ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Had a lower back injury not long ago and dr said no more running, weights, etc. Saw a photo of Tiger a week or so ago looking like he was doing deadlifts or something related with at least 135lbs. Hope his Dr ok'd and not Tiger once again doing his own thing because he can't help himself.

My personal take is the pain will come back. He is already swinging very hard again in that video. It's not even been 6 months yet. The golf swing is deadly on one's back. I hope he overcomes and is able to compete at a high level again but he used to have the strongest mind on the course and that part of his game has been gone for a long time. These kids on tour are fearless and hit the ball a mile. He has no advantage on these guys anymore.

Reactions: treuxbleux
He'll just wait until 2019 then say it was "a gift" and pretend like he made a wager somewhere online...just like he does every time UK loses (which isn't very often these days, so it's typically crickets)

#clueless

Tiger looks like a 90 year old man trying to swing, and people get excited over a twirl. Hilarious. He is one chunked wedge away from grabbing his back again. Fork/Done.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
If I am looking at this right, Tiger is ranked 1155 in the World. Top 10 finish will be a miracle.
Not a bad ranking for a player who could not get out of bed half the time the last 3-4 years. Would suck to be the guy ranked behind him who has been living in their car and playing every mini tour event they can play in for most of their careers.

Swing looks good. Like that baby cut. Still do not think his back will hold up from all the practice swings he will take to get back into tour shape. This is really his last chance. That back goes out again and he is officially done. If it starts acting up again he just needs to retire and enjoy recreational golf with his buddies and the millions in his bank acct.

Shared this in GYERO earlier.

Yesterday was awesome. AWESOME!
The guy that puts together our monthly golf tournaments created a side game. We hosted 13 Brits and played the usual game with the side game being a Ryder Cup. These dudes were so much fun. The guys we played with, which I assume is similar to all their styles, is to punch irons down the fairway and pretty much bump and run ever shot they can. Of course, that style fits perfectly over there where they said their courses are short and tight (ignore that comment, Dr. Boat). It didn't work well for the course we played but regardless, truly one of the best days I've had on a course even playing like shit.

They are brutal to each other. They were shaming the everloving shit out of each other in the clubhouse but their pride for their country is unmatched. Like I can pick on my little brother if you try to, I'm ending you.

We enjoyed some collides after and Team USA beat them handily. These guys are going to play 6 rounds ranging from King and Bear, Sawgrass Stadium and a few other places before heading back overseas this week. They invited us to over to England next year, which would be incredibly fun if it were to happen.

They all thought UNC should have got the death penalty too.

Since this is GOLFRO, what I left out is lining up for two eagles yesterday and damn near jarred one on a 75 yd approach. I was the tale of two golfers, though. The two Par 5's I reached in two were no question my best holes yesterday. Got one 240 out in the rough and stoned my 5 wood (has now become my goto club on short par 4's) to about 12 feet. Blew the putt past the hole but made the bird coming back.

Last par 5, after pulling my last 3 drives hard left, hit it pure and high to ride the tailwind. 183 out and put a 7 iron but was a 30 footer. The fellas I played with thought I left it short and misread it but it ended up missing by 6 inches.

I love/hate golf. I definitely don't put enough practice in on chipping.

Tiger is done. That video strategically cut off as he started gingerly bending down to pick that tee up. Hope not, but hard to believe anything else.

ADVERTISEMENT