ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I love the idea of having Izak, SKJ, and Gabriel back next year -- would still bet on Gabriel having enough games to wow the scouts, but it's not entirely out of the question for him to be back, at least. Love the skillet on Killeya-Jones, he just seems like one of those soph bust out dudes.

-Romar goes down at the buzzer at home...to Nevada (who's actually really good), but still. Has Michael Porter actually signed? I know of the coach tie there w/ his commitment, but damn -- it's really going to come down to whether they actually want to have a winning program, or just have another fancy recruit to parade around. What a mess.

Those bums are 4-5, including 4 straight Ls, and only one loss to a Top 25 team this season. [sick]

-Vegas week. :smiley: We'll be there at 1:30 Thursday, will drop wife off at the room to get settled in her favorite part of any trip (the hotel room), and out the door I go. Goal is to not to get misty eyed and have to pull down my shades when I touch down this time, I'm 0-2 so far. WHAT IS EVERYONE WEARING TO THE CLUB? That's the real argument that needs to happen.

-60 Minutes was awesome last night. Both the Colombia and "Lost" stories were just outstanding...show brings it nearly every week.

-Lost UNC 2nd half when Bradley clanked his two FT at the buzzer. Lost UK TT by 0.5 :mad: #gambol They better hope Berry gets healthy, and soon. Nate Britt is horrible -- he's their next Dex Strickland in terms of marginal players that somehow have been key rotation guys for 4 years -- they always seem to have one these days.

-Haven't given Christmas a second thought, which is par for the course at this age w/ no kids. Best part these days is just having the tree up and the extra coziness all the lights and decorations bring.

-Cats +3.5 vs the Wrambling Wreck. #CIU

Last edited:
At what point can you legitimately start making the argument that Lebron James is the GOAT? Are we there yet? Do we have to wait another 5 years?

Need some kind of Gif of all Monk's facial expressions, particularly his wide-eyed extra sarcastic smile, and also his sneaky "sheeiiiiiiit" one he likes to do after a good play or alley ooop to a teammate.

Dude cracks me up out there. Don't recall having two more demonstrative players than he & Briscoe, and Fox is sneaky that way as well. Wish they'd channel it a little more positively sometimes, but overall I'm a fan of it -- especially compared to the alternative.

Monk, Fox and Briscoe had some form of running dialogue ystdy where they kept laughing over a span of 10 minutes or so.

Things actually got a little chippy out there in the first half. Hofstra was physical.

Love Briscoe's game obviously but he needs to chill with the refs and trying to argue and mock them for bad calls.

-Romar has lost 4-5 in a row. Lol.

-We're at what? 3-4 weeks for Pappa Richie? Yeah, that's the worst of it. No sleep and no confidence you know what the hell to do. 8 weeks, pal. Seems to be the magic number for for realizing it's doable.

-Malone's Banquette for the Xmas party, dinner was really meh but I thought the apps were good, the service was really good, and they pump you in and out efficiently.

-First + weekend on gambol, in which I actually bet several games, in a month.

-Button up + dark jeans + Italian loafs and a late decision on sports coat or not for Friday night. If I got sports coat may switch over to grey slacks. Still mulling this over. Will update as it progresses.

-House sitter = WAF. No stressed out WS running around trying to get everything ready.

-Work Xmas out of the way, 1 family Xmas done, basically just Xmas eve and Xmas left. Pretty good for us these days. Last few years it seemed like we had 5-6 days/weekends trying to catch up with everyone. IMO, if you're out of town for Xmas you just catch up next year.

-Friday, my hopeful sports book day, has to be the worst sports day of the damn year.

-Bought Dad a sweet Rawlings glove with "PaPop" stitched on it for Xmas. Think it's my best work on a Christmas gift in a long time.

Last edited:
Adidas golf polos for $13.50 and free shipping with the promo code ADIGOLF25. There's only a few colors left for large but if you're fat like me and wear XL there's a bunch of options.

1033765-abf.jpg

Link

Anth,

Coming up at 4 weeks this Thursday. I shouldn't be complaining bc the lass has been awesome letting me catch up on sleep before i go into work.

- This team needs some polish and toughness but the idea of teams having to stop our three guards in March warms my heart. Starting to think UCLA is just that good right now.

- Leaning destination wedding in Mexico. Thoughts?

- Blue has effectively destroyed our Christmas tree already.

- Love me some Christmas time drankin' but I am struggling today.

-

- Leaning destination wedding in Mexico. Thoughts?

Yes

Smaller party + vacation + save a ton of money.

Plus, you'll be asking all your friends to drop a shit ton of money to watch you get married, which is something you've been adamantly against forever, which is even more perfect & fitting for 'New Chad'.

- Had about 70 people over Saturday night and the last group didn't leave until 2:15am

- Did Anth's Coconut water before drinking and passing out - seemed to work good expect it didn't stop the kids from waking up before 7am

- Punta Cana on Thursday for a soccer tournament - just my wife and I with our daughter

Has to be better than going in the summer or hurricane season Adrian

Yep I know it sounds nuts, but she was selected for it, it is over her birthday and she has never had alone, personal time with us since the boys were born - plus it is the Caribbean in December which is a good time to go Adrian

So has sgni passed up booker on "most talented athlete kid in GYERO"? That's pretty crazy.

You trying to marry this girl or bang her, 73? Because if it's bang, as it should be, being crazy is a few multiples of +, and definitely not a -1.

Correct, Chase. He gets abused defensively. That lumbering honky for HOFSTRA blurred right by him twice ystdy. That's a Hofstra player. No telling what a Meeks or Hicks would do to him. Watching him try to play against and keep up with Michigan St and UCLA's players was like watching a rhinoceros trying to run with tigers.

Like the kid but never understood the pass he gets because he's white and big. He tries hard! He's only 18! So were Woo and SheraynThomas at one point.

He can't jump, is super slow, has awful lateral quickness and has bad hands. He gets it stripped a lot. Hold onto the ball. He's essentially 7 feet tall and that's it. If he comes to close to snifffing Josh Harrellson level of productivity I'll buy Wodie's menthols for one year.

Rich, you have to understand who you are dealing with her bud. About 3 weeks ago I made the EXACT same point to Homer Baldwin in a text to him and Anth. I simply said that Humphries wasnt very good and couldnt start for NKU. Well, you wouldve thought that I attacked Homer Baldwin's mom, grandma and wife by saying a simple statement that Humphries sucks.

Things got so personal over that one comment that Homer Baldwin and I did not speak for over a week. True story. Anth tried to bring us back together but neither of us would budge. All over the comment that Humphries sucks. And he does, hes effing awful.

In order to have a conversation with Homer Bandwagon Baldwin, you need to get on board with his ways. Everything about UK is perfect, every player is an All-American and future HOFer, they play mistake free basketball, Cal has NEVER made one single, solitary questionable coaching decision. Everything is perfect in Homer Baldwin's UK world, so dont try to bring any sense or logic into the conversation.

Personally, I dont care if Humphries is 48 or 18 years old and leads the world in rebounds per second. Hes a terrible, shitty basketball player who offers nothing when he comes on the floor. But be careful saying that, Homer Baldwin gets REALLLLYYYYY upset when you say such things. Be prepared for his wrath.

I enjoyed watching the bench laugh at poor Izak. There was one play where he was blocked by a guard and Briscoe almost fell out of his seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT