ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

John Feinstein is like Jekyll and Hyde. How can someone so biased and horrendous at basketball be so damned good when writing and talking golf.

I was listening to his show on XM today and reminded how good he is at golf. But damn his love for Duke and Ratface make it hard to like him.

Reactions: cawoodsct
John Feinstein is like Jekyll and Hyde. How can someone so biased and horrendous at basketball be so damned good when writing and talking golf.

I was listening to his show on XM today and reminded how good he is at golf. But damn his love for Duke and Ratface make it hard to like him.
Just ordered his new book
51jvJzh6CGL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
BBdK, have you tried the cross hands putter grip that Jordan Spieth uses? I made the switch after the Eli, and though it's still a work in progress, but my long putt (over 8 ft) percentage has gone up significantly since making the switch. Much more consistency with my lines.

Jordan-Spieth-Make-Better-Reads.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-12-08-at-11.48.37-AM.png

I've already made a donation to JJ Watts fundraiser but I will donate another $25 to a different fundraiser for each birdie or better i make on labor day when i play.

Cross hand is the way to go. Easier to train you left side to pull through the putt rather than push with the right, which is more prone to opening or closing the putter face.

Padrig did an interview years ago saying he switched as soon as he turned pro and never went back. I tried it after I saw that interview and well, I'm 7% outside of 10 feet vs the 6.99% I was.

Reactions: wildcat1973
I'm in John. I figure we should raise around $500 for Houston. $100 from your birdies, $100 from my pars and $300 from each time Mark makes worse than bogey.
Good deal, lets raise some $. Tough course man, id be happy with a couple birds to be honest but obviously hoping for more.

Couple things.

1. @cawoodsct, @cole854 and I didn't manage to help the people of Houston very much. Big Blue was brutal today; US Open style rough, no roll from all the rain and wind in our face most of the day. We still had fun.

2. Is it just me or does Johnny Miller get more insufferable every time NBC carries a tournament? Somebody get him a "get off my lawn" t shirt.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Couple things.

1. @cawoodsct, @cole854 and I didn't manage to help the people of Houston very much. Big Blue was brutal today; US Open style rough, no roll from all the rain and wind in our face most of the day. We still had fun.

2. Is it just me or does Johnny Miller get more insufferable every time NBC carries a tournament? Somebody get him a "get off my lawn" t shirt.
I had 13 birdie attempts today with my putter. All outside 10 feet,the majority 20+, none would fall. Wet, windy, gnarly rough, greens were aerated in last week (still very good but picked up a little sand with each putt)

It was a great day today playing with you and Mark and I donated $75 a second time to JJ Watts. Fun trying to give away $$$ on each hole.

I had 13 birdie attempts today with my putter. All outside 10 feet,the majority 20+, none would fall. Wet, windy, gnarly rough, greens were aerated in last week (still very good but picked up a little sand with each putt)

It was a great day today playing with you and Mark and I donated $75 a second time to JJ Watts. Fun trying to give away $$$ on each hole.

You wore out the fairways and greens but putts were hard to come by today for all of us.

Game starting to come into form given my skills. Hit the ball very well for me, 85/85 for 36 today. Crazy thing is I missed a ton of putts. Nearly 100% lock I won't break 93 this week. Weather has been incredible minus Friday

Everything I have read about Phil is that he is legit. Very giving with his time and money. Word from tour players is that he is the biggest tipper on tour.

He probably is but I can't help but to think he's fake. I still pull for him if he's in contention and don't hate the guy but wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he kicked someone's dog either.

He probably is but I can't help but to think he's fake. I still pull for him if he's in contention and don't hate the guy but wouldn't be surprised if it came out that he kicked someone's dog either.
Looks like your right handed privilege is shining through pal. Against all odds and a golf industry that systematically oppresses the left handers, Phil has managed to rise up and get a seat at the table. Why does this bother you? Before you say anything, although I play sports right handed, I eat, write, and shave left handed. I am qualified to speak for my left handed brothers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT