ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
University of San Diego, etc.

Hey, I just learned something new!

I never really gave much thought to Dayton or its public/private status until my cousin started there (which would have been like 2007-ish, so I guess that's not all that recently).

Still obligated to be insulted, though.

And while we are on the subject, who is Touch_Em_All and why is he using the old Boxhead sig I made as his avatar, IMO?

Changed from Slam_Dunk to this, around the time Cal came on board to embrace the hate. The avatar just reminds me of how long I have been reading this thread and enjoying the antics of GYERO.

The British gecko is lovable and genius, new adults (under 30) are particularly fond. Anytime I get the feeling a prospect is in love with marketing I use their formal name (Government Employees Insurance Company) and it throws them for a loop. I love watching their face as they process that they are just sheep in the machine.

Yesterday a girl I know posted a picture on IG of her and Jared when she was little and in a Subway commercial. Great timing.

Also, the license plate on this girl's car is "SUBWAY!"...because she was in that one commercial 15 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
Don't ask for much when it comes to UK football. Had season tix every year since 2001. Sat through some dark
times and it's made those rare great moments that much sweeter.

That being said.. Watching this stadium cam like a hawk. All I've been thinking about since the loss to Wisconsin is how cool it'll be to walk into this sleek looking newly renovated CWS in early Sept.

On September 5 if we're all walking over dirt, mud, plywood, construction trailers and total unfinished business I may lose it. The exterior areas surrounding the stadium look like a war zone. They've made what looks like no real progress whatsoever to the recruiting room, press boxes and club areas.

We are less than 60 days out and at this pace we're looking at a new field and blue chair backs being the only areas that are totally complete.

The British gecko is lovable and genius, new adults (under 30) are particularly fond. Anytime I get the feeling a prospect is in love with marketing I use their formal name (Government Employees Insurance Company) and it throws them for a loop. I love watching their face as they process that they are just sheep in the machine.

Same for USAA. People think it stands for something military related when it really just stands for United Services Automobile Association.

The recruiting center is months away from being finished. Like, not in this calendar year.

per ksr, james young added twenty pounds of muscle.

amazing. in other news, he ran a 4.2 40 and credited god for all his success.

Richie, I don't know if you are talking about the exterior camera on the New CWS site or not, but they took that down due to construction and haven't updated anything since the end of May. So actually, the picture you have been looking at has been the exact same one for over a month.

The interior cam, however, is live.

Is there a reason why the Orange lot is completely tore up? It's basically a giant mud pit with piles or gravel everywhere.

yanet-garcia-gif-3.gif

Willy... I'm looking at the interior cam dated July 7. The press box looks like a giant vacated parking garage on top of the stadium and the entrance to the loge seating looks like the buildout to a Thorton's beer cave.

A buddy of mine is a med sales rep and last week took a pic of the exterior stadium facing the blue lot from atop of Central Baptist. That area does not look anywhere close to being done.

I'm a little cranky about this but it's all I've looked forward to the last few months and just don't see how it's possible they'll get 95% there by Labor Day weekend.

Reactions: Mashburned
If Commonwealth isn't 99% done & the area around the stadium cleaned up and presentable for TV cameras on 9/5 the construction company is gonna be scratching Mitch a big ace check for failure to meet completion goals

(i hope)
(but then again Mitch didnt bother with a buyout in Stoops contract)

I'm just happy something is getting done, if it's finished the first week great, if its the 3rd week im cool,imo.

73 really sold his UK football stock prematurely imo. Even the most ardent naysayer has to be *somewhat* excited about the program's future.

I kept my tickets but I really can's say I'm *excited* . The schedule is the best its been since 2007 but that losing streak really took the wind out of my sails IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT