ADVERTISEMENT

Top potential portal transfers (running list)

Pretty sure the assist number was a mistake from Borzello, as ESPN had him at a (still respectable) 4.4 APG instead of 7.6, which would be crazy with his scoring numbers.
That aside, I hope we reach out to him.
Not nearly as down on Wheeler as many seem to be, and still think he should be our starting PG unless a clear upgrade emerges in the portal.
Well, this kid might be it.
Not sure how he is as a playmaker/beating his man off the dribble, but the shooting/scoring at the PG position is certainly there.
7.6 apg was the year before, with 19.0ppg

I mean this would be a nice upgrade at PG, Cal may have to take Wheeler’s heart.
The more I read about him the more I want him to be a Cat.
I said we should stick with Wheeler unless an obvious upgrade became available.
Well, I don't know who else might end up entering the portal, but this one might he hard to beat.
Would give us the shooter at PG everyone wants, and we need a go to scorer to replace the likely departing Sharpe.
Hope the staff at least makes a real play for him.

The more I read about him the more I want him to be a Cat.
I said we should stick with Wheeler unless an obvious upgrade became available.
Well, I don't know who else might end up entering the portal, but this one might he hard to beat.
Would give us the shooter at PG everyone wants, and we need a go to scorer to replace the likely departing Sharpe.
Hope the staff at least makes a real play for him.
If Cal got rid of Wheeler or told him he was the backup I would honestly start to think the old Cal was back.

All these lists I am seeing have Shannon as basically the top wing transfer, at this point I guess Cal gets who he can, but it seems we should be going for Shannon over Reeves.
I’m speculating Reeves is much more willing to accept a bench role like Mintz. Shannon has a very high opinion of himself from what I’ve seen.

Geez, it was freaking rumors, not a tweet by Bacot himself. It it bothers you so much look it up on this board, this is board is where I read it. I have doubts too, and consider it unlikely. But is it possible, sure.
Lol

Long list for us to not be part of. Every final four team has made contact.
It’s frustrating because the same Exact thing that has happened the last couple of years is lining up to happen again. He has had non scoring threat PG’s for 3-4 years now and has gotten burned many times because of this but it looks he is going right back to it

How are we not going after Davis!!
I don’t know what cal is doing anymore Davis is somebody Kentucky should undoubtedly reach out to, I’m tired of having PG’s who can’t fricking shoot and having the crap come back to but Kentucky in March

It sounds like unless it’s Dillingham reclass Cal is good with Wheeler and Wallace.
The update dillingham got released today sounded like he wasn’t reclassifying but with high schoolers they change there mind so you never know but seeing good player like Davis and pack and having Kentucky saying Nawh I’m good is frustrating

So frustrating.Wheeler only returns if he's the starter so Wallace will be stuck at the 2.Playing 4 on 5 again.
It really ticks me off.I don't dislike Wheeler and he has good points and would be fine in a lineup of good shooters and a stretch 4.But we know that's not Cal's style so he stick Wheeler with a team that makes his faults worse.It makes zero sense.

I don’t know what cal is doing anymore Davis is somebody Kentucky should undoubtedly reach out to, I’m tired of having PG’s who can’t fricking shoot and having the crap come back to but Kentucky in March
To be fair, Wheeler is better when the complimentary guards are better. If we can fill that position with some shooters, I really like Wheeler as our starting PG.

To be fair, Wheeler is better when the complimentary guards are better. If we can fill that position with some shooters, I really like Wheeler as our starting PG.
I look at wheller like this to many things have to go right for him to work, a guard like dillingham or Davis Kentucky can have sorm aspects made up because of them

Hopefully this staff is keeping everything quite and will spring a surprise on us.

I look at wheller like this to many things have to go right for him to work, a guard like dillingham or Davis Kentucky can have sorm aspects made up because of them
No doubt there are more versatile guards out there, but Wheeler averaged 10 & 7. If he can gain a jump shot that defenders have to at least respect, I’m more than happy with him.

No doubt there are more versatile guards out there, but Wheeler averaged 10 & 7. If he can gain a jump shot that defenders have to at least respect, I’m more than happy with him.
Wheller is good back up fringe starter he isn’t developing a Jump shot he is what he is at this point, good teams will clog the paint and the same thing that happened against St. Peter’s will happen again especially against good team, thats why Davis or pack would have been good, I’m now praying dillingham comes and reclassifies

You think Cal telling these guys they will be Livingston backup? I don’t even factor in Sharpe.
I’m sure he tells them nothings promised, everybody’s super bowl, yada yada yada. But I’m sure these kids say “oh look a projected first rounder at my position…” and look elsewhere if they want 30-35 minutes a game. The key for us is obviously for Chris to play to that expectation and ranking, not being the Alex Poythress clone some people see when watching him(not me but he also isn’t some slam dunk prospect either).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT