ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga is always overrated. Enough with giving them one seeds

They haven’t beat anyone tough since 2000. They have never beaten a one seed. They haven’t beaten a two seed since 2000. They have a losing record to three seeds and have only beat a three seed one time.
Wow you really dislike the Zags.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
They haven’t beat anyone tough since 2000. They have never beaten a one seed. They haven’t beaten a two seed since 2000. They have a losing record to three seeds and have only beat a three seed one time.

2000? They’re likely gonna wind up being the only team to beat duke with Zion on the floor this season

They weren’t overrated. They just lost to a great team in a great game.
Can be a great game and they can still be overrated. Totally agree with OP, tired of these garbage conference teams doing something one time and then consistently being oven high seeds just to shit themselves.

as long as they’re in crap conference they don’t deserve a 1 seed unless they beat the elite in the non conference

Why is it their fault they’re better than their conference? Barkley said before the game what are they supposed to recruit for them? Give them a few of their players to make it fair. They’re in the right conference for them they’re like the size of a large high school

Reactions: Bertway0
Few needs to start interrupting his conference schedule with power 5 teams in February. I think they get a false sense of how good they are. As did I, in my bracket. They are still a very good team.

Reactions: KYExtemper
You live on cupcakes for 3 months and it will cost you. Other teams have been in battles all year long and seen a lot of different situations that they had to overcome while the Zags are just beating up on Pepperdine by 30 and teams like them every week. Like the other day, Herro hit the big shot late. We didn't against SH and Bama, but we had been there before. Down late needing a big shot and it paid off. When you get down to the last teams they are battle tested and the Zags just never will be.

Reactions: KYExtemper
2000? They’re likely gonna wind up being the only team to beat duke with Zion on the floor this season

Lol. Will they make popcorn boxes and hang a banner?

A game in December vs the NCAA Tournament is night and day.

The Zags are who we thought they were. I was actually hoping they had gotten over the hump because, I thought with all of the talking heads love for them, they had the best chance with the refs to beat Duke.

You live on cupcakes for 3 months and it will cost you. Other teams have been in battles all year long and seen a lot of different situations that they had to overcome while the Zags are just beating up on Pepperdine by 30 and teams like them every week. Like the other day, Herro hit the big shot late. We didn't against SH and Bama, but we had been there before. Down late needing a big shot and it paid off. When you get down to the last teams they are battle tested and the Zags just never will be.

Didn’t Perkins pull up on the break to drill a three and cut it to two? You think that was a lucky fluke?

Or maybe he got that unfortunate technical because his conference is weak.

It’s a game of inches, guys. Only one team comes out happy at the end of this thing.

Reactions: UKcats1988
The Zags are who we thought they were. I was actually hoping they had gotten over the hump because, I thought with all of the talking heads love for them, they had the best chance with the refs to beat Duke.

They probably did.

But Texas Tech does as well. So does MSU.

So does.....if we make it there.......UK

They probably did.

But Texas Tech does as well. So does MSU.

So does.....if we make it there.......UK
UK vs Duke with the refs is tougher. I am talking about media darlings and their influence on College basketball and the refs.

Didn’t Perkins pull up on the break to drill a three and cut it to two? You think that was a lucky fluke?

Or maybe he got that unfortunate technical because his conference is weak.

It’s a game of inches, guys. Only one team comes out happy at the end of this thing.
The point is they have played 2 Top 30 teams in 3 and a half months and they lost the 2nd one. Of course, they have good players, but if you can never get it done or even get to the FF on a regular basis as a 1 seed is that really deserving the next year if the same scenario happens? They beat 1 good team all year before the tourney in Dook and lost to TN and UNC in their other 2 big nonconference matchups.

They have 1 FF and zero titles and have been looked at as good for a while now.

Dear poster, they made titale game and lost to UNC. They had the game won. Refs missed UNC player wayyyy out of bounds.

The point is they have played 2 Top 30 teams in 3 and a half months and they lost the 2nd one. Of course, they have good players, but if you can never get it done or even get to the FF on a regular basis as a 1 seed is that really deserving the next year if the same scenario happens? They beat 1 good team all year before the tourney in Dook and lost to TN and UNC in their other 2 big nonconference matchups.
They have had a 1 seed 3 times in their history. The last time they were a 1 seed prior to this year, they played in the title game. Not sure what you mean by not getting to the FF on a regular basis as a 1 seed.

Got to agree with the op on this. The Zags can pick off a power five school in the non conference, especially a team that has several one and dones, but then comes conference play and all they eat are cupcakes and show up to the tourney fat and out of shape. Because they are a one seed they don't play anyone until the second weekend. And don't get me started on the hookup the Zags get from the committee by playing out West.

They get over seeded because west coast basketball is awful. When you are over seeded you get to play against easier opponents which means you have easier chance of advancing. Plus they almost always get placed in the West Region.

They have had a 1 seed 3 times in their history. The last time they were a 1 seed prior to this year, they played in the title game. Not sure what you mean by not getting to the FF on a regular basis as a 1 seed.
They have 10 SS since 1999. It's not like they are the little mid-major team anymore. They are being put with the top teams for the past 5 years. I just don't think you have their schedule and lose to a St Marys not winning your own weak conference and get a 1 seed. They have 1 good win all year before the tourney and that was Dook. Their other 2 big matchups were TN and UNC who both beat them. They were given a 1 seed for 1 big win. Their other Quad 1 wins were Creighton, SF 74th, St. Marys, and Washington.

Why is it their fault they’re better than their conference? Barkley said before the game what are they supposed to recruit for them? Give them a few of their players to make it fair. They’re in the right conference for them they’re like the size of a large high school
Ths issue isn't that they're better than their conference, the issue is that they're given too much credit for it.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Gonzaga was a 2 seed. Tennessee should have been the one seed out west and Kentucky should have been the two seed in Louisville. that would a balanced the Region's better

Possibly.

Tho all these teams at the top.........there's really not much separating the worst 1 seed from the best 2 seed.

If they say the Zags are 4th overall and I think they are 5 6 or 7........it's like.......ya know.

The bigger issue is if u are gonna rate everyone based on resume (which is exactly what they do) then u have to rate them the same way.

But then they aren't even a 2 IMO.

They have 10 SS since 1999. It's not like they are the little mid-major team anymore. They are being put with the top teams for the past 5 years. I just don't think you have their schedule and lose to a St Marys not winning your own weak conference and get a 1 seed. They have 1 good win all year before the tourney and that was Dook. Their other 2 big matchups were TN and UNC who both beat them. They were given a 1 seed for 1 bug win. Their other Quad 1 wins were Creighton, SF 74th, St. Marys, and Washington.
That has nothing to do with what I asked. You stated that them never getting it done as a 1 seed should impact their future tournaments, when in fact the last time they were a 1 seed they played for it all. They have been a 1 or 2 seed 3 times now in the past 5 years and have made 2 Elite Eights and a Title Game. IMO, that means they actually do deserve consideration for a 1 seed.

They only beat 2 good teams all year long.

It seems like every year I point out how they climb the polls in a cupcake conf while the rest of the top teams in the power conf's have to fight each other. When a great team loses, to another great team, they drop in the rankings. If Zag's can just get in the top 10'ish by conf play, they are almost assured to climb the rankings because of nothing they do themselves.

This year, after b2b losses to UT and UNC, all they had to do was beat cupcakes for 12 weeks while the rest of the top 10'ish beat up on each other.

That has nothing to do with what I asked. You stated that them never getting it done as a 1 seed should impact their future tournaments, when in fact the last time they were a 1 seed they played for it all. They have been a 1 or 2 seed 3 times now in the past 5 years and have made 2 Elite Eights and a Title Game. IMO, that means they actually do deserve consideration for a 1 seed.

Well done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT