ADVERTISEMENT

Green a "done deal"?

That article seems to switch back and forth and all over the place, then comes in for a landing with Kentucky Not sure I put much into anything they say as it seems like they're covering themselves with everyone involved Am I just reading it wrong?

I can't see Green as being anywhere close to a "done deal."

I obviously hope I'm wrong and that the author of that article is correct.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I can't see Green as being anywhere close to a "done deal."

I obviously hope I'm wrong and that the author of that article is correct.
I would be highly surprised if Green ends up at UK. Coach Cal is taking Boston, Christopher, Clarke, and Fletcher as his wing players in this class, assuming that Clarke goes ahead and reclassifies.

Looking at the rest of his final 5 and their dubious methods, I would be really shocked if we got him. As much as Clarke has felt like a pending commit, this one is the opposite.

The only way Green is a done deal, assuming we haven't all been faked out and Clarke ends up elsewhere, is if Cal is selling him on playing point guard, or sharing those kind of duties with Clarke. In which case, there wouldn't seem to be any space for Josh Christopher (who is currently the most point-guardish of any of those 3). And projecting Quickley to return (possible, but never certain) only crowds things even more.

There really doesn't seem to be a point guard in this class that Cal likes, so maybe that's the direction it's going, but it would be a pretty dramatic change for Cal. I guess SGA was along those lines, and ended up a huge success story, but SGA was always thought of as a point in a way that none of Clarke, Green, or Christopher are.

But these are really fun problems to contemplate, and unless things go shockingly south, it seems like at least the perimeter portion of this class is going to be pretty epic.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
No BUT we sure as hell are the favorites. Clarke and Christopher seem to be done deals and it is just up to Green to decide what he wants . does he want to win a title and play with his boys Todd , Christopher and Boston or does he want to go be a big fish in small pond . I think it would be folly to think because we are adding Clarke we WON'T add Green . This year's group of kids seem different. Also I think with Green our biggest competition isn't another school but overseas but I might be reading the tea leaves wrong on that.

Anyone who thinks UK could even come close to getting Clarke, Christopher and Green in the same class are delusional on steroids.

I'm just hoping Clarke picks that UK hat in two weeks. Get him locked up and we're fine. We would be loaded at the guard/wing with Quickley, Allen, Fletcher, Clarke, and Boston. Adding Christopher to that group would be exponentially more than any of us could have reasonably projected a month ago.

Of course, if Cal knows IQ is gone after this season regardless, and Green is wanting to play the lead guard role, then maybe...

This account had Kentucky getting Vernon Carey, James Wiseman, Jaden McDaniels (who signed an LOI and sent it in according to them), Kerry Blackshear.

Nothing is a done deal with Jalen Green.

Except for Carey.. those guys were practically ours until the 11th hour. Wiseman and Memphis.. McDaniels and being scared to leave home last minute.. Kerry Blackshear being linked to Kentucky immediately..

Almost everyone thought these guys were going to Kentucky. So I don't see those as huge misses, especially if he made these "picks" early on.

Reactions: jrpross
Except for Carey.. those guys were practically ours until the 11th hour. Wiseman and Memphis.. McDaniels and being scared to leave home last minute.. Kerry Blackshear being linked to Kentucky immediately..

Almost everyone thought these guys were going to Kentucky. So I don't see those as huge misses, especially if he made these "picks" early on.

Looking back, I can't really blame Jaden. He's not a surefire lottery pick. He'd be competing with EJ, Nate, Kahlil, Dontaie, Johnny, and Keion for minutes at the 3/4. Get lost in that shuffle (which was likely given his cuckish on-the-court demeanor) and all of a sudden he's playing 12 to 15 minutes/game behind Montgomery and Brooks at the 4 and seeing almost not time at the 3 with Whitney and Juzang likely doing what they have to in order to lock up rotation spots.

He was the kid I wanted most because I love his versatility, but he's a overly introverted type and I could see him struggling with Calipari's demeanor had he came here.

I'm just hoping Clarke picks that UK hat in two weeks. Get him locked up and we're fine. We would be loaded at the guard/wing with Quickley, Allen, Fletcher, Clarke, and Boston. Adding Christopher to that group would be exponentially more than any of us could have reasonably projected a month ago.

Of course, if Cal knows IQ is gone after this season regardless, and Green is wanting to play the lead guard role, then maybe...

Agree that IQ is a big question mark. I would feel confident in a lot of backcourt combinations if Clarke commits.

But, I think a positive for UK is it sounds like Green, Christopher, and Clarke all love the spotlight and if they all were to come on board you would have to think they would be the biggest thing in college basketball and maybe sports world. They would be must watch television and with Kentucky all your games are on national television (the same can't be said for Arizona St, Memphis, Oregon, Auburn). They would have media coverage similar to what Duke experienced this year and Kentucky in 2010, 2015. Maybe that's what Cal is telling them - come promote your brand, play with your friends, and win at a high level. Hard to pass up if Cal has a plan in place to incorporate all of them together.

I do think Green is the one that would want to be "the guy" though and is more likely to go somewhere else.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Anyone who thinks UK could even come close to getting Clarke, Christopher and Green in the same class are delusional on steroids.

The UK staff is evidently delusional on steroids then, because they're recruiting these three to all play together.

Reactions: MWes11
No BUT we sure as hell are the favorites. Clarke and Christopher seem to be done deals and it is just up to Green to decide what he wants . does he want to win a title and play with his boys Todd , Christopher and Boston or does he want to go be a big fish in small pond . I think it would be folly to think because we are adding Clarke we WON'T add Green . This year's group of kids seem different. Also I think with Green our biggest competition isn't another school but overseas but I might be reading the tea leaves wrong on that.
lol, are they as done deals as you said Wiseman was ?

I truly think if Green does not end up overseas, i think he will end up overseas. JMO.

This account had Kentucky getting Vernon Carey, James Wiseman, Jaden McDaniels (who signed an LOI and sent it in according to them), Kerry Blackshear.

Really? UK is going to be crazy good with all those guys on our roster this year. I had thought they all went to other teams.

Really? UK is going to be crazy good with all those guys on our roster this year. I had thought they all went to other teams.

Not sure if person is a UK fan or what, but they tend to be very active with UK news and it's smart, the UK fans rush to anything and give you popularity. They also never break/report news, they just take things that are written on premium boards or talked about by others and claim as breaking news.

They wrote 1 thing in their update on UK's class that is 100% false.

Not sure if person is a UK fan or what, but they tend to be very active with UK news and it's smart, the UK fans rush to anything and give you popularity. They also never break/report news, they just take things that are written on premium boards or talked about by others and claim as breaking news.

They wrote 1 thing in their update on UK's class that is 100% false.
That's not a bad business model. One of the largest media personalities in the state started off sharing premium content and updates from his daily texts with Jai Lucas.

Reactions: floatingyou
"When asked about where the Wildcats will look next, the national analyst stood firm on his Jalen Green-to-Memphis prediction and added that he didn’t expect Cade Cunningham to end up in Lexington. To take it a step further, Evans said a Clarke reclassification could push prized target Josh Christopher elsewhere."

From just now ha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT