ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
They like going to the games b/c they get nachos and ice cream. To be honest.

Kids don't give a shit for the most part.

I'm guessing your kids hate UK football because of your reaction to Joker, not because they independently hate Joker.
This reminds me of the time we were in Philly with 73 and his dad for the NCAA Tourney and his dad went on a rant about Tubby.

Geico uses a Gecko because it is sounds similar and Aflac uses a duck because its "quack" sounds like "Aflac."

If you can't crack the code on those, I would stick with the bear before deciding to put out a think piece for your next campaign.
Pretty sure I have a firm grip on advertising, bud. I'll let you know if i need a back porch designed.

-The blue/purple lots are going to be a war zone for another year while they are working on the practice facilities. They just broke ground on that.

-Heaven forbid the place isn't 100% done on a complete remodel that spans 2 seasons without displacing the team or fans. It'll be fine.

-SAE, you wore a white tuxedo jacket to your wedding. Pipe down about my apparel.

-awesome thing about the pit is the fact that everyone knew this was going to happen. 0% chance it would get finished. Fill it in, make it a park or a row of small buildings to match the rest of that area.

-why would anyone allow enough frustration to build one way or the other with uk football? Is the same product we've all known for 30 years. Every 5-6 years we have a decent little team. Rest of the time we beg for the back up QB and hope for 6 wins. Enjoy the scene.

Hopefully there'll be all kinds of saws and nails and concrete chunks and shit just all over the place come gameday. That would be amazing. Maybe we could surround the field with them in a big ol' stack like hedges.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone get tackled through some wooden crates or oil barrels like they're in Street Fighter 2.

I do think there were a number of people "in the know" who were honestly surprised the ol' "uh, yeah we know those one secret investors didn't work out but we know a guy in Sweden maybe sure that'll totally work out!" plan fell through.

Thus, the hole.

So I went to the car wash yesterday(at Clean Sweep) to get my car washed

What a novel concept.If you need me to check to see how dilated you are, just let me know.

And all you naysayers on UK football can go f@ck yourselves, seriously. If you don't see a different level of recruiting, coaching and commitment to facilities, you are a f@cking waterhead. Don't piss on this parade yet.

What a novel concept.If you need me to check to see how dilated you are, just let me know.

Waiting on the cervix to ripen...[laughing]

Probably assisted/delivered about 30 babies on my OB rotation. Some people think its magical to be there and involved in the process, others do not. Wasn't my calling.

Will say I'm impressed with how fast OB's can get that baby out of there if things go sideways. Like a damn Indy pit crew. Will make your head spin.

Team Rob

And all you naysayers on UK football can go f@ck yourselves, seriously. If you don't see a different level of recruiting, coaching and commitment to facilities, you are a f@cking waterhead. Don't piss on this parade yet.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Ding a Dell is the best freshman defensive player Pitino has ever seen. And best defensive player on the team.

Beauty of EPL is its perfect pregame fodder Sat mornings. Games at 745 and 10am.

I know. It was a joke. I hang around with enough soccer "fans" to know this.

You know what's really hilarious- these huge soccer "fans" who go to Molly's every Saturday morning to watch the EPL are not guys I considered sports fans growing up.

"Mustahioed 101-ers" is poetic, Beavis. What great terminology, and yes, our The Paddock is overrun with them right now.

Because we're poors, our family has gone to Nashville a few times this summer for some mini-vacations. Judging by their scene, weird is in. Like, the weirder and creepier you can look, the better. I'm getting old, I guess.

Will Helen Hunt ever make a comeback?

Don't know anything about the power forward Sacha Killeya-Jones but I consider him a must have based on the hyphenated name alone.

- Going to suck seeing Cueto traded even though I want it to happen. Best Reds starter of my lifetime (well, Rijo maybe). His presence just reminds me of the failures of this organization to do anything with an extremely talented roster over the last 3-5 years. Postseason busts, poor managing, poorly-timed injuries and stupid contracts. I'm as over Reds baseball as I've ever been- almost into Bengals territory with me.

- We have lost more F'ing recruits to Florida State through the years than seemingly anybody.

- Subway's Jared campaign is probably the most effective marketing I've ever seen.

- For a homerun, I'd rank dinger slightly over tater and dong as my favorite nickname.

- Nothing shows the schism between your 20s and 30s quite like weddings. In your 20s, having a date isn't necessary, everybody's getting after it, pounding bourbon, trying to bang bridesmaids, it's new, it's exciting, the whole thing turns into a complete shitshow. In your 30s, everyone has a girlfriend/wife as a date, there are no single people, the fun part of the festivities isn't the partying as much as the catching up with old buddies, it's still fun but it's definitely not crazy.

- I just want to make this clear- when I rip American Soccer Fan- I am NOT talking about guys who are huge sports fans and grew up playing soccer, understand the game, have always followed it, and, thus, also just count it as one more sport they love. I have some buddies who played at UC. They're just huge sports fans in general who have been US and EPL soccer fans for years- much like our own @catholic_back. I'm talking about the niche sports geeks, hipsters and trendsters. I'm talking about these sportswriter types.

Honestly, you know what got me into soccer (and I'm betting there are a lot more folks like me)? FIFA video games. I picked up one during the World Cup back in the 90s and slowly started becoming a fan as a result. Those things are fun as hell and pretty easy to just pick up and play. On a related note, I think the Madden video games have a ton to do with the explosion in the NFL's popularity over the last couple of decades.

*Shocking* that Chad believes your life should be cast based upon what you're interested in in your childhood/early adult years.

I've got no problem with people taking up soccer as a new passion or interest. I get that for some traditional American sports have either become so ridiculous they turn you off or they simply aren't as entertaining anymore. I find myself becoming more intrigued by it, frankly. Doubt I ever hit Molly Malone's at 6:00 am for a match, but I can see why it's getting the traction.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
*Hoping* the stadium renovations will be mostly complete. The combo of the pic my buddy sent me combined with the cam showing the loge area & recruiting room not looking hollow sent me overboard ystdy.

Just get it done. This has so much potential to be one of the nicer stadiums in the SEC and you want to be able to show it off on opening wknd.

* Our offense is going to very good this fall. We finally have depth on the online and our playmakers are no longer true frosh. We also have depth & talent at receiver. Having players like Badet and Montgomery back is huge. Johnson could be a star. Like Bone and Baker.

* Really concerned about linebacker. Forrest is serviceable but we are so thin overall.

* Can we please have a summer? Good grief. Rain and grey skies is not we need after the death march that is winter. Give me sunshine and heat.

* Hit up the outlet stores in Simpsonville on Sunday with the lass. That development has a solid lineup.. Brooks Brothers, J Crew, Polo, Nike, Under Armour, Columbia, Gucci and good stuff for lassy shopping. Almost every store had 50% off. Raked at Brooks Brothers, picked up a nice button down at Polo
& copped a throwback UK hat via Nike with the 90's Wildcat (minus the penis tongue) SnapBack style at Lid's. It's not breaking in all that well bc of the new flatbill style. Kids don't cooter their hats anymore. Don't know what to make of this.

- Need more Geese and NJT dialogue with Coomes.

- BBQ pork via the crockpot tonight. Soaking in banner peppers. Shred it and poor sauce in. Not a bad and easy to make meal.

I thought Chad's angst jumped the shark when he clowned on the clothing that people were wearing on a 4th of July bar hop. I thought the late-30's fella willingly attending the bar crawl was actually what was a bit off.

*Shocking* that Chad believes your life should be cast based upon what you're interested in in your childhood/early adult years.

I've got no problem with people taking up soccer as a new passion or interest. I get that for some traditional American sports have either become so ridiculous they turn you off or they simply aren't as entertaining anymore. I find myself becoming more intrigued by it, frankly. Doubt I ever hit Molly Malone's at 6:00 am for a match, but I can see why it's getting the traction.

First off, I really don't appreciate the cheap shot. Hurt my feelings. Uncalled for.

And you're right- I don't understand just deciding to be a passionate sports fan. I'm just going off my personal experiences with American Soccer Fan. None of the BIG soccer fans I know are traditional sports fans...well, until 73 just came out.

I thought Chad's angst jumped the shark when he clowned on the clothing that people were wearing on a 4th of July bar hop. I thought the late-30's fella willingly attending the bar crawl was actually what was a bit off.

Trust me- I didn't want to go. Girlfriend made me.

* cueto goes out and tosses a gd gem last night. complete game, 2-hit, 11-k shutout. sick. was basically twerking on the mound for good measure, and beat max scherzer (best pitcher in baseball).

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/07/07/135351770/johnny-cueto-does-short-wiggle-to-freeze-nats-batter

im gonna miss this guy in a cincinnati uniform. :(

* uggghhhhh....weekend isnt even here, and im already dreading it. was hoping for laziness, but chris knight is playing at the house of blues on friday, and my buddy's birthday is saturday. hes dead set on dive bar hopping, which NEVER turns out well.

* i'll tell you a funny follow on social media: the points guy. one of bbdk's online heroes. his typical post on tfb is something like...

JUST SITTING HERE WASHING MY BALLS WITH A BOTTLE OF DOM ON A PRIVATE G6 THAT I HAVE COMPLETELY TO MYSELF ABOUT TO WAX TWO STEWARDI THANKS TO MY TRIPLE BONUS MANGANESE CITIBANK REWARDS CLUB POINTS.

the-points-guy-604cs051612.jpg

one of those psychotically driven people whose work i admire, but could never bring myself to put in the time. would love to travel with this bro, though.

The thought of Richie foaming with rage and shaking his fists in anger about incomplete stadium renovations is hatboggan. Hell, I'm amazed that they're actually doing this stuff in the first place. Actually finishing it at some point is cream cheese, IMO.

The problem is "Soccer Guy", who not only is passionate about the sport, but takes it personally when you aren't. No other sport has fans that get so butthurt when everyone else doesn't share their passion. And if you say anything remotely negative about it, they just melt down. IT'S NOT BORING IT'S THE BEAUTIFUL GAME OLEEEEE OLE OLE OLEEEEEE

You don't see any other sport whose fans are so sensitive when others don't share their enthusiasm for it. That's what makes Soccer Guy so easy to dislike. And so easy to mock.

Like Chad said, it's not true of all of them. But it's definitely true of Soccer Guy.

Reactions: Beavis606
The problem is "Soccer Guy", who not only is passionate about the sport, but takes it personally when you aren't. No other sport has fans that get so butthurt when everyone else doesn't share their passion. And if you say anything remotely negative about it, they just melt down. IT'S NOT BORING IT'S THE BEAUTIFUL GAME OLEEEEE OLE OLE OLEEEEEE

You don't see any other sport whose fans are so sensitive when others don't share their enthusiasm for it. That's what makes Soccer Guy so easy to dislike. And so easy to mock.

Like Chad said, it's not true of all of them. But it's definitely true of Soccer Guy.

NBA guy is close these days imo.

Reactions: wcc31
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT