ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more. I literally despise everything about this Affliction pop country shit. Aldean, Church... whoever else. From the awful music to the flabby assed redneck women wearing bedazzled true religion jeans.

I love real country as much as anyone, grew up listening to that stuff. This is just an embarrassment

-Tony's tonight is going to sit well. Large glass of vino, big steak, good company.

-Work all week even though it wasn't planned. Oh well, make it while you can.

For those who haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch this clip from Silicon Valley. NSFW

There's a decent amount of excellent country music out there today. It's just that none of it is played on the radio.

Type in "Jason Boland" or "Whitey Morgan" in pandora, and it'll be an hour or two before you have to hit the down thumb on a song.

If that doesn't work, there's a ton of stuff you've probably never heard if you dig deep into folks like Jerry Jeff Walker, Dale Watson, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Kris Kristifferson, Guy Clark, Prine (/had to), etc.

Dallas Moore is another great one I discovered just a month ago.

Last edited:
Eric Church isn't bedazzled jeans and that bro country crap. Not at all.

There's a decent amount of excellent country music out there today. It's just that none of it is played on the radio.

Type in "Jason Boland" or "Whitey Morgan" in pandora, and it'll be an hour or two before you have to hit the down thumb on a song.

If that doesn't work, there's a ton of stuff you've probably never heard if you dig deep into folks like Jerry Jeff Walker, Dale Watson, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Kris Kristifferson, Guy Clark, Prine (/had to), etc.

Dallas Moore is another great one I discovered just a month ago.

Blackberry Smoke is a terrific southern rock/country find for me recently. I know they've been around for over a decade, but they're worth a look if you've never heard of them.

BIG TIME SOFTBALL UPDATE

Season opener: 3/4, 2 RBIs, 2 runs

Daddy's not quite mashing, more hitting for average and helping his team get an opening night win.

Your move, SAE...

BIG TIME SOFTBALL UPDATE

Season opener: 3/4, 2 RBIs, 2 runs

Daddy's not quite mashing, more hitting for average and helping his team get an opening night win.

Your move, SAE...

Always needed guys like yourself to get on base so I could clean it up. Thanks for all you do.

1/4 (stand-up double), 2 RBI's, no errors in right center. Took one to the warning track, however, with what I have to assume is an illegal bat.

Did strike out on a payoff with a foul ball which is a rule I completely forgot about... ump basically had to tell me to kick rocks as I stood there waiting for the next pitch.

Speaking of Wendy's, I had the jalapeno fresco chicken sandwich last night and washed it down with a shit-ton of bourbon. 7/10 would do again.

Satellite

My rule = if he/she is played on country radio, I don't seek him/her out. I may miss a few good songs this way, but going down the spotify/pandora wormhole veering off from Holly Williams or Whitey Morgan is a much safer bet.

If I do find an artist I like that is played on radio, it's only by going in through the back door approach.

Haven't turned on non-96.1 country radio in 10 years.

AC went on the fritz yesterday. Called the local HVAC service, the operator was very polite, seemed to express genuine concern about my situation, and now I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon.

In other related news, I also ordered a pizza from Jets last night. Person taking my order was pleasant, fully reviewed all the toppings, turbo crust, salad, and appropriate dressing with me. 45 minutes later, a delightful young woamn delivered said items to my door. Couldn't have been more courteous.

High times in Lexington these days boys.

We're absolutely swamped. From my understanding other notable companies have take the phone of the hook or are 2 weeks out. No warm weather in march or April is causing prefect storm.

Did any other pga player in history make every shot and win 100% of the tournaments they entered like Johnny? Pretty impressive record.

Watched "50 shades" last night with the lass...that was weird. Actually could see some of my friends being like that "dominant and submissive" types. Wonder if Bbdk ever got a chick to sign a contract.

Really didn't think much of Dakota Johnson. Nice body, but pretty marginal face and acting.

9 1/2 weeks thinks this movie is bullshit.

3 ep into 'Bloodline', seems dope, my kind of 'dark' show. (The Killing, The Affair, etc)

Coach Taylor in the lead role doesn't hurt either. Anyone else checked this out?

The guy playing Danny is awesome. It almost seems he is getting wasted off set he plays his role so well.

It's about to get really good.

Oh I would say the overrated poll weighed more on his mind then he originally led on. That was an incredible finish. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT