ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy's commentary was probably what sent me over the edge. If youve ever seen the episode of The Office where they play basketball against the guys in the warehouse and Michael Scott kept saying he was just having a bad day- it was very similar.

"Man, what is wrong with me today- usually i play a draw."

"Ugh, I knew I shouldve hit a bucket before we got to the tee box"

There's no way that putt shouldnt move to the right"

"I was playing well, and then got a lesson- now i'm all messed up"

and on the 7th green he said something like "You realize you played first but I was away- just want you to know for next time because some guys will call you on that"

All I was thinking about when i pulled away from the course was that I shouldve slashed his tires.

Congratulations to you guys for quitting and walking off the middle of your game. Way to handle the pressure.

If you don't have a broken club, double-digit score, walk-off, or some other extravagant temper tantrum on your resume at the Eli, then you just haven't played often enough.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
:100points: Chase

Well, then who's weddings are you attending when you're making these observations?

Much like your restaurant/server observations (Handlebar mustache guy spitting on you when you order a Rocky Mountain soda, etc) I've never once in my life seen someone in cargo (or any kind) short and a polo at a wedding or church. (I went once back in the day)

"I NEVER play like this...can't figure this out" guy is both the funniest and most infuriating "guy" ever or nah?

Went to a wedding a few weeks ago. 90% of the crowd was dressed appropriately.

I'll notice a few fellas here and there wearing polos at church. Whatever. Don't get it but nowadays ITS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE COMFORTABLE IN.

Where do you go to church? Been thinking about shopping around lately.

Here's my opinion on that ---------> Not all churches/congregations are created equal for sure, but In General, If you think slacks & a polo is out of place at church, or that you have to don a suit or coat to go worship *appropriately*, then YOU are the problem bud.

God would most certainly agree.

Rack BBdK on the :pray: take. (I will now jump off a bridge).

Wonder what God thinks if Richie shows up with a missed belt loop? Or mis-matched socks? 9 people were gunned down inside a church during a Bible study two days ago and we have a poster lamenting society's downfall over some dude's preference of cargo shorts at a place of worship.

Good grief.

Last edited:
Reactions: wcc31 and B.B.d.K.
This is why I've lost interest in attending church. Not because God doesn't play a role in my life, but because I can't stand dealing with the stuffy pricks that think they're better than you.

I hope they have boats in hell.

Dear Wildcat Friends,
Do I want to move back to Lexington for a more-money, but probably -not-as-fun job?
TIA for making this decision for me.

Depends on how much more money, how not-as-fun, and the long term career implications of each decision.

Get the true meaning of church and that is interpretable for each person.

That was a bad example, suppose, but my point is people in general look like slobs these days.

Chad Ford:

Tier 1

Karl-Anthony Towns, F/C, Kentucky
You have to be more than good to get here. You have to be elite.

This year was one of the toughest yet. Five players were nominated for Tier 1 by various teams. However, only one player was consistently mentioned by all of them: Towns. While some teams don't see major separation between him and the players in Tier 2, others feel there's a gap and he's the only one in the draft who has the potential to be a franchise, top 10 player in the league guy.

Tier 2
Emmanuel Mudiay, PG, Congo

Jahlil Okafor, C, Duke

Kristaps Porzingis, F/C, Latvia

D'Angelo Russell, G, Ohio State

Tier 2 is reserved for players with All-Star potential. However, each player on the list has a weakness that some teams feel will keep them from being a superstar. For Mudiay it's shooting. For Okafor and Russell, it's athleticism and defense. For Porzingis, it's a thin body and questionable position. Nevertheless, all four have strengths that should propel them to an All-Star game at some point in their careers.

Tier 3
Willie Cauley-Stein, F/C, Kentucky

Mario Hezonja, G/F, Croatia

Justise Winslow, G/F, Duke

This tier usually is reserved for players who are projected as NBA starters in their careers. All three of these players should be gone in the Top 10. Hezonja, especially, has some star appeal, as well. Having eight players in the first three tiers makes for a very strong draft, but not quite as strong as the 2014 draft that had 12 players in the first three tiers.

Tier 4
Devin Booker, SG, Kentucky

Sam Dekker, F, Wisconsin

Jerian Grant, G, Notre Dame

Stanley Johnson, G/F, Arizona

Frank Kaminsky, F/C, Wisconsin

Kevon Looney, F, UCLA

Trey Lyles, PF, Kentucky

Kelly Oubre, G/F, Kansas

Cameron Payne, PG, Murray State

Bobby Portis, PF, Arkanas

Myles Turner, F/C, Texas

Tier 6

Dakari Johnson, C, Kentucky

A significant jump in money, because I make pretty much nothing now.

In terms of less fun, it's part of what I'm doing now (basically making media guides and publications for college sports teams) which I like doing, but:
I wouldn't be on a campus, so I wouldn't actually deal with the students or get to travel with teams (which can be hit or miss in terms of fun, but I've had pretty good luck).

I would be sitting at a desk most of the time, instead of having multiple sporting events to work at from August-May (which is bad because the events are something different and break up the monotony of a work day... but good because events also mean I work most weekends during the school year, a lot of nights, and frequently in really shitty conditions).

If were going to pick a part of the job I do now to do forever, this would be it. But I'm not sure I want to give up the "fun" stuff yet. (Most of which would be way less fun if I were married/had kids, but I'm not/don't).

'08, if you move to Lex, would we actually get to see you? Because we haven't seen you in at least 5 years, it seems.

Reactions: drxman1
I'll tell you what's no fun = not making any money, sucks, imo.
This is very true. But dreading going to work every day seems like it would suck too. Also, during most of the year, I don't really have time to spend money, so it generally doesn't bother me that much.

'08, if you move to Lex, would we actually get to see you? Because we haven't seen you in at least 5 years, it seems.
Absolutely! I think the last time I saw most of you was at the last fundraiser at Head First? I blame Willy for the significant gap.

I'm just a stupid millennial, but I'd rather work somewhere I liked than somewhere I didn't like. It's a balancing act, obviously, as to what amount of money is worth enduring a job you don't like, but spending almost half of your waking life being miserable would require a lot of money IMO.

Looks like MEGA may go late in the 1st. Could've gone lotto last year.

HOF CRP L1C4LIFE did a masterful job really developing him after he came back. Wise decision, TREZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT