ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrell is Ronny Turiaf. Pitino really sh*t on him by having him come back.

Dakari to OKC. I think he can definitely fill the Kendrick Perkins role...

I'm a weirdo but I really enjoy the 2nd round of the draft.

Come on, somebody- take a chance on Aaron.

Agreed. Moves much quicker and more wtf moments, only to be enjoyed by true NBA basketballs. At this point I think a'a'Ron is better off going undrafted where he can choose where to sign.

Reactions: Mossip
I'm a weirdo but I really enjoy the 2nd round of the draft.

Come on, somebody- take a chance on Aaron.

Keep hearing this take that going undrafted and making your own way >> 2nd round. It kind of makes sense. Can some one that's more of a college nba basketball give a take on this theory?

Keep hearing this take that going undrafted and making your own way >> 2nd round. It kind of makes sense. Can some one that's more of a college nba basketball give a take on this theory?
It's not hard. You can choose your best fit.

You choose the best situation for yourself(depth chart, coach, style of play) as opposed to getting picked somewhere that would be bogged down at your position or end up with a shitty coach like the George Karl.

Really surprised Cliff went undrafted.

You know who did get drafted? An Indian(dot not feather) that averaged 4pts and 3rebs in Asia last year. Give me Alexander all/airy who had a season below expectations over these foreign goofballs that can't manage to put up numbers in a shit international league. Shew wee, common sense really goes out the window when drafting in the NBA.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Is there any bigger lock than WCS rocking some bullshit number next year like 37 or 72 or 98?

Reactions: ukalum01
What is the deal with the fashion coverage? They've got a guy on sportscenter analyzing the outfits now, and then there was the gay kid they kept talking to during the draft. Guess I'm just not as big of a NBA draft suit as others...

Is there any bigger lock than WCS rocking some bullshit number next year like 37 or 72 or 98?

I saw on Twitter that he was going to wear 00. Who knows if that's accurate. Was funny how his stock was in a free fall the past two weeks and he ends up getting picked at the highest end of any projection for him at any point.

I just don't see Aaron Harrison as an NBA player. I think Andrew and Dakari will stick though. Andrew has great size to go with a PG skill set. He'll make a decent backup so long as he's willing to accept that role and realize this isn't 8th grade and he isn't the star anymore. Same with Dakari. Kid isn't going to shrink. Nazr played for a solid six decades as a backup center. Keep your head down, keep your mouth shut, don't get hurt & don't shrink. Aaron doesn't do anything exceptionally well though.

Aaron doesn't have exceptional size for his position, he doesn't have great speed or quickness or athleticism and he's a streaky shooter with a below average handle. And "clutch" doesn't matter because no NBA team is going to entrust their 12th man with the game winning shot. Curious as to what will happen to him though. Think we'll see summer league, then D League, then maybe a 10 day contract or two for the next couple years. Does he love the game enough to go play overseas while his brother is cashing an NBA check? I genuinely question whether or not he's willing to go that route.

Draft results seem to indicate Dakari was probably the only guy that could have possibly benefited by coming back. I think the twins are who they are and their stock had plateaued. They were probably the most scrutinized players in the country the past two seasons. Dakari in a more featured role could have maybe worked his way into guaranteed money. Maybe.

Cal absolutely kills on this thing. His 'salesman' shtick gets old, but on nights like last night, it pays off. He's actually using his powers of being overbearing and annoying for good as opposed to condescending to his own fans.

Tweet of the night:

Well I guess the Harrisons are our "McArdoos" or (insert any other college players who stayed too long). Of course Cal didn't shame them into staying, but they would have been best served by declaring last year. /obvious take

I said over a year ago that they will be the same players then that they are now and will be 7 years from now. /controversial take

WCS was a surprise to me. Can't believe he'd go that high. I think he has bust written all over him. His inconsistent motor, plus an 82 game season? Not a good recipe. /raging hater take

Booker, Lyles, and Towns each have an opportunity to be future All-Stars. Love their game and the situations they fell into. /homer take

Longer career - Dakari or WCS?

Longer career - Dakari or WCS?

If Dakari stays healthy he could play forever. WCS's game is built on his athleticism. He'll be one of those guys that just falls off a cliff when his athleticism starts to go. So I'll take Dakari in an upset.

wow the ignore feature on the upgrade is so on point. not only do morons completely disappear from the thread, but you dummies who dont ignore & actually quote/interact with them is gonzo as well.

markus welby have been a funeral show this morning on Deener for MEGATREZZY2NDROUNDER. "Wow, guess the fight with WKU hurt. Guess the chest pounding hurt. Guess having captain title ripped away hurt." And guess you ball suckers should have talked about that crap during the season as being bad, Drew? Nah, toe that company line!

All time dunk leader tho!!

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
I saw on Twitter that he was going to wear 00. Who knows if that's accurate. Was funny how his stock was in a free fall the past two weeks and he ends up getting picked at the highest end of any projection for him at any point.

I just don't see Aaron Harrison as an NBA player. I think Andrew and Dakari will stick though. Andrew has great size to go with a PG skill set. He'll make a decent backup so long as he's willing to accept that role and realize this isn't 8th grade and he isn't the star anymore. Same with Dakari. Kid isn't going to shrink. Nazr played for a solid six decades as a backup center. Keep your head down, keep your mouth shut, don't get hurt & don't shrink. Aaron doesn't do anything exceptionally well though.

Aaron doesn't have exceptional size for his position, he doesn't have great speed or quickness or athleticism and he's a streaky shooter with a below average handle. And "clutch" doesn't matter because no NBA team is going to entrust their 12th man with the game winning shot. Curious as to what will happen to him though. Think we'll see summer league, then D League, then maybe a 10 day contract or two for the next couple years. Does he love the game enough to go play overseas while his brother is cashing an NBA check? I genuinely question whether or not he's willing to go that route.

Draft results seem to indicate Dakari was probably the only guy that could have possibly benefited by coming back. I think the twins are who they are and their stock had plateaued. They were probably the most scrutinized players in the country the past two seasons. Dakari in a more featured role could have maybe worked his way into guaranteed money. Maybe.

Cal absolutely kills on this thing. His 'salesman' shtick gets old, but on nights like last night, it pays off. He's actually using his powers of being overbearing and annoying for good as opposed to condescending to his own fans.

Tweet of the night:

Agree with about all of your Aaron take. Dude's best asset is his shot and range but only made 30%. In his career, he shoots 43% in the NCAA and like 29% the rest of the time.

With that said, he definitely could have improved his stock by coming back and shooting 40% from three all year. Don't know if he would have done that but it's not crazytalk. Don't know what the hell happened to him this year. Almost 2002 Bogans-esque shooting slump.

Hope Anth is happy, this weekends weather looks [sick]

High of 66 in Detroit tomorrow? WTF

- Young Nazr was much more athletic than Dakari (not saying much) but overall a solid comparison.

- 00 is fine for WCS, I guess.

- Lyles and WCS are the biggest mysteries to me when it comes to their careers.

- Drew needs to watch some Shaun Livingston tape. There's a market for his game. Just needs to know who he is.

- Always remember- ESPN doesn't give a F about us diehards. They have us. They're going after casual sports fan females with the fashion bullshit.

- Still feel bad for Aaron- one of the most clutch Cats of all-time.

Bogans is probably the best analogy for both Harrisons. Super-hyped in HS then solid with slumps in college with a stagnant stock over their careers.

I thought Andrew might be a surprise 1st rounder because of his size and the NBA's newfound love of positionless defensive switching, but he went where I realistically thought.

I think 6 is way too high for WCS. Agree on the dakari vs. wcs take.

Late night, Bilas jokingly gave his "tonight's big winner" award to Kentucky before answering seriously.

If Aaron wants a career, he should look at Bogans- threes and D.

I actually think Terry will be a decent pro, but that pick at 16 was beyond curious.

I mean, they already have 3 combo guards, all 3 of which could be considered undersized by NBA standards in Smart (although he's obviously a man), Bradley, and Thomas. Just a really weird pick to me.

-You gonna go for a nice little ride Anth?

* i dont feel bad for aaron at all. he was given absolutely no legitimate indication he'd be drafted, and of course he wasn't. there just isn't a market, really, for average sized, average skilled, mediocre shooting swingmen in the nba. hell, even the freak athletes or long-range bombers with his size have a tough time catching on. he's in the most competitive position in the league.

* hopes/prayers....

dakari = 3 things will keep a big man around for a decade --> defense, rebounding, coachability. just be a good, super hardworking guy who does the typical big man stuff and he could be one. its easy to compare him to nazr, but that's slighting nazr, who was more skilled and more athletic. think more like jason collins, who played for 8 seasons despite averaging something like 3 points and 2 rebounds/game.

aaron = his money will be made overseas. its ok to put the nba dream on hold. go to europe and make $500k/year for the next 15+ years. save/invest well, and retire back in the states with $5 million in the bank at age 40.

these are the guys have the little/no margin for error, and really need to plan their lives/careers well to take advantage of what they've been given.

* so, did every single 1st round pick visit the same tailor?? the suits were pretty fresh, but damn, the skinny suits were REALLY skinny. and oubres shoes....dude.

* that kid who was the fashion consultant was on shark tank, and all the sharks declined to invest, mostly as an act of kindness towards him. he's going to turbo-crush it in life/business, and daymond john in particular (fubu) said he'd feel guilty buying such a big % of his business at such a young age. the kid was awesome on that show. total g.

Yeah, there were like 6 red/maroon/whatever suits that were almost identical in style, and all pretty disgusting.

Booker's look ftw. (Shocker) I'd probably do him.

-Don't see how anyone could watch last night and not be crushing on Spake. She's gorgeous, sexy, smart, cool, she's great at her job, and she's basically as anti-annoying as it gets for a Female Broadcaster/Reporter. Worship.

Reactions: ctharris07
I dont dislike Cauley-Stein- and he was a great defender/athlete, but I never really thought he would go that high. I think he is ok offensively, and will end up being better on that end than he had to consistently show at UK. He showed glimpses of a mid range game.... there have been worse lottery picks no doubt,

Spake.

Rozier was a terrible pick. Happy for him and all these kids who didn't grow up with much realizing their dreams, though.

I wasn't surprised at Mega's tumble- been questioning his NBA stock all year. Classic college bully with
limited translatable skills.

Go to Hell, Chad.

-Ole Mitch already addressed the Nance tweet. [laughing] at that guy...he's probably going to actually shit himself (LITERALLY!!) when he walks into the facility for the first time. Kobe will not make it easy for him, but will ultimately do the right thing. Would be funny as hell to witness that conversation.

-Always feel a combination of sad/embarrassed/relief when these guys who are there with there ENTIRE family (Tokoter') get picked at like 58.

I mean, I try to respect women's privacy and stuff but Spake has to have some nudes out there in a cloud somewhere.

:pray:

She's now into Triathlon, and assuredly has as bangin body as middle-aged working mother could have...just another Bonus & reason Chad should dig her. All he pretty much wants in life is for CHICKS TO HIT THE PAVEMENT, CHRIST.

I think Andrew will stick in the NBA. Kid improved his perimeter shooting and defense quite a bit, so it's obvious he's willing to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT