PG- Nembhard 6-0 180 SR started last year 12.7 ppg 4.0 rpg 7.1 apg
SG- Hickman 6-2 190 SR 2 year starter 14.1 ppg 2.8 apg
SF- Micheal Ajayi 6-7 228 SR xfer from Pepperdine 17.1 ppg 9.9 rpg
PF- Ben Gregg 6-10 230 SR started 19 games last year 9.2 ppg 5.8 rpg
C- Graham Ike 6-9 250 SR started last year 16.3 ppg 7.3 rpg

G- Khalif Battle 6-5 185 SSR 14.8 ppg last year with Arkansas
G- Dusty Stromer 6-6 200 SO started 15 games last year 4.8 ppg
F- Braden Huff 6-10 250 SO 9.3 ppg 3.4 rpg
got 3 or 4 other kids that return as role players but low stats.

We play em in the battle for Seattle...

Sweet 16 last year 27-8 lost ONE player. Return
Coach- Mark Few
PG- Nembhard 6-0 180 SR started last year 12.7 ppg 4.0 rpg 7.1 apg
SG- Hickman 6-2 190 SR 2 year starter 14.1 ppg 2.8 apg
SF- Micheal Ajayi 6-7 228 SR xfer from Pepperdine 17.1 ppg 9.9 rpg
PF- Ben Gregg 6-10 230 SR started 19 games last year 9.2 ppg 5.8 rpg
C- Graham Ike 6-9 250 SR started last year 16.3 ppg 7.3 rpg

G- Khalif Battle 6-5 185 SSR 14.8 ppg last year with Arkansas
G- Dusty Stromer 6-6 200 SO started 15 games last year 4.8 ppg
F- Braden Huff 6-10 250 SO 9.3 ppg 3.4 rpg
got 3 or 4 other kids that return as role players but low stats.

We play em in the battle for Seattle...
Pope is 1-9 against Gonzaga, so he is due. GO CATS !!

• Sad
Reactions: Fox2monk
Defense could squash the stats though.

How good will gonzaga be on defense compared to UK?

Oakland 3 point shooter had an off game in the tourney, it just was not against us and our defense was not there, which allowed him to make many 3's.

I think this is the season that kinda set the tone for Zaga. They lost some huge NBA talent but got some good replacements. They aren’t the juggernaut they were a few years ago but they aren’t still not to be overlooked.

If they have a solid year I think Few is able to keep it going. If they tank it could be the beginning of the end prominence wise.

Reactions: RunninRichie
FWIW, Fanatics has them as the favorite to win their conference and the #6 favorite to win it all. KenPom them starting out ranked 9th

Aren’t they still in their basically high school conference this year? Or do they officially start in the PAC-? Now?

They will be good. I just don’t see them being as dominant as they once were.
Pretty sure they are still West Coast Conference this year. I have no idea how good they will be. I am just passing along what the odds makers are saying. Vegas seems to be pretty high on them but I have no idea.

Pretty sure they are still West Coast Conference this year. I have no idea how good they will be. I am just passing along what the odds makers are saying. Vegas seems to be pretty high on them but I have no idea.
Yeah sorry not sorry but that conference is a joke. Of course they’re picked to win it. The only threat to them is St Marys and that’s not a consistent threat.

I think they will be good but the act of “well they win their conference every year” gets old. Some major national high schools could win that conference every year too.

It will be interesting once they move. And it will be doubly more so when Few hangs it up.

Last edited:
What really caught my eye was they were the only team in college with 5 players ranked in the top 150 players. Return over 77% scoring. Return 4 out of 5 starters. Had 2 really good transfers come in.

What really caught my eye was they were the only team in college with 5 players ranked in the top 150 players. Return over 77% scoring. Return 4 out of 5 starters. Had 2 really good transfers come in.
They could be really good. Just have to wait and see.

Aren’t they still in their basically high school conference this year? Or do they officially start in the PAC-? Now?

They will be good. I just don’t see them being as dominant as they once were.
The PAC is weak AF now, it’s basically the Mountain West which is an upgrade but still not a major conference. Still will have more competition overall.

Reactions: bbncal02
Nobody has the conference SEC has this year. We will beat the hell out of each other with teams from ACC, BIG 10 or WCC cake walk thier way to February.
Cats will probably lose 8 games because of road games. Gotta take care of home court this season and steal a few on the road or teams like Zags, Devils, and Huskies will win 30 games and take 1 seeds.

Reactions: RunninRichie
The PAC is weak AF now, it’s basically the Mountain West which is an upgrade but still not a major conference. Still will have more competition overall.
Yeah, it's weakened a great deal, but there will still be some better D1A competition:
  • Washington State University
  • Oregon State University
  • Boise State University
  • Colorado State University
  • Fresno State University
  • San Diego State University
  • Utah State University
Shoot, OSU and SDSU have had very good teams in the past. Fresno State has been decent before; and Colorado St has had a couple of good teams at times. Will definitely be a step up in competition for them, although if they stay as good as they have been they should do ok.

Nobody has the conference SEC has this year. We will beat the hell out of each other with teams from ACC, BIG 10 or WCC cake walk thier way to February.
Cats will probably lose 8 games because of road games. Gotta take care of home court this season and steal a few on the road or teams like Zags, Devils, and Huskies will win 30 games and take 1 seeds.

Doubt Zags get a 1, but they should be a 2. The winner of the SEC will be a 1-seed more than likely. UConn may get a 1 (or should). Other 2 are up for grabs for sure. Duke may be good, may not. They were supposed to be good last year and they were about like us for most of the year. They will be a team to watch, just like us as well.

Yeah, it's weakened a great deal, but there will still be some better D1A competition:
  • Washington State University
  • Oregon State University
  • Boise State University
  • Colorado State University
  • Fresno State University
  • San Diego State University
  • Utah State University
Shoot, OSU and SDSU have had very good teams in the past. Fresno State has been decent before; and Colorado St has had a couple of good teams at times. Will definitely be a step up in competition for them, although if they stay as good as they have been they should do ok.
No doubt game to game they will get harder games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT