand you a rolled up piece of paper that said something along the lines of "We'll start checking to see if you actually graduated on Monday." We didn't even get the diploma holder the other colleges did.

I felt bad dragging my family down there for that shitshow. But at least it was short.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
I missed my high school graduation while getting smoked by Tyson Gay and the boys in the 4x200 at the KHSAA Championships. (Fastest team with a white guy on it - don't @ me.)

Architecture graduation was a group of 37 of us in the Kentucky Theater whom had spent 12 hours a day with each other grabassing around for the previous five years. It was great.

I think my high school graduation ruined me for all other graduations (attended or participation). Of course as a teacher, I have to go to them now. That's why PTI's post never made me chuckle. It was too real.

Reactions: funKYcat75
I missed my high school graduation while getting smoked by Tyson Gay and the boys in the 4x200 at the KHSAA Championships. (Fastest team with a white guy on it - don't @ me.)

Architecture graduation was a group of 37 of us in the Kentucky Theater whom had spent 12 hours a day with each other grabassing around for the previous five years. It was great.
I hope Clyde Carpenter and Mike Cranfill were not apart of the 'grabassing' festivities... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I hate to give the guy credit as I've never been much of a fan but ol' Pete Teeai showed me and the lassie one helluva time in New Orleans...

Taking us to every single cool part of the city
Lunch rezzies at Commanders Palace
Swamp Tour- freaking dope
Magazine St
St. Charles St.
The French Quarter
Hanging out on a Bourbon St balcony
Three ridic patio bars
Two girlfriends- one that I believe was coked up and the other a real life cajun
Oyster happy hour
Diviest dive bars I've ever come across
Live hiphop
Karaoke
Never getting home before 2am
Picking up tabs left and right
I can barely remember everywhere we went.

It was my kind of getaway- a drunk one. Just an awesome time, and he only ran once. The lass isn't a "drink til 3am 3 days in a row" type of girl but she had a great time. Seriously- how has Wodie never done real New Orleans when one of his closest buds lives right in the thick of everything?

And, as the most well-traveled man in GYERO, I declare that New Orleans- the real New Orleans- may be my favorite city in America.

That swamp tour looked pretty cool. Had one booked one morning of a UK/LSU football roadie, but didn't make the early departure. Ive still got to make that happen.

PTI is living the good life, especially for someone driving a1992 Corolla.

original.jpg

That swamp tour looked pretty cool. Had one booked one morning of a UK/LSU football roadie, but didn't make the early departure. Ive still got to make that happen.

PTI is living the good life, especially for someone driving a1992 Corolla.

Had a lot to do with perfect weather but it was awesome cruising around the swamp in those boats. Gators are everywhere- but mostly smaller ones. The big boy was an 11-footer but I think he knew the score. Came right up to the boat- our red captain teased him with raw chicken and then gave it to him. Only 30 minutes from town, too.

Anyone want to talk about their worst TOUCH ups?

So yesterday, technically two days ago I'm driving the parasail boat. Well I have a new mate I hadn't worked with before on board. We pull up to the fuel docks and the other mate I usually have jumps up on the dock and hands me the pump. Well, the mate I'm with that day is messing with the camera and the picture cards. So i get up there and pull up to the diesel pump because when I worked as a mate for another company we always went there and got diesel.

So, I grab the pump and start loading this thing up so we can goo out and crush it that day. Put 32 gallons on the starboard tank and 3 on the port side to make it even so the weight is distributed correctly while we fly.

I go in the station to sign the payment for the $100 of fuel. Guy says to me, "Parawest....you got diesel?" I said, "Yeah of course." Him, "Okay." Just needs the signature, so I sign. As SOON as he asked that I realized what I had done. The boat I work on now is the ONLY gas powered parasail boat down here, its a Merc 496.

I told the mate what I did and she looked at me like, "That touching sucks for you." I knew I had to call my buddy that owns the boat and tell him. WORST PHONE CALL EVER.

Tell him what happened, switched tanks to the one I put 3 gallons in and drove back to the dock. So then, we just filled the tank with only 3 gallons in it with fuel and trimmed accordingly. Ran it for a bit, all good.

So the rest of the day went fine, flying everyone and everything went great. Had to pump the diesel out of the tank., 50 gallons worth. Then go refill it to even the boat out. After the day was over, we had to go dump the half diesel, half gas fuel. Wasn't done til 830. THEN had to go to Tats to bartend til 4am.

What a day.

Cost my buddy that owns the company about $600. I tried to repay him in cash, negative. Bought $500 in publix guft cards to him...negative.

He just said, "Dont ever do that again."

Point taken.

Not as bad as running into someone on a wedding day though because that's obviously forgiven.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
I once tried to put Deisel into my ex-wife's car because I had pulled up to the wrong pump. Turns out that the Deisel nozzle is larger than the regular gas fuel nozzles, I'm assuming for just such an occasion. Glad I wasn't filling up her boat, I would have never heard the end of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT