ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning the Central is our birthright. Maybe they could make some noise in the American SouthCentral? I hear it's a pretty easy league to pull out.:boxing:

I actually feel bad for all Central fans other than the Cards. Playing in a division that houses the greatest national league team of all time is some shit isn't it?

And you're the Red Sox bitch.

AP270014171729.jpg

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Phillips is actually having a decent year. He is still very good in the field and is hitting a respectable .275. He is a much better than avg 2B in the field and at the plate.

It was still a contract that a small market team like the Reds can't afford to do. Nothing compares to the Homer Bailey extension, tho. Ignorant and unwarranted.

They don't need to pair Phillips with Cueto, but I do think he needs to be shipped off.

They really need to blow it up and start over. Phillips, Bruce, Byrd, Leake, Cueto and Chapman should all be gone. Probably a few middle relievers like Parra, too. Votto's contract will keep teams away. If Cozart was healthy, he'd be gone, too.

The best thing the Reds could do is get outa the central because St. Louis isn't gonna let'em breathe. Winning the Central is our birthright. Maybe they could make some noise in the American SouthCentral? I hear it's a pretty easy league to pull out.:boxing:

I actually feel bad for all Central fans other than the Cards. Playing in a division that houses the greatest national league team of all time is some shit isn't it?

The Cards are definitely the class of the division, but since the Reds have won 2 of the last 5 Central Division titles I think we'll stay.

Thanks for the advice, though. Now please go choke on a semen shake and don't come back you silly asshole. TIA.

* trade everybody. no chance the reds get better with this aging/overpaid team. cueto and chapman can return a huge haul. leake is a valuable chip. bruce is, too. byrd and pena can get you a b-level prospect. phillips would be a pure salary dump. this team is going to win 70-some games either way, might as well actually build for the future while you're at it.

* <-- is MUCH more scared of the cubs than the cards right now. its sick how loaded their farm system is. russell, soler, bryant, schwarber, bryant, baez....ugh.

* frazier is one of the most likeable guys in sports. good for him.

I was spitballing some Bike To Beat Cancer Fundraising ideas…

Would any of you usual suspects be interested in doing a morning/afternoon rafting trip on the Little Miami and then going out in Cincy/NKY that night with wcc as our guide?

I would throw in a grill out at my house (3 minutes from the rafting trip would end) after the rafting.

Winning the Central is our birthright.

You should be giving the guy who came up with a realignment and the wild card a daily handy because the Cards would not have made the playoffs let alone win the World Series their last 2 times under the in the old NL East.

So who's going to just take Phillips on his own?

kansas city's current 2nd baseman posts the following line....

.236 / .247 / .308 / 0 homers / 5 walks / 48 strikeouts

phillips would be a fantastic fit, and they may be willing to pay up to get him. either in a pure salary dump, or cincinnati eats it and gets prospects in return.

I said he doesn't have the same blow your doors off talent that DJ and Rory have. Of course he has talent but you put those three on the range your going to be wowed by two.
i watched him hit about 40 6 irons at the PGA t Valhalla. he grouped 90% of them inside a hula hoop.

Wasn't impressed.

blow your doors off talent.

[laughing]

basically, dj and rory are much more "athletic," or appear to be more physically gifted. more muscular/lean physique. and can hit the ball further. thats it.

if jordan spieth doesn't have "blow your doors off talent," then nobody on the entire tour does. poor anth is just showing his simpleton eye.

I get what Anth is trying to say, he just said it wrong. Way wrong.

Speith is as talented, clearly, as anyone out there.

He should have replaced 'talent' with 'power'....and used the word 'jaw dropping' as a term to describe what it's like to watch Rory, Dustin, Bubba, and a few others hit a golf ball. B/c it is.

It's like saying Tony Gwynn isn't as talented as (insert favorite turbo power guy who's also a great hitter). Sure he is, but the average non-baseball geek isn't going to get the same wow experience watching him take batting practice or slapping the ball beautifully around the field while going 4-4.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTI (pti)
I think the conversation all boils down to one thing. Will Spieth win 10 majors? 3 professional players in history have won 10 or more. When we are all sitting in rocking chairs playing checkers at cracker barrel in 2040 some of these bets can be paid off. Whoever loses is an ignoramus.

Forgot about Jared Stillman until ystdy when Jason Anderson had him on 680. Little fatboy now co hosts a show in Nashville and Anderson had him on to talk SEC Media Days.

Per Stillman, UL has the advantage at QB over Auburn in the opener if Bonafon starts. Auburn's QB is Jeremy Johnson, who albeit unproven, is supposed to be one of the most talented QB's in the country. The hype is comparing him to Cam Newton.

Stillman also said Arkansas is coming out of the West.

Idiocy follows you no matter where you do.

Randoms:

- Taking a halfer and getting the hell out of town to avoid all the traffic and hoopla. May roll down to the stadium via Newport later on, tho.

- Haven't watched the HR Derby in years but last night was cool and it seems everyone in sports media considers it the best in decades.

- Cincy has traditionally been considered a baseball town. Losing and front office ineptitude for decades will drain that a bit. Nice seeing us get our edge back. Lots of tradition here.

- Not a bad host town for such things either. You have the Banks right next door. Smale Park on the river. Couple blocks up is Fountain Square and the various bars/restaurants. Then, OTR up from there. The city's grown up a lot.

- Todd Frazier is just a great guy. Have heard from many fans, including my dad who met him at spring training a few years back, that he's as down to earth as a pro athlete comes.

- Would really like Cal to make a run at DeAaron Fox but I think he knows he has Simmons on lock.

- Lindsay Czarniak is outstanding at her job. Very impressive.

correct, bbdk. and a very nice comparison. he doesnt mash the ball 330 yards, like dj, rory, and drxman. he isn't ripped/lean/muscular, and cant dunk a basketball.

but to say he doesnt have "blow your doors off talent" is all-time, legendarily stupid. because, in fact, he does.

Reactions: drxman1
Anyone tried Snell balls before? Basically, Dean Snell, the guy who created the ProV1 and Taylor Made's best balls started his own company. Their tour ball is getting really great reviews everywhere I look, and they're only $31.99 a dozen. I think I'm going to pick some up and give them a shot. The logo is almost hideous enough to deter me, but my curiosity is going to win out.

Czarniak is indeed really good. She's one of the rare female personalities that never gets on my nerves...it's an impressive quality, those are few and far between, no matter what they look like.

And despite her obvious flaws, she gets hotter/sexier to me all the time. I love thinking about her and her black man. JMO.

The GYERO Group P.S.C. should have sued the NCAA.

A federal magistrate judge on Monday night ordered the NCAA to pay nearly $46 million in attorneys' fees and costs to lawyers for the plaintiffs in the Ed O'Bannon class-action antitrust lawsuit against the association.

O'Bannon Case

Also, Spieth's power is a talking point simply b/c that's the ONLY thing you can even slightly bring into question -- and only when compared to the monsters on Tour.

Dude is 21, and a pretty big kid....he averages 291 off the tee, and hits his share over 300. It's not like we're talking about Justin Leonard or Zach Johnson here.

Hell, his average drive is a mere 5 yards behind Tiger Woods.

He'll continue to get stronger and grow into his frame, but he's never going to be in the Day/Bubba/JB/Rory/Dustin category, and he doesn't have to be.

- Not a bad host town for such things either. You have the Banks right next door. Smale Park on the river. Couple blocks up is Fountain Square and the various bars/restaurants. Then, OTR up from there. The city's grown up a lot.

- Todd Frazier is just a great guy. Have heard from many fans, including my dad who met him at spring training a few years back, that he's as down to earth as a pro athlete comes.
Really impressed with all of the improvements they've made down there even since the end of last football season. Walking around the area last night it was great seeing everything all done up. I like that the Banks area is going to be open carry (beer) now too.

Only bad thing is wondering when something like this will be back in town. Cincinnati touched up not just putting a roof on PBS when they built it, IMO. When you see Indianapolis hosting a Super Bowl, Final Fours, etc. and looking at the money that Hamilton County will wind up spending on PBS anyway, that's a big missed opportunity.

Not only will Spieth likely get stronger but he already has arguably the strongest short game on the Tour. Talent in golf isn't smashing the ball off the tee otherwise we would be talking about the Remax LD. Spieth, at the moment, is the most talented player in golf.

Also, Spieth's power is a talking point simply b/c that's the ONLY thing you can even slightly bring into question -- and only when compared to the monsters on Tour.

Dude is 21, and a pretty big kid....he averages 291 off the tee, and hits his share over 300. It's not like we're talking about Justin Leonard or Zach Johnson here.

Hell, his average drive is a mere 5 yards behind Tiger Woods.

He'll continue to get stronger and grow into his frame, but he's never going to be in the Day/Bubba/JB/Rory/Dustin category, and he doesn't have to be.

how would you describe him, talent wise? just kind of ordinary -- but with an *exceptional* level of focus, or does his talent, maybe, i don't know, "blow your doors off?"
keep in mind he's won 2 majors and is only 21.

OTR is wodie.

Everytime I see Chad he mentiones wanting to check out NULU/Market/Downtown, etc...before I tell him it's not remotely the same.

It has potential to be, kinda, but it's pretty much restaurant-focused at this point, although bars, shops, & more versatile options seem to be popping up all the time. I can't keep up with all the new places downtown anymore, but I really enjoy being down there in general -- moreso than any area of town these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT