ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont feel bad for aaron at all. he was given absolutely no legitimate indication he'd be drafted, and of course he wasn't.

Exactly. Gotta think with the way the program is set up under Calipari that our players have better information regarding their draft status than any other players in the country. Kid left knowing he most likely wasn't getting drafted. That's on him.

Who'da think Shannon Spake would end up tbe biggest controversy in GYERO history.

Anyone else struggle with the sleep last night? Jesus.

Was up til draft completion, and that's basically when the fun started. As impressive of a Lighting/thunder display as I can remember in a while...it was basically daylight outside for a few hours...just a CONSTANT full-sky lightning show.

Was pretty sure a tree was falling on the house a few times -- Dogs didn't enjoy. :weary:

Now, I have BBdK threatening me via email. You Spakeheads are wacko.

No greater certainty in the world than some public official from Kentucky embarrassing the whole damned state over the gay marriage issue in the next 72 hours. If the big names won't step up, some local county clerk will fill their shoes and let us know that he isn't issuing any marriage licenses to same sex couples because it wasn't what Jesus intended when He wrote the Constitution.

-You gonna go for a nice little ride Anth?
Of Course. 2 Day(50m each day) ride in Louisville this weekend.

* i dont feel bad for aaron at all. he was given absolutely no legitimate indication he'd be drafted, and of course he wasn't. there just isn't a market, really, for average sized, average skilled, mediocre shooting swingmen in the nba. hell, even the freak athletes or long-range bombers with his size have a tough time catching on. he's in the most competitive position in the league.

* that kid who was the fashion consultant was on shark tank, and all the sharks declined to invest, mostly as an act of kindness towards him. he's going to turbo-crush it in life/business, and daymond john in particular (fubu) said he'd feel guilty buying such a big % of his business at such a young age. the kid was awesome on that show. total g.

-Hard to disagree w/that take. Also hard to fault him for deciding he was likely never moving above undrafted or 2nd round and moving on to pursue his dream. At worst he's going to get paid modestly to play basketball for a few years. At best he'll stick in the NBA. I just think if Darius can't find a spot to stick that Aaron is going to have a really tough time. That's what makes coach like Pitino such an ass. If they are going to play basketball professionally in MOST cases it doesn't make sense to come back. Wish the Twins and Johnson had returned but if they want to make money playing that window is small and closing quickly.

-That kid is going to kill it. Crushed it last night. Obviously has no idea who any of them are but he was great. I call it the trill. Vinny Vines about to get crushed by a 12 year old.

Spake is good at her job and fairly attractive. You're reaching after that.
Yep. I'd say she's even very attractive. I just don't get the obsession though.

-I'll take WCS for length in the NBA.

-I like Bilas but missing Simmons sucked.

No greater certainty in the world than some public official from Kentucky embarrassing the whole damned state over the gay marriage issue in the next 72 hours. If the big names won't step up, some local county clerk will fill their shoes and let us know that he isn't issuing any marriage licenses to same sex couples because it wasn't what Jesus intended when He wrote the Constitution.

The Judge Executive back home preemptively stopped marrying people a couple months ago at the court house exactly for that reason. So my lawyer buddy who's office is right next to the court house has become the go to ordained minister for the clerk's office because he jokingly became an "Dudeist Priest" a while back.

this-is-your-ordination.jpg

Thing everyone forgets about Nazr is how hard he works. Easy to pick him as a comparison but a completely different story to actually make that type of career happen. Not discounting Dakari at all because he really is a great kid but to have the drive to stay in shape and fill that niche for 10+ years is harder than being an athletic freak and teams keeping you around on that alone.

Didn't he just get criticized for showing up to work outs out of shape?

went looking for that forde article, and then i remembered i dont even know who that troll works for anymore.

The Judge Executive back home preemptively stopped marrying people a couple months ago at the court house exactly for that reason. So my lawyer buddy who's office is right next to the court house has become the go to ordained minister for the clerk's office because he jokingly became an "Dudeist Priest" a while back.

I'm ordained. Paid $10 for it several years back. Got my buddy ordained to perform my own marriage. He's gay, so technically I was gay married. Here's the link if anyone else wants to perform a marriage for their buddy.

Reactions: wcc31 and PTI (pti)
MEGA GONNA BREAK THE BACKBOARD IN HIS FIRST NBA PRACTICE. HUGE CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER.

CANT BELIEVE MEGA DIDNT GO LOTTERY.

MAKE EM PAY, TREZ.

What is it you don't understand you mouthbreathing, dolts? This is big boy basketball. 6'7" power forwards who are extremely limited from a skillset standpoint aren't necessarily in high demand.

Did you not see MEGA struggle against practically every team with decent size?

For a top 6-7 program of all time UL has potentially the dumbest and least self aware group of people possible making up their fanbase.

Reactions: JHB4UK
I give Cal a ton of shit about a lot of his non-traditional approaches and coaching shortcomings but one thing that has never really bothered me is him being so outspoken about his goal being to get players drafted.

If you are a grown man in the professional world and can't comprehend what that whole schtick is about, simply marketing to 15-17 year old kids, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Forde knows exactly what Cal is doing. He just doesn't care.

His hatred for and obsession with Cal far outweighs his ability to be an objective journalist. (Also, he's a click-whore.)

It's going to be a big day for my Facebook timeline. Between the Confederate Flag/Duke Boys controversy and legalizing medicinal gay marriage, my hometown redneck buddies are going to be raging.

Reactions: funKYcat75
pretty amusing on twitter last night whenever Goodman came on the reactions of
"what's wrong with this dudes face?"
"does he have the same kind of nerve damage as Good Ole Jim Ross?"

I'll not apologize for not having Married Guy goggles.

All of you and your marginal obsession can join Pat Forde in kindly getting pumped.

Reactions: Beavis606
Tell you who is NOT hot ---> this new 280lb female NBA Draft expert on ESPN. WTF is that all about?

Zoeey, that new goth rocker chick you like, etc, etc ---> the very definition of marginal, so maybe you're closer to marriage than you think. (It's sure seeming that way, btw)

Reactions: PTI (pti)
If you just google Shannon Spake it automatically adds 'Kentucky' so this begs the questions, who has taken more UK beer cans, her or Ashley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT