ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUGE fan of Fowlers dirty little broad. Jean shorts from American Eagle. Gas station aviators. No bra.

Love.

rickie-fowlers-girlfriend-alexis-randock-16-273x410.jpg

Reactions: anon_aawvduncd4ay0
Is it me, or has Sansa Stark grown some serious beefers?

What a day. Two blown AC units, a dishwasher, and two dining chairs...not going anywhere near the hot tub tonight.

Well we have Bob's limping along and we haven't even looked at yours. Don't be so pessimistic.

-Weird but great episode of Mad Men last night.

-Back down to pre-march weight and about 8-10 from where I'd like to bottom out for the summer. #Dadbod

-WS got me a fitbit, I think because she got herself one, it's alright even though I've been tracking my exercise with a watch for a few years(garmin). The challenges are pretty entertaining.

-Tony's on Friday. If they're going to charge those prices in Lex they're going to have to do better. An hour to get our first round of drinks and overcooked both steaks at the table. Last time it was really good, still good this time but when people are paying 20% more than Malone's, they better crush it. That space is awesome though.

-George due to make his entrance in 2 months. Woot.

HUGE fan of Fowlers dirty little broad. Jean shorts from American Eagle. Gas station aviators. No bra.

Love.
golfers and the splittails they draw, man

college football coaches do alright tho
CEq0tynUgAAg82Y.jpg

going straight from winter to summer is strange, but putting all the fams coats away and getting to wear shorts/t shirts for the next 6 months straight is not too bad at all.

anybody ever dealt with installing a laundry chute? tired of stinky cloths sitting in baskets around our upstairs during the week before washing on weekends.

* the fitbit challenges, and really the entire platform, is so elementary and cartoonish, it's comical.

anthony735 just zoomed by you!
wodiesloot zips into the lead!
watch out, here comes pti!
and wodiesloot races back in front!
huzzah, anthony 735!
hip, hip, hooray for pti!

* great piece on 60 minutes last night with the founder of crossfit. im absolutely stunned that place hasn't been brought down by a class action lawsuit re: injuries/lack of safety. no question they get awesome results (5 days/week, 1 hour a day or hardcore strength/cardio, plus a regimented diet usually does it) -- but it's amazing how lacking they are in the safety/training department. it's like the entire cult tries to be as unsafe as possible.

* in the nba, its almost a guarantee the buzzer beater shot is going in. funny, because its the complete opposite in college -- where you can essentially guarantee a miss (if they even get off a shot at all).

* damn, bryce harper. 6 home runs in 3 games. 1 off the all-time record.....set by jew shawn green. he's only 22. doesnt even turn 23 until the end of the year. over 1 year younger than mike trout, even. crazy.

* so, the rest of the pga HATES rickie fowlers girl, right?? she looked like a ditzy sorority girl......a ditzy sorority girl from eku.

* 17 is overrated. (hash tag old school rolleyes)

* brooks brothers outlet, ftw. 2 suits = $599. what a bargain.

-Tony's on Friday. If they're going to charge those prices in Lex they're going to have to do better. An hour to get our first round of drinks and overcooked both steaks at the table. Last time it was really good, still good this time but when people are paying 20% more than Malone's, they better crush it. That space is awesome though.

Drinks could have been faster. That should really should be a priority when you sit down. Anything over 5 minutes before taking your first drink order is too long. For as many people they have going around asking you how everything was, divert some.

Surprised you didn't say anything about your steak, at least they took mine off the bill. Good flavor on the steaks, even if it was more medium well than rare. Do better Tony's.

Shrimp cocktail was massive, and excellent.

Seth's new Lamborghini Huracon is ridiculously awesome. Can't wait for a thrill ride in that.

Muchos gracias again on the hookup Anth. Much nicer watching tv last night in comfort.

drxman went to a 5-star restaurant and hated it?

good. says more about him than the restaurant. ts.

fyi: when we go to galatoires, i better not hear one gd word out of you or your lass.

if your water glass isn't filled frequently enough, they don't take your order in a timely fashion, your salad bowl isn't chilled, they burn your chicken tenders and forget to bring out the chips and salsa, you dont get a coloring book and crayons, whatever. zip it.

-Chantel is unreal

-Lass loves her FitBit I got her for Christmas, I guess I just don't feel like I would use it. #1, I hate wearing things...can't even wear a watch #2, I don't really need anything to tell me how active I am -- I already know when I'm being lazy or when I'm not. I suppose the challenges amongst friends would be fun though.

-Still can't get over that golf yesterday. That was just outstanding. Great shot after great shot, then being topped by other great shots. Pumped for Rickie

-Concert was a good time as always. Nice mix of awful songs & good ones, per usual. Yum center is a pretty sweet concert venue given it's endless amount of bars, etc. Never a wait for anything. Black Mike is just hilarious....when Cole Swindell's 'Chillin It' :)rolleyes:) came on, dude started bouncing around and singing (rapping) like it was his favorite Waka Flacka jam. So funny.

-Hyatt Louisville is a great hotel. Stayed there 4-5 times, and been upgraded to a suite each time upon arrival just for having the Hyatt Card

-Not pumped about Summer yet. Dunno, after the always-fun March Madness run, then our annual spring Vacation/Derby, everything just seems "boring" for a few weeks. Even with the Players & great weather, had zero desire to golf or do much of anything over the weekend.:(

-That 'Buttermilk' racist goat video is one of my favorite things I've seen, ever. I've watched that little dude about 75 times since Saturday...what a little pimp that guy is. LOL at the end when he just stands on the ninja goat and basically does a backflip off of him. I laughed myself to tears when I saw that...all sorts of gifs/memes floating around out there

drxman went to a 5-star restaurant and hated it?

good. says more about him than the restaurant. ts.

No where did I say I hated it. Quite the contrary, had a great time. The place is really nice.

Anth and I both said the steaks were overcooked, which they were. And yeah, when paying $50+ for a steak, it better be right.

Not a bad weekend.

Yardwork on Sat then out with a buddy for some frosties. Tell ya what, I love the heat and warm weather but I was out there for 4 hours it the humidity was intense. Took a cold shower when I was done.

Church ystdy then played some ball in the aftn. Getting a solid cardio workout in on a Sunday is crucial. Sweat out the toxins, sleep like a champ and then wake up on Monday feeling good.

Mother'sDay dinner at Mellow Mush. Cougar Bait and a Shotgun Wedding to go with the pizza.

- The NBA Playoffs are insane. Pure basketball played at the highest level. Could watch the Cavs vs Bulls play a one hundred game series.

What about Memphis? They are a physical and scrappy bunch. That crowd at " The Grindhouse" is beyond rowdy. Tough to beat at home.

Just don't get how any basketball junkies can't get into The Playoffs.

- Starting to watch UK Football videos again via the YouTube. Of course. Sounds like this offense is going to light it up.

We were just way too young & thin last year & it showed down the stretch. Relied mostly on freshmen & sophomores which is a recipe for disaster in any conference, especially the SEC. Got way too banged up and got lost emotionally.

The way we went down fighting (literally) against that other place on their home turf has me excited. I want an attitude with UK Football. Coach Brooks had it and Stoops is instilling it. We may not be the most talented but be the most physical team.

- Chantel Stoops is hot.

- Want to make a SEC roadie in the fall. Athens may be it.

Texted Anth last night.

Within the next 5 years, after everyone gets used to being 'new dads', we definitely need to get a group together for a guys PGA weekend.

The Players, Phoenix, a Major, etc -- that would be a blast, even more fun than going on a traditional guys golf (playing) trip, imo.

Would be easiest planned a year in advance, but would also make sense in a bad UKBB year when we get bounced early, and the NonSchems still actually have some funds available.

Monday Shorts:

- I love 60 Minutes. Watch it every week.

- Speaking of which...Misty Copeland. :eek: What a dime. Top 5 in my Fever rankings.

- Is that Russian spy dude the inspiration for "The Americans" or what?

- I've always liked Fowler. Seems like everyone else does, too. Regarding his girl- obviously dope, but she been taking them pills, them noassatall pills. I know this isn't a popular take, but I'll take a girl dressed like her over a made-up dressed-to-the-9s babe any day.

- I wanted to rip Boat for dropping a "beefers" but I just threw "noassatall" into my post so I should probably just be quiet.

- LEXINGTON- anyone down for hosting me and the lass on Saturday AND going out on the town? Boat? Anth?

- Lass met the folks yesterday. Went really well. Only real issue was my knucklehead father making a gay joke (her brother is gay, as is my dad's sister for that matter). I don't think it bothered her but left me SMH. Dad- you can't be making gay jokes with people you just met in 2015.

- Trey Lyles is a steal anywhere below #10.

How freaking awesome is Paul Pierce? I don't see how anyone couldn't love that guy.

A surefire HOFer, but he'll still go down as one of the more underrated 'stars' ever, imo.

Just an all time great competitor/gamer, I'd take that dude on my team as long as he's able to walk, TS. What a great fit he's been in Washington mentoring those young dudes.

-I rarely bitch about service, it's just a non-issue for me unless it's so bad it ruins the experience. It's probably happened less than 5 times in my entire life, which is basically never when you consider how much we eat out.

Cracks me up how some in here base 'service' off so many different things, all the way down to what the waiter is wearing, his facial hairstyle, among other things. #rolleyes

Most of my bad service experiences happen at bars, not restaurants...which is to be expected. Still will piss you off though when you *really* want that drink.

...but if I'm spending a few hundred $$$ for a meal, I certainly understand the expectation of competent service and a correctly cooked steak.

<--------- I've sent back a steak/meal exactly 1 time that I can think of in my entire life, Z's downtown -- which was overall the worst experience I've ever had all around. The $200 tag made it that much worse, and it basically ruined what was previously my favorite place in Louisville. Haven't been back since, probably never will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
It takes so much effort to complete a TV Series as a viewer. Especially an action drama like Game of Thrones with so many storylines. It's exhausting, even though there are only 10 episodes per season. Felt myself fast forwarding last night 4-5 times, through storylines I just don't care about. I'm probably only watching 20-25 minutes per episode now. And getting antsy.

It's a lot different with a comedy like Seinfeld, where every episode stood on it's own, so you could miss an episode without missing a beat, and each episode is only 30 minutes (22-23 with commercials).

-Pretty much bombed Mother's Day. I guess a card wasn't enough. Oh well. She should be talking to me again by Friday.

-Shrimp & Grits at Roux Saturday night was pretty strong. Didn't send anything back. In fact, by the end of the evening our waitress recommended we just go to the upstairs bar to get beers as she was winding down, which was fine. She added gratuity which easily cost her $3-$5 with me, though...

-First real night of patio drinking this summer. Enjoyed. I love all of the little new spots and neighborhoods to drink in these days, but Bardstown Road remains the best and truest "nightlife" feel in town IMO. We sat out there until 12:30 am and the action/people watching felt the same as it did around 9:30 pm. Fun.

-Vegas this Saturday.

-Need 2 more linen oxfords and a couple more pairs of shorts and I'd feel good about my summer wardrobe. Another white and maybe a navy, I'm thinking.

-Regarding Mother's Day, sometimes you just have to see through the bullshit. My wife gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants, 365 touching days a year. It's not even a question, really. I just see the transaction in my bank account, grumble a little under my breath, and move on. So, in light of this, and combined with the fact that I just wasn't playing America's game this weekend, I very deliberately avoided a gift with card. It's a tough world out there, sweetheart. Take it as an opportunity to appreciate everything else you have.

Had a great time with JoeytheB Friday night. Dude said he'd be downtown 'before 4' ready to roll for some pregame drinks around the arena somewhere.

Which means, of course, we never heard from/saw him the entire night -- apparently was still sitting at 4th St solo as we were walking into the arena at 7:30, and already at home when we left the concert and texted him to meet up for postgame. Lol, that guy...

sae, the married father, is the mvp of gyero. ts.

richie is close behind. once he procreates, he'll be right on brooksie's heels.

-

-Regarding Mother's Day, sometimes you just have to see through the bullshit. My wife gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants, 365 touching days a year. It's not even a question, really. I just see the transaction in my bank account, grumble a little under my breath, and move on. So, in light of this, and combined with the fact that I just wasn't playing America's game this weekend, I very deliberately avoided a gift with card. It's a tough world out there, sweetheart. Take it as an opportunity to appreciate everything else you have.

This is outstanding.

Chad come on down. Let us know what you'd like to do. Don't forget your trunks;)

I've found most high end steak joints will work with you if they don't meet expectations. In vegas, had a tomahawk ribeye that they overcooked. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what I wanted. Server said he'd bring me a new one, told him why not just give me another glass of wine instead. Ended up taking 2 glasses of Jordan cab off my bill...win.

Reactions: wcc31
ControversialtakekeepthisinGYERO, but IMO, Mother's Day is for MY mom, not my wife. My kids made my wife awesome hand painted cards and bought her a small present with their allowance money. Why should the husband have to honor their wife...it's not WIFE day??? I honored my mom.

Reactions: bradyjames
Chad come on down. Let us know what you'd like to do. Don't forget your trunks;)

I know Sloot's out of town, but Anth- are you in for some collides and socializing? Just figured we'd hit downtown.

Invite goes out to everyone else, too.

LOL Brooks, nice work.

Every lassie is different -- we reached the 'non gift' portion of our marriage after year 1, amazingly. Valentine's Day, Birthdays, Christmas (small gifts)...doesn't matter. 'Holiday' means we exchange cards and go out to a nice dinner together or out of town somewhere.

There will be exceptions along the way, of course, but that's pretty much the deal.

Pretty stress free, highly recommend. Buying each other nice things with each other's money is really pretty silly when you think about it, so we just spend our money on something together and enjoy the day/night.

I would think Year 1 of Mother's Day (for a new mother) would call for something special from the Husband, but pretty much agree with SAE's POV.

I flubbed Mother's Day pretty bad this year.

Ordered something online for the wife that didn't get delivered on time. No card. She was visibly not pleased. I mentioned how I received no gift for Father's Day last year and that didn't go over well either. Definitely a double standard there. But I did feel bad about her not getting anything. Going to make up for it.

Rocked an impromptu poem for my mom at dinner last night after my sister showered her with gifts. She ate it up. She loves her baby. (I did give her a gift as well, that my sister bought and I paid her back for)

To me, Mothers Day isn't even really about mothers of humans. It's evolved into more of a day to honor the female owners of pets, furbabies if you will. JMO

bwhalahfhahaa.

"ive found that most high end steakhouses will work with you."

ha. you know who else will work with you? freaking applebees, ocharleys, tgi fridays, and chilis. in fact, id bet you $1000 every one of those wackass big box chains has a standard policy that anything sent back to the kitchen automatically triggers a visit from a manager -- or even that the manager has to deliver it himself.

im not afraid to complain or send something back, either, but normally a poor service/food prep issue (particularly at an expensive restaurant), is a you problem.

Reactions: bradyjames
bwhalahfhahaa.

"ive found that most high end steakhouses will work with you."

ha. you know who else will work with you? freaking applebees, ocharleys, tgi fridays, and chilis. in fact, id bet you $1000 every one of those wackass big box chains has a standard policy that anything sent back to the kitchen automatically triggers a visit from a manager -- or even that the manager has to deliver it himself.

im not afraid to complain or send something back, either, but normally a poor service/food prep issue (particularly at an expensive restaurant), is a you problem.

- Trey Lyles is a steal anywhere below #10.

Not in love w/ his NBA upside.

Who the hell is he going to guard? He's not a NBA 3. He'll have to play 4 where he'll be undersized with limited range, suspect open floor handles, MEH athleticism and poor defensive ability (footwork sucks, doesn't block shots, etc).

I mean, I get this NBA draft sucks and he'll be a lottery pick because of that... but still. I don't love him as a prospect at all. Huge tweener, IMO.

Not in love w/ his NBA upside.

Who the hell is he going to guard? He's not a NBA 3. He'll have to play 4 where he'll be undersized with limited range, suspect open floor handles, MEH athleticism and poor defensive ability (footwork sucks, doesn't block shots, etc).

I mean, I get this NBA draft sucks and he'll be a lottery pick because of that... but still. I don't love him as a prospect at all. Huge tweener, IMO.

He did a decent job guarding 3s this year. I think he can handle NBA 4s eventually. I don't think he's undersized at all. He's 6'10" with a tremendous wingspan. I also think he has really good handles for a guy his size. Once he really works on his body, I think he's ideal size for a pro PF.

I don't think this draft sucks, either.

I think Lyles will be a decent rotation player in time, but I don't ever see him in the All Star game.

Of course, that's not a bad thing at all, as that's pretty select company. Lots of very good NBA careers out there that don't include the All Star game.

His midrange game, size, and skillset seem perfect for the 3/4 in the NBA, again, in time.

Kid is what, 18 years old? He'll learn to guard in time as his body matures...not many guys his size come into the NBA prepared to really guard people.

That said, I'd draft Booker over Lyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT