ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
* we just had our 96th murder of the year. kermit ruffins' neice. BIG LEAGUE.

* never ceases to amaze me how much people love wasting time while on the clock. example: yearly training/learning modules.

OH MY GOD DID YOU TAKE THAT TRAINING IT WAS SO AWFUL IT TOOK LIKE 3 HOURS!!
uhhh....no, it didnt. just click "next" the second you see it appear on the screen. took me about 5 minutes.

but, congrats, you really crushed that bank secrecy act/office of foreign asset control module for the 19th straight year!!!

* i always forget just how bad brandon phillips' contract is. $27 million over the next 2 seasons after this. good god. priorities at the trade deadline....

1> chapman
2> cueto
3> phillips
4> leake

short sighted moves just kill small market teams like the reds. go back and time and reverse just one of the bailey or votto extensions, and this organization would be in a great position to retool and reload.

* dude:

fox59-federal-authorities-raid-home-of-jared-fogle-subway-spokesman

raise your hand if you are actually surprised that jared fogle is a pedophile.

th

"Let's be honest" is turning into a hatboggan for me. I know something that will make me giggle is about to follow. Glad it's getting some run in the GYERO. IMO of course.

To be honest, that Arby's talking oven mitt can DIAF as far as I'm concerned, IMO.

Tuesday Shorts:

- I still can't believe we landed Murray. Hasn't really hit me yet.

- Hate to admit it but BBdK is the best SnapChatter in my feed. That resort looks ridic.

- I couldn't care less about the All-Star Game but have really liked the marketing campaign around the city and all the stuff on the skyscrapers. Cool.

- Dad won some of this and because he doesn't drink whiskey, it's all me. How is their rye?

wdf6726_DistillersSelect_RYE_Front_asset-197x300.png

- After a few weeks of hating Anth, I've decided I love him again.

- "Stay classy, so-and-so" is my anti-hatboggan. Makes me want to backhand someone.

- So, we currently have a Top 15 FB class and our three best recruits are Kentucky-bred whites? What gives?

- To go against the "you should always go" narrative, I present you Marquis Teague. Kid definitely could have improved his draft position (more $$$) and improved his game (longer career perhaps) with another year under Cal. It's not always cut-and-dry.

- I love me some Mario Hezonja. You see that dunk he threw down? Dude isn't your father's Euro.

- Emily Ratajkowski may be the hottest thing going right now. Kinda odd looking, but sexy as hell. Watched "Gone Girl" again over the week, those tats :okay:.

* Subway Jared is a IU alumni... just sayin....

* What the heck happened to Broadway Dennis the wolf of Wallstreet?

* Falling into the trap that is UK football again, believing we can win some games we usually don't.

* How in the hell can KFC actually believe the new colonel is good for business?

I know it's been out for awhile (but my kids like the song and band), but the Imagine Dragons Radioactive video is extremely out there...

The video revolves around a mysterious female drifter who is on a quest to save her friends from the perils of a sinister, underground puppet-fighting ring. The "Champion" of the fight, a large purple-colored beast, beats and kills innocent stuffed animals and puppets forced to fight. The woman's pink teddy bear puppet enters the ring and fights the "Champion", initially being beaten up. But after getting up from the ground, the teddy bear knocks out the main winner of the ring and disintegrates two bodyguards of the owner of the ring with laser vision. The woman then takes the key off the owner's chest and unlocks the band from the perils, and they all walk out, leaving the owner to be surrounded and attacked by the rest of the puppets that had been defeated earlier.

Alexandra Daddario tho. Chick is insane. From Percy Jackson to this video to her performance in True Detective. To be honest, she might be the most versatile actress in American media today IMO.

The fact that this thread is talking about the new KFC Colonel Sanders means people in the real world are talking about the new Colonel Sanders which means it is good for business.

There have been 3 exciting wins at Commonwealth Stadium since 2010: 2010 South Carolina, 2011 Tennessee, and 2014 South Carolina.

Consider me not shocked that the stadium renovation, as great as it is, has not moved the needle for season ticket sales.

Need a 2007-esque campaign to get any real momentum. We need wins. At home. This schedule sets up for it, no doubt. We'll see.

Reactions: anthonys735
Tuesday Shorts:

- To go against the "you should always go" narrative, I present you Marquis Teague. Kid definitely could have improved his draft position (more $$$) and improved his game (longer career perhaps) with another year under Cal. It's not always cut-and-dry.

if teague returns for his sophomore season, he's potentially the focal point/"star" of a really bad offense.

isn't it also possible -- probable, even -- that his lack of talent would have been further exposed? face it, he just wasn't all that good. being drafted in the 1st round was highway robbery.

if teague returns for his sophomore season, he's potentially the focal point/"star" of a really bad offense.

isn't it also possible -- probable, even -- that his lack of talent would have been further exposed? face it, he just wasn't all that good. being drafted in the 1st round was highway robbery.

There's always a risk, but considering where he is now, it was probably worth coming back. It's not like this was hindsight either. Calipari thought and advised Teague to come back. I just disagree with the POV that it's ALWAYS better to leave. Nope. Not always.

Marquis Teague benefited from being the brother of Jeff Teague. He was a mid 2nd Round talent with a pedigree. That pedigree gave him a million dollar contract. Now he's on his own, and he'll be a career NBDL/overseas guy, with the occasional 10 day contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT