ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, not sure about that. Although I suppose a legit cocktail bar wouldn't do it if it were junk.

Just seems like a drink that needs to be CRAFTED fresh by an officially licensed mixologist, imo.

There's a certain art to a perfect Old Fashioned, TS. I wouldn't order one at Tin Roof, for example, even if they had all the best/correct ingredients.

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure about that. Although I suppose a legit cocktail bar wouldn't do it if it were junk.

Just seems like a drink that needs to be CRAFTED fresh by an officially licensed mixologist, imo.

Oh, this place is LEGIT. The bartenders take a good 5-8 minutes on every order. [eyeroll]

Btw, the names of these new OTR places you drop weekly on here go against everything you stand for.

Sundry & Vice? Cute. [laughing]

You selling out brah?

Not really. We're not dealing with verb/adjective bars here. I don't know what Sundry & Vice means exactly, but OTR bars are all hipstery.

Rhinehaus
Neons
Japps
Taft Ale House
Lacheys
MOTR
Liberty Bar & Bottle

It's awful. She tried to pull this the other day- "I am soooo busy this summer!!!"

Committing future weekends to drinking and other tomfoolery isn't being busy. It's sillyass shit but it's not "busy." 73 is busy. Booker is busy. Willy is busy. WE just have plans we can easily break to get drunk at various birthday parties, engagement parties and meet-ups for the next five Saturdays. If you're feeling overwhelmed, cool, just tell your friends we can't make it. They'll survive without us, but spare me the busy shit.

Once the purchase is made, summer will officially become lake season for this guy. This will trump all other activities.

I identify as BOAT.

Reactions: Mashburned
So FIFA's self-funded 28 million dollar movie made $918 at the box office before getting pulled.

[laughing]:bomb:[laughing]

If D.J. wins at Chambers Bay in June, anyone who buys a new TaylorMade driver between May 18 and June 17 at a PGA Tour Superstore will be refunded for the driver’s full price. So, that new R15 ($430) or AeroBurner ($300) could end up being free.

He's currently leading at -4.

- Jack's makes a mean old fashioned. Second best in town behind the birthplace of the cockatil.. P Club. New variations of the old fashioned are fine but what makes the cocktail so good is the simplicity of it. You also absolutely have to have the perfect mix of simple syrup and bitters.

- What I'm concerned with the Commonwealth revocations is that the infrastructure looks to be all in place but are all the bells and whistles going to be completely furnished? It's getting to be late June. It'll be August before you know it and them bam, here's the opener.

- Kind of meh with music right now. Been listening to all of these old school hip stations via TuneIn radio but need something else. Nothing wrong with some Mystikal screaming in your speaker as you make the morning commute, tho.

Can't handle new country. Listened to every Sturgill jam non stop over the last few months. Kind of burnt out.

- Love how when Cal is ranting he has to back up his point with how he talked to an independent 3rd party in the most exaggerated fashion possible and they totally agree with what he's saying..

" JUST TALKED WITH JERRY COLANGELO, OK. HE LIKE RUNS USA BASKETBALL. JERRY SAYS, CAL, YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS BUT THIS BRISCOE KID IS REAL. LIKE.. WHAT?! NO WAY HES ONLY 18. TALK ABOUT A PHYSICAL GUARD, NOW."

- Thinking some outdoor run this evening at the dirty Brownsboro.

- Brats and corn on the grill tonight washed down with some Rocky Mountain sodas.

Think Johnson had some lavish coke and hooker type benders but then he knocked up that one girl so he's better now. He's just complex and you have to peel back the onion a bit to understand him.

Reactions: Geese Feeder
Doing a few drugs and waxing hoes in your younger years makes you a POS?

DJ is dope, and has his act together these days per pretty much everyone. Has Wayne's full approval.

...speaking of that, played with a few Cops last week that said his DJ's wedding is here in a few weeks, in Bloomfield Kentucky at Jerry Bruckheimer's farm. Thought that was kinda random for a huge celebrity wedding, not very easy to get to.

Apparently a huge hockey guy & close pal of Wayne...has a barn that's converted into a legit hockey rink or some shit.

Imagine that will be a fun one.

...speaking of that, played with a few Cops last week that said his JDJ's wedding is here in a few weeks, in Bloomfield Kentucky at Jerry Bruckheimer's farm. Thought that was kinda random for a huge celebrity wedding, not very easy to get to.

...better break that to Festivus. In a previous thread expounding on all things golf, he had many details from their wedding, referred to them as married, etc.

- [roll]Love when BBdK pulls the ol' "per EVERYONE" when making a post. One of my favorite GYERO quirks. Dude should run spin for a politician.

- Summer music-> classics like DMB, country, newer fun pop/hip-hop and then typical seasonal fare such as reggae, Jack Johnson, The Cars, etc.

Umm, if this is the leaderboard all weekend, put it at Chambers Bay every year please.

/Guy who spent 10 hours 2 weeks ago watching a David Lingmerth win a gd golf tourney.

Cities with major pro sports teams going on 20+ year championship droughts.

San Diego 52 years
Cleveland 51 years
Buffalo 50 years
Milwaukee 44 years
Kansas City 30 years
Cincinnati 25 years
Minneapolis 24 years
Washington 23 years
Houston 20 years
Atlanta 20 years

Reactions: SAECATFAN
The best part of that schedule is that it safely puts us out of the window of having a 90 degree temperature at kickoff. That is absolutely miserable. Earliest we could have an afternoon game is September 26. It might be 80 then, but it won't be 90+.

Reactions: wcc31
Back in the old school GYERO days where vulgarity filled insults and ish talking ran rampant Wodie was the master at takes along the lines of..

" I'm on like 5 super secret email chains right now with every single noteworthy poster along with 3 fluid text chains and pretty much PER EVERYONE you suck ass, your takes are awful and you need re-evaluate your life. Trust me, doggy."

- ^ lol. So true, Rich.

- This course looks awesome on screen.

- For Golf Ignoramus- what's the difference between the USGA and PGA?

USGA- governing body for the entire game of golf in the US (amateurs and professionals). The R&A (at St. Andrews) governs the game for the rest of the world, and puts on the British Open.

PGA- governs all golf professionals (touring and club).

Basically, the USGA sets out the rules of the game and like Chumps said, its championship is open to anyone in America, professional or amateur. The PGA's championship is just for PGA members, which are the guys on tour, and the club pros at most courses. Every year, about 25 regular club pros qualify for the PGA Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT