ADVERTISEMENT

Top potential portal transfers (running list)

He's played 3 seasons without one so what makes you think he changes now?
Slight biased fan optimism, but he played under Tom Cream, who we will never give any credit for anything to. And he actually started to make some in spurts towards the end of the season. It’s not out of the realm of possibility.

No doubt there are more versatile guards out there, but Wheeler averaged 10 & 7. If he can gain a jump shot that defenders have to at least respect, I’m more than happy with him.
There are definitely things Wheeler does well, and a few actually on a special level. But 3pt. shooting, of course, isn't one of them. But I understand your point. I think if Wheeler doesn't look for his perimeter shot, and only takes that shot when he's basically standing there all alone, then it works pretty good. It seemed to me he was kind of doing that at the end of the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: LHolland21
If you have watched WVU play the last couple of years, please tell me that Sean McNeil could not be a major contributor to UK.

Antoine Davis from Detroit may enter the portal he has a Marshall Henderson type of green light, but he can score the ball, probably a player cal would never ever look at

Slight biased fan optimism, but he played under Tom Cream, who we will never give any credit for anything to. And he actually started to make some in spurts towards the end of the season. It’s not out of the realm of possibility.
2 of those 11 makes were banked in (luck). His firm sucks, he looks like a middle school girl not strong enough to shoot it that far pushing them to the rim. I think because of his height he feels he has to rush his shot causing that bad form. The result, flat shots; he could shoot them with a 12’ ceiling. The result of that is a low %. Make him shoot over a 12’ net/screen all summer, forcing him to use some arc (and wrists).

Reactions: bookerfan66
All these lists I am seeing have Shannon as basically the top wing transfer, at this point I guess Cal gets who he can, but it seems we should be going for Shannon over Reeves.
Shannon is in no hurry and is basically waiting for the best NIL deal.

Yeah, nobody any good ever went to a mid major. Signed Ja Morant, Steph Curry, Paul George, Damian Lillard, Fred VanFleet, Christian Wood,
Earl Monroe, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Hal Greer, Bob Cousey. Lots of great players went to small schools.

Detroit’s Antoine Davis could be one to watch. Personally would find it hilarious if Brad going there helped us out years down the road!!

Detroit’s Antoine Davis could be one to watch. Personally would find it hilarious if Brad going there helped us out years down the road!!
Interesting connection. And he was/is on my original list. Definitely knows how to get the ball in the hoop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT