ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Memphis

Memphis completely undisciplined on offense. Just try to take your man and if the defense collapses on you try to shoot it over three guys anyway.

UNC a lot more structured on offense, and they are without RJ Davis and I know it's preseason, but I don't see the justification for the preseason #9 ranking. Is there a place online that I can place a bet that UNC won't finish in the top 2 of the (relatively weak) ACC?

• Haha
Reactions: Louis_Skunt
Memphis completely undisciplined on offense. Just try to take your man and if the defense collapses on you try to shoot it over three guys anyway.

UNC a lot more structured on offense, and they are without RJ Davis and I know it's preseason, but I don't see the justification for the preseason #9 ranking. Is there a place online that I can place a bet that UNC won't finish in the top 2 of the (relatively weak) ACC?
Could be a judgment season for UNC as well. Davis makes the FF, then misses the tournament after being ranked preseason #1, then S16 last year. UNC is kinda like us. You make E8's or the rest doesn't matter much.

Davis needs a good run this year to keep his seat from getting turned on or the rumblings will start a bit.

Looks like its 43-42 Heels. Not sure what that says if anything.

After what I’ve seen from these two… I feel even better about our Wildcats. It’s an early exhibition game and RJ Davis isn’t playing but I’m not impressed with Carolina.

Reactions: G-PIP
After what I’ve seen from these two… I feel even better about our Wildcats. It’s an early exhibition game and RJ Davis isn’t playing but I’m not impressed with Carolina.
I’ve got a little better appreciation for UNC after watching this exhibition game. Cadeau is an excellent passer. Tyson can definitely play. And Trimble is a good solid Guard. The Bigs – Withers & Washington - look pretty pedestrian right now (and their stats from last season don’t jump out at you). But Davis, Cadeau and Trimble look like they will be a good, though small, backcourt on offense. If UNC still had Bacot I think Cadeau, Davis, Trimble and Tyson could provide a pretty good offensive core, but they don’t appear to have anyone close to Bacot’s physicality now – maybe not even what Ingram gave them. Maybe one of the freshmen can give UNC enough defense and rebounding to let Tyson slide over to PF.

Still, I would bet UNC finishes no better than 3rd in the ACC, and maybe a place or two below that – which is pretty damning thing for me to think given the alleged weakness of that league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT