ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate going north except Chicago and Nyc. I'll be fine never visiting Wisc, Minn, upper MI. I would like to hit the upper NE at some point. I hate on lex but really the weather only sucks about 6-8 weeks per year. Just thinking about living up there makes me nauseous.

Thanks swimmer and cc. No worries I never post sentiments, sympathies or congrats online.

TJ could wear yellow after tomorrow. Leggo.

Awesome for Aa. Like Jerry Meyer said, twitter expectations and hate had me rooting extra hard for the dude. Hope he carves a nice career.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll be there during part of that timeframe. Actually have tix to the PGA Championship as well so I expect I'll be there quite a bit, but wanted to know what to do in the evening. Irish Fest sounds right up my alley.

Took the family down to the banks and Covington tonight. Gotta say the area has cleaned itself up real nice for the ASG.

ASG > Horse Games

Reactions: wcc31
All due respect to Jayson Tatum, who I'm sure is a swell basketball player, but who the hell picks their college on a Sunday morning at 9am? That's the dumbest damn thing I've ever heard.

It's definitely not Kentucky, because Cal would've shut that shit down with a quickness.

Spieth has to be the most likeable megastar to come along in I don't remember when. Loved his interview with Van Pelt this morning...what a great young man.

Golf Digest's 'Spieth Issue' last month had a really fascinating article about his rise from a marketing standpoint. Basically went from off-the-radar into the Top 5, of ANY athlete.

A couple excerpts:

-According to the Celebrity DBI, which measures consumer perception of 3,600 celebrities for the promotions and marketing agency The Marketing Arm, 19 percent of consumers knew who Spieth was in mid-March, before the Masters. On April 16, after the victory at Augusta, his consumer awareness was 35 percent. (There's room for growth there: Tiger is known by 97 percent.)

-In overall appeal/likability, Spieth went from No. 1,500 to No. 129, ahead of Tina Fey (134) and Jack Nicholson (135). In aspiration (think: "I want to be like Mike"), Spieth went from No. 333 to No. 4, behind only Tom Hanks, Bill Gates and Kate Middleton. In endorsement value, Spieth went from No. 529 to No. 5, behind Hanks, Morgan Freeman, Betty White and Michael Jordan, and ahead of Arnold Palmer, Angelina Jolie and Sofía Vergara.

He's basically gone from relative unknown (outside the hardcore golf fan) to worldwide phenomenon over the past year. His annual base salary off-course is already at 25 Million per year at age 21, and obviously, is going to continue to grow at a rapid pace. Incredible.

Anyways, pretty cool article, check it out.

Golf's new $25 Million Dollar Man: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2015-07/golfs-new-25-million-man-sirak

-Btw, Golf Digest is a great little magazine to have around the house. You can get it for nearly-free if you look around. It's about 1/2 the size it used to be, which is a good thing. Little filler, and always filled with some interesting reads.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatadam6
He'll be lucky to win 5 or more majors. With all the young talent out there, no way. Rory I can see getting 10. Spieth? No chance. He can't overpower courses like Rory can.

I think he's got the whole package. Talent, personality, sportsmanship, support system. He's basically Bobby Jones Redux.

Certainly hard to forecast out, but he'll play in 50 or so more Majors before he's 35 years old. He'll always be in contention at Augusta. A strong play in the US Open. Throw in a PGA/British or 2 or 3, and yeah, 10 is a very real possibility.

Awesome forecast for the home run derby tonight- might be a repeat of the GA Dome SECT. Any tips for surviving a tornado in a crowded sports event environment?

We actually finished our 6man Calcutta yesterday...pretty incredible job by the greens crew, out there with squeegees throughout the duration of the round...it was a complete mess. Over $22,000 in the pool, so they were going to make it happen one way or another.

We were on a 4 hour delay, so I decided to head to the gym around 8:30 am. There were several cars stuck on Shelbyville Rd right in front of Trader Joe's.

...I was able to make it on to Bowling Blvd, but I got to the entrance of Milestone, and there were 3 cars stuck at the entrance with water up to the hood. Pretty unbelievable. News had people riding around in boats in certain St. Matthews neighborhoods....smh.

Gonna be a fun day/week at work as people call in to find out their ruined home isn't covered for a flash flood. :cry:

Pretty sure the bridge on Big Spring #13 washed away. It looked like the New River there yesterday. I played that hole with 05 on Saturday night, and hit from the blacks. Might have been the last tee shot from that tee in a good while. Beargrass Creek got so high, it "spilt" over to 64.

11698578_10153499380684640_5843284650104197331_n.jpg

Last edited:
* All Star Game Fan Fest was surprisingly pretty awesome. I took the 5 yr old and there was a ton of stuff for her to do.

I didn't get to do the stuff I wanted to do, like check out all of the historical HOF stuff they had set up. But they had a million things to do for kids of all ages. Probably would've been best for a 8-16 yr old boy.

And the autographs were actually free. I wasn't going to wait in any lines, though.

My boss had a long discussion with Jack Morris about how they limit pitch counts these days and didn't worry about it back when he played.

* Saw Minions yesterday. Not as good as the first two, but pretty good. Much better than I expected.

* I managed to get the grass cut Saturday night. Glad I did with more rain in the forecast. Ridiculous.

* Can't wait to go for a cruise on the Pope Smear.

* wcc looking good in his latest profile pic on FB. Glad to see you embrace the thinning dome.

* Wouldn't mind a coyote or two to make a quick pass thru my hood. Rabbits are out of control and eating everyone's plants. This year's batch aren't even scared of people.

* Umbrellas, rain boots and arks. That's the business you want to be in these days.

Wow. :(

Cool hole tho.

Someone sent out a video of Fern Creek up on our #10 around 9am & it looked like a complete disaster, although not as bad as that.....amazingly, 2 hours later it was like it never happened. Couldn't believe it receded that quickly.

* strangely, we're not really getting much rain these days. good news, though -- my tan game is on fleek.

* it sure is easy to get yalls collective panties in a wad.

fat people sweat a lot. its true. i didn't say if you sweat a lot, youre fat. sort of like how a square is always a rhombus, but a rhombus isn't always a square.

* ran the idea of the adult decathlon by a friend on saturday, and he about lost his s***, he was so excited. may have to make that happen this year.

* <-- rooting for el chapo.

* chris knight show as pretty depressing, even by his standards. they moved the show from saturday to friday. from 8pm to 10pm. from the main stage to an upstairs room. there were probably 75 people there. and that may be generous. still love him, though.

NASCAR drivers are tough like a pissed off 100 lb woman in a Chevy Tahoe is tough. Everyone is billy badass behind the wheel it seems.

The El Chapo story is WODIE. Biggest druglord in the world before his initial capture...

Escape from a mile long tunnel through the bottom of his shower? That's dope.

About a 1% chance he didn't have inside help tho. Still be fun to follow.

Last edited:
Some Spieth putting stats:

1st in putting average
1st putts per round
5th in putts 15'20'
1st in putts 20'-25'

The dude is deadly with the flat stick.

I like that the tunnel he escaped through had a working rail car, ventilation and was wired for electric. Unless he's shot by DEA or extradited- its not worth arresting that dude and putting him in Mexican prison.

Reactions: _Chase_
I like that the tunnel he escaped through had a working rail car, ventilation and was wired for electric. Unless he's shot by DEA or extradited- its not worth arresting that dude and putting him in Mexican prison.

Thought it was a motorcycle? Anyways, yeah...probably had a new Identity packet, rations, and a burner phone waiting for him in his backpack down there.

-Spieth makes more long putts than anyone I can remember. It's unbelievable. You feel like he has a great chance to drain anything from 20-30 feet, and if he doesn't, he burns the edge.

-Spieth makes more long putts than anyone I can remember. It's unbelievable. You feel like he has a great chance to drain anything from 20-30 feet, and if he doesn't, he burns the edge.

Yeah but that's because he's just calm, nothing to do with actual talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT