ADVERTISEMENT

Got to wait a little longer on big Z

I don't understand it I guess. I remember when ortho shared some info he got regarding cal. It turned out to be incorrect by the end of the season. Very well could have been correct when it was told to him. Or maybe by the time his source got the info it had changed kinda like the whisper game in grade school. Anytime someone shares something I always take it with a grain of salt. Anything can happen. If it turns out to be incorrect, oh well. I have no sources so it's better than my uneducated guessing. The people that just get their rocks off by making fun of people who share stuff must be a lot cooler than me. Too much of a temptation to keep scrolling and not be a jerk.
Most times I just ignore the negative posts towards another poster. I have no issues with post against Cal / Admin and such. They get paid the bucks and can take it (if they read it). You would hope that UK fans would just say thank you to a fellow poster that is for sure a UK fan. I get crushing someone (other fan starting crap acting like a UK fan). But man I have followed DK for a long time and appreciate any info and like you, I am able to know it could be true at the time and then something else happens and it never comes to fruition.

I was unaware that I was jumping the gun so I assume I don't have the full story. I received two messages the first one said Z is suiting up and then a follow-up message a few minutes later it said don't say anything yet. That's why I took it down. My exuberance was more than my confidence level so I should have waited so I am sorry to have screwed things up
You don’t have to explain Dave. I for one always appreciate your posts, and you know when there is smoke there is almost certainly fire.

lol. Classic Dave thread. Am glad he at least can keep practicing. That’s good for our whole team but especially Bradshaw who will rarely see someone at his height for the rest of the season/post season.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
My sense is Dave is right. Why throw something like that out there just to take it back so quickly? I also think that Dave is sincere about the info he puts out.

If Dave is right, then the only explanation that makes sense to me it that Cal wants to stagger bringing them back which means Z is free now which means Cal is being dishonest again.

I understand why he would want Ugo to have his day and then turn the focus to Z. But I'm still not sure I like what's actually going on not being revealed in real time or close to it.

I'll admit I got Cunningham wrong but to this day I don't feel it was unjustified what I said. I will reveal my source was the father of a player on the same team at Montverde. I will forever stand on my stance that Cunningham verballed to Calipari immediately at the end of Madness and had set up with coach Boyle for a decision day which would have been the Tuesday after Madness. I know this is true to the bottom of my heart. However when the kid's father demanded Cal meet him in Florida which took away Cal's time at a speaking event I knew there was going to be an issue and it turned out that blood was thicker than water. The reason I didn't soften my stance in social media platforms at that point in time was because I knew Cal was still trying to persuade the family that Kentucky was and should be his choice.

Cal gave up the pursuit before I knew that he had done so. Instead he settled for Devin Askew, but I stuck with the idea that Cade could persuade his family that UK was his choice and he was going to go there. Well you know it didn't happen
From following it at the time, I think what you were told was true. Lot of smoke that the kid told Cal he was coming and then his family stepped in. It was correct at the time imo.

I have no clue why so many here have no concept of just passing along what your hearing at that time. Things change sometimes. Not a hard concept.

Okay, I'll agree Dave is a good poster. But uh, he's been wrong on stuff for years now. Hopefully he got good info.
This. No hate. Dave's a good guy that means well.

But he's been wrong on a lot of situations in the past. That's not me beating him up, that's calling a spade a spade. That's ok. He's not bad or dumb or evil. His info just isn't always accurate.

So, let's not act like you can take it to the bank when he says something.

My sense is Dave is right. Why throw something like that out there just to take it back so quickly? I also think that Dave is sincere about the info he puts out.

If Dave is right, then the only explanation that makes sense to me it that Cal wants to stagger bringing them back which means Z is free now which means Cal is being dishonest again.

I understand why he would want Ugo to have his day and then turn the focus to Z. But I'm still not sure I like what's actually going on not being revealed in real time or close to it.
Cal wanting to stagger them just doesn't make sense to me. He can stagger them if he chooses to, regardless of eligibility. For all the talk about "Cal only plays his favorites," surely the board can agree Cal isn't going to give Z and Ugo a ton of minutes just because he can.

More likely, Dave's gotten some wrong info here.

Reactions: ncaaky
Cal wanting to stagger them just doesn't make sense to me. He can stagger them if he chooses to, regardless of eligibility. For all the talk about "Cal only plays his favorites," surely the board can agree Cal isn't going to give Z and Ugo a ton of minutes just because he can.

More likely, Dave's gotten some wrong info here.
David Sisk just posted positive news on Z..

This. No hate. Dave's a good guy that means well.

But he's been wrong on a lot of situations in the past. That's not me beating him up, that's calling a spade a spade. That's ok. He's not bad or dumb or evil. His info just isn't always accurate.

So, let's not act like you can take it to the bank when he says something.
That's with anybody reporting what they hear...it's hearsay; nothing you can take to the bank. ALL internet reporting has to be taken w/ a grain of salt. The only ones who deserve our derision are those who are intentionally deceptive or overly arrogant in their predictions/scuttlebutt, and dave's neither of these.

This is in regard to posting in general (not just if someone's heard something) and they way some people jump on a post negatively. I know that a lot of posters on here may be hesitant to post anything because some on here are waiting to pounce. I am hesitant at times to post something, but I have been fortunate in that the replies I get are good or bad, and informative. I like that because I love to keep learning all I can. There are a lot posters on here that I really respect and when they reply to a post I've made, I get excited because I can learn something...again either a good OR bad reply. So......thanks!!💙💙💙

GO BIG BLUE!!!!💙💙💙

This is in regard to posting in general (not just if someone's heard something) and they way some people jump on a post negatively. I know that a lot of posters on here may be hesitant to post anything because some on here are waiting to pounce. I am hesitant at times to post something, but I have been fortunate in that the replies I get are good or bad, and informative. I like that because I love to keep learning all I can. There are a lot posters on here that I really respect and when they reply to a post I've made, I get excited because I can learn something...again either a good OR bad reply. So......thanks!!💙💙💙

GO BIG BLUE!!!!💙💙💙
Great post, Susan! Keep em coming!! We all know you are a great fan/poster :)

i said half jokingly in another thread that he may have to sit 9 games (1/3rd of the season) if it was impermissable benefits
i think we have played 9 games

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
That's with anybody reporting what they hear...it's hearsay; nothing you can take to the bank. ALL internet reporting has to be taken w/ a grain of salt. The only ones who deserve our derision are those who are intentionally deceptive or overly arrogant in their predictions/scuttlebutt, and dave's neither of these.
I'm not saying anything mean or negative towards Dave. I've just seen a lot of his threads be wrong.

I do think "insiders" exist. I don't think Dave is one these days. That's ok. He can share what he hears, and it cna lead to some good discussion.

But I hardly read this thread and think "take it to the bank."

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dave Kersey and Wayne Dalton in my view are the two most credible members of this board. I have found their analysis and evaluations of teams, individual players and coaches to be spot on. To expect them to be 100% accurate in their projections of what a teenage kid or a self serving egomaniac parent or handler or God forbid the NCAA is going to do is a pipe dream. In many instances they can only report on the latest and dynamic "G2" passed to them from generally(not always) reliable sources. This board is fortunate to have both of these contributers.

Dave Kersey and Wayne Dalton in my view are the two most credible members of this board. I have found their analysis and evaluations of teams, individual players and coaches to be spot on. To expect them to be 100% accurate in their projections of what a teenage kid or a self serving egomaniac parent or handler or God forbid the NCAA is going to do is a pipe dream. In many instances they can only report on the latest and dynamic "G2" passed to them from generally(not always) reliable sources. This board is fortunate to have both of these contributers.
It's really not about "100%" accurate.

I've seen numerous Dave threads over the last 4 or 5 years with a big proclamation or prediction that don't come to fruition.

I'm not here to bash the guy.

But some people still act like "Well if Dave said it, it's gospel." And that's clealry not the case.

I don't know what to think so the only thing you can do is just wait and see
Thanks Dave. Seems like too much smoke, for something to not be going on. Maybe the NCAA cleared him from an amateurism perspective, but still some outstanding issue with grades, or that funky half semester enrollment.

We definitely don't want him playing, and then have a bunch of games taken away 5 years from now.

Reactions: dl51344
People have sources close to information related to UK basketball, certain recruits, college basketball in general.

Those people get information.

Those people share it on a message board like this one.

Things change over time. Information that is true today could be false tomorrow. We ARE dealing with teenagers most of the time, and shady handlers, people wanting money, negotiating NIL, and so on.

But God forbid info changes, because the person who shared the original tidbit of info is about to get blasted. Happens every time. It's just dumb. It also shows a complete lack of understanding and ignorance, frankly, that this IS how stuff works in the real world when it comes to access to information that might change over time.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!💙💙💙
Good post. I have an older account I kind of let go, but I didn't post much. Hesitated making a new account..."you're a troll, no you're a troll". didn't take long for someone to imply I might be a troll. I did make a couple, maybe slightly abrasive comments...but far from trolling...just an opinion. Seriously don't get people who waste time with those accounts anyway...guess they got nothing better to do. But I'm excited about this team, and it's looking like Dave was right about Big Z.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: susan2361
People have sources close to information related to UK basketball, certain recruits, college basketball in general.

Those people get information.

Those people share it on a message board like this one.

Things change over time. Information that is true today could be false tomorrow. We ARE dealing with teenagers most of the time, and shady handlers, people wanting money, negotiating NIL, and so on.

But God forbid info changes, because the person who shared the original tidbit of info is about to get blasted. Happens every time. It's just dumb. It also shows a complete lack of understanding and ignorance, frankly, that this IS how stuff works in the real world when it comes to access to information that might change over time.

It's written in stone if you post it. You're telling me a teenager may change their mind over a life decision? Sounds like nonsense if you ask me. Or the NCAA might be inconsistent and none of their rulings follow the same logical reasoning? This can't be right. If you post it then it's fact for life.....nothing ever changes!!!!

Side note: this post is called sarcasm. People and teenagers change their minds all the time. Its the double edge sword of posting what a source says. Sometimes you're the hero sometimes your not. Either way I'm just grateful for posters like Dave and ortho who post what they here. Doesn't always pan out and I don't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't nor am I gonna crush them for being wrong. It happens.

It's written in stone if you post it. You're telling me a teenager may change their mind over a life decision? Sounds like nonsense if you ask me. Or the NCAA might be inconsistent and none of their rulings follow the same logical reasoning? This can't be right. If you post it then it's fact for life.....nothing ever changes!!!!

Side note: this post is called sarcasm. People and teenagers change their minds all the time. Its the double edge sword of posting what a source says. Sometimes you're the hero sometimes your not. Either way I'm just grateful for posters like Dave and ortho who post what they here. Doesn't always pan out and I don't lose any sleep over it if it doesn't nor am I gonna crush them for being wrong. It happens.
I agree ... I suppose none of its true, until it is.

Okay, I'll agree Dave is a good poster. But uh, he's been wrong on stuff for years now. Hopefully he got good info.
Yep. Fine guy it seems but has posted terrible and completely wrong “inside” info for years now. It’s crazy that people still believe things he says. He’s up there with Smooth as butter, complete entertainment.

Yep. Fine guy it seems but has posted terrible and completely wrong “inside” info for years now. It’s crazy that people still believe things he says. He’s up there with Smooth as butter, complete entertainment.
There are posters who’ve been around a lot longer then me who say he use to post solid info, so I’ll defer to them on it. But in my time here, I can’t recall any accurate info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT