ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading reviews, it sounds like True Detective Season 2 is gonna be pretty mediocre. First season kinda went out with a whimper so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I may not even bother watching it. Farrell looks like a f'n idiot with the mustache and wardrobe, like a bad Archer disguise.

IF dj did indeed wreck everyones wife on the pga tour, then its only because theyre all so weak and/or married to tremendous horz. im not condoning crushing your buddy's wives, but that's kind of on them as much as it is him, imo.

<-- team dj.

Reactions: buckethead1978
Reading reviews, it sounds like True Detective Season 2 is gonna be pretty mediocre. First season kinda went out with a whimper so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I may not even bother watching it. Farrell looks like a f'n idiot with the mustache and wardrobe, like a bad Archer disguise.

AVClub gave first 3 eps of that and first 4 episodes of Ballers both C-'s.

Could be a rough summer for HBO.

AVClub gave first 3 eps of that and first 4 episodes of Ballers both C-'s.

Could be a rough summer for HBO.

Yeah, Sepinwall was pretty 'meh' on TD, but crapped all over Ballers. If it wasn't for all the old shit on HBO Go, I'd just cancel HBO until GoT comes back.

DJ's story is more akin to Tiger's with off the course shenanigans. Not really just being a dick to be a dick, a la Bubba.

These announcers are TOUCHING awful. Almost unwatchable.

That's a broad stroke.

Don't necesaarily disagree. Quote below I would think constitutes involvement. Also read he escaped trouble by testifying.

"When he was 16, according to a Golf.com report from 2011, Johnson was coerced by a friend’s older brother into buying bullets for a gun that had been stolen in a robbery. That man later used it in a murder and while Johnson was pardoned, the incident still left an imprint."

Bob and Tom were discussing how the patrons of the US open "were not to be hasseled" about bringing their weed in. Maybe Tiger was high?

US Open/Fox Randoms:

-
The Course: Really enjoyed overall. The place & views are just majestic. Lots of different ways to play, and it's fun watching the players attack and strategize their way around. Didn't feel like it was gimmicky or unfair in the least. The afternoon people are obviously at a disadvantage, but that will flip today.

-Actual Coverage: I'll give it a 6-10 on the first day.

They started off miserably. Hell, for the first few hours they didn't even have access to the leaderboard on TV. Nice.

Then, what's up with no graphic on the active player? Was that intentional? No name flash, their score, what they are putting for, etc, etc. That sucks.

...the shot track is cool on certain shots, but the whole thing has a bit of a 'video game' feel, which is typical for Fox. Just not a fan, for golf.

Did like the 'wide angle' shots of the golfers playing shots from across the fairway. That's a pretty cool & new perspective watching the full scene like that...very similar to what you see when you're on the course in person.

-Broadcasting: 3-10. I thought Buck did a decent job of 'holding back', but it just doesn't feel right. He has an established voice for sports, and it's NOT for golf. Very much miss the soothing sounds of Hicks, Nance, etc.

The rest of the crew, though, is my main beef. Faxon looks like an alien, and Flesh, Pavin, Iinkster, etc.....man, what a boring team. The WORST though are the feature/interview people.

Curt Menefee & Charles Davis? [eyeroll] Really? Two huge Black NFL/Boxing guys handling the bulk of the desk/interview work? Awful. That Charles Davis interview w/ Rickie was so awkward it was hard to watch...you could even see it in Fowler's eyes.

That O'Donahue twerp? [sick]

It really boils down to the experience factor. With CBS/NBC, from the Lead on down to the on-course/Essays, you have a team of people who've been doing it for Decades, most of which had real careers on Tour or in Teaching. More than anything, Fox missed the boat on their casting for the team.

In the End though, for both the Course & Coverage, the overall sentiment will be heavily determined by the play/drama on the weekend. Few courses were slammed as much as Valhalla it's first few times around, yet it produced some of the most memorable Majors/Ryder Cups we've seen in this era.

Looking forward to Day 2, to see the flip of the groups and how they handle. Definite advantage to the leaders, as they have a round under their belts and can attack the rougher conditions with that knowledge.

Also expect Fox to show some major improvement on Day 2.

-DJ didn't murder anyone, thanks.

-After Rory, guess who was as popular of a pick/favorite as anyone? Fowler. Guess who smoked him? Tiger. He's fine. o_O

* i miss nw50. for a pretty infrequent poster, he could absolutely bring the heat when putting the smack down on someone.

* re: tiger

it amazes me how many people think the simple solution is to go crawling back to butch harmon. he shot EIGHTY yesterday. how many strokes is butch worth? 10 a round? throw in a couple co-pays to bob rotella, and that's another 5 right there. hell, he'd be tied for the lead!!!

* so, after this charleston south carolina mass murder, i certainly hope eveyone used the correct social/political/racial context in describing their anger towards the situation. if not, please let me know, i'll and thusly put you on blast via social media. tia.

* walked into starbucks today, and there were old people sitting in my big comfy leather chairs. grrrr. this begs the question --> why would you sit anywhere other than the big comfy leather chairs?? prime real estate in any coffee shop, far as im concerned.

* issue that irks/bugs me: when working parent with stay-at-home spouse misses work for stuff involving their children. if youre constantly having to run your kids all over town during work hours, then what on earth is your non-working spouse doing all day??

Those big leather chairs are for women and old people. No chance I'm sitting there slouched in public like a schmo.

Two top against the window, legs crossed, FTW.

^ rack'em. I find those chairs uncomfortable unless I'm looking to take a nap, which I never am in that situation.

-I know, "just wait til you have kids" --Still, as a non-college kidball, it's very easy to spot the working parents who abuse the "I have to go, my kid..." excuse, and they are plentiful.

When your golf group plays shitty, it's hard not to play shitty.
So FIFA's self-funded 28 million dollar movie made $918 at the box office before getting pulled.

[laughing]:bomb:[laughing]

This is actually amazing. I saw one theater had $9 in ticket sales, or 1 ticket. For the weekend.

Tim Roth, a good actor for the most part, refuses to even talk about it at this point. Simply said he did it for the money to get out of a jam.

big developing story for gyero: wcc has now entered our world, the one where hes in a committed relationship and has countless stories of how much he hates and is annoyed by women. HUGE step for us.

- Against the window in good lighting, ie. not too bright.

- Enjoyed the rare BBdK longform post. Excellent post. Good job.

- Jason Bateman has quietly become one of my favorite actors. Like him in everything.

- Those Greek yogurts with the granola or crushed almonds to mix in are outstanding.

big developing story for gyero: wcc has now entered our world, the one where hes in a committed relationship and has countless stories of how much he hates and is annoyed by women. HUGE step for us.

The "busy" thing I bitched about isn't just a female thing. I know some guys who pull the same shit.

Been to DJ's house in Myrtle Beach with a college buddy who plays on the Web.com tour. Definitely blow around, although I never saw DJ.

Only way this story could be better was if you had done a huge rail of Dustin's finest blow off of Paulina Gretzy's ass while DJ watched in the corner rubbing one out.

So lets say I have a gun (I do) or even a box of bullets for said gun. If someone tells me they want to borrow my gun to target practice or take my gun without asking and they kill someone with it, I am a murderer ?? Whew, good thing some on here are not a judge, we would all be touched.

Probably need to lock my car keys in a safe with my gun at night. If someone gets my keys and gun, they run someone over while robbing a store, I could get charged with vehicular homicide and murder.

Did something for the first time on a golf course yesterday... I walked off. On the 8th hole of a 9 hole "work league" which i was playing in for the 1st time, I had enough of my playing partner and picked up my ball, took my clubs off the back of the cart and walked back to the clubhouse.

This guy was an absolute loser. about $2k in his bag, All- Nike Golf coordinated outfit and he was the worst golfer i had ever played with. This includes junior golf. I'm fully aware that im barely better than a bogey golfer, but understanding etiquette and playing quickly are two fairly easy concepts to grasp.

Hit a ball 40 yards right into the trees? Yeah bud just go take a glance at the tree line to make sure its really out of play.

Better plumb bob this 6 footer for double, bud. You need to see the break on this one. Nevermind we're playing a shit public course where the greens look like theyve been mowed with a weedeater.

Waggle that clubhead for minimum 40 seconds. You *have* to go though your routine in these situations.

It was as frustrated as ive been in a long time. I can only imagine if he had been put with someone that plays really well. I think I said something like "Looks like its gonna rain so im leaving" and just took off. Didnt even go in to work today because I dont wont to look at him.

Seem to recall 73 walking off the course at the Eli a few years ago for the same reason.

I have an Eli walk off on my resume back in my early 20s. Broke Club, placed inside bush, walk off. My turnaround with regards to my attitude on the course the past few years is nothing short of a miracle....really enjoy the game these days as a result. Highly recommend.

'73 called his wife to come get him FROM LOUISVILLE (and she did), rather than ride back with the rest of us. It was quite a spectacle. Memommie offered him a cold towel from her cooler coming off the 9th green, but it didn't seem to help.

You have an Eli walk off in the mid/late 2000s as well. Pulled your bag off the cart on our 10th hole (#1), didn't say a word, walked straight to your car and left.

[laughing]

Reactions: SAECATFAN
You have an Eli walk off in the late 2000s as well. Pulled your bag off the cart on our 10th hole (#1), didn't say a word, walked straight to your car and left.

[laughing]

That's the one I'm talking about. Broke my club on my 2nd shot from the right rough on 10 (#1) placed it inside a pine, pulled my bag, and Audi5K.

That was early-to-mid 2000s

I look forward to the 4 majors big time. That being said, what a huge disappointment. From the course to the announcers, what a shit show.
The greens need a windmill and clown nose. Oh and if that's not gimmicky enough, every 5 minutes a touching train is going to be rolling through. Might as well have a monster truck show in the parking lot.
The greens are full of Poa, which is beyond unacceptable. Even the greens keeper at BBDK's cattle ranch thinks its bad. Local courses here spend a lot of money to keep Poa away, how does the site of a major get away with it?
And stop showing a focking threesome that couldn't break 80, nobody cares. The announcers were so terrible I won't even address it.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
- Wodie... If it's Whiskey Chic, Farm to Table and Small Plates oriented count me in.

- The casualization of society has gotten way out of hand. People wearing cargo shorts and polos at church. Grown men wearing the same at weddings. Seriously, it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with some things in life are just a tad more formal and require you to class it up some and look good. It's not that difficult to throw on a coat and tie.

Church and weddings are not trips to Kentucky Kingdom, Cooter.

Got asked this question last month.. What's the attire to the wedding? Should I dress up?

WTF does this even mean? You are attending someone's celebration of marriage not going to a backyard cookout. Black people in general dress better than whites for these occasions.

- Can't sleep well at all. May need to look into some form of medication.

- Per Deener and Crew this morning UL will be much better next season bc the overall chemistry is going to so much better. K. You lost your 4 best players from a mediocre team. Borderline top 25 all year.

- Really hoping Towles makes somewhat of a leap this fall. Not totally sold. Need to give him the benefit of the doubt the last 1/2 of last year bc he didn't have much time, the play calling sucked and was way too East to West and teams caught on and our best playmakers were frosh. Not to mention how banged up and physically/emotionally beaten up the team was.

Think our receivers should be really good this year and Dawson believes more in utilizing the middle of the field.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT