ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Everything I have read about Phil is that he is legit. Very giving with his time and money. Word from tour players is that he is the biggest tipper on tour.

My old man volunteers at Valhalla and said he saw him signing and giving hats to the policemen and volunteers in one area after his round on Sunday. Always enjoy hearing about any professional athlete giving back or doing something for others.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Weather is unreal, already locked in a few mythical appointments for this afternoon and tomorrow to head out early to the course. Try to play to dark both days. Not sure it gets much better :sunglasses:

Playing at owl creek tomorrow in Anchorage. Wife's work is putting on some charity scramble. They needed one more for a foursome. Been a year since I've played. Hope they realize the suckiness I'm bringing lol. Anyone played there?

Playing at owl creek tomorrow in Anchorage. Wife's work is putting on some charity scramble. They needed one more for a foursome. Been a year since I've played. Hope they realize the suckiness I'm bringing lol. Anyone played there?

You play the nine twice, greens usually fast, not really a great track but you will be rubbing elbows with some ballers in the clubhouse.

181543133.jpg

All 30 players in field have mathematical possibility of winning $10 million bonus

• Last five FedExCup champions were sixth or better entering Tour Championship

11:40 a.m.: Patrick Cantlay, Jason Dufner

11:50 a.m.: Russell Henley, Gary Woodland

12 p.m.: Sergio Garcia, Xander Schauffele

12:10 p.m.: Patrick Reed, Tony Finau

12:20 p.m.: Adam Hadwin, Kyle Stanley

12:30 p.m.: Kevin Chappell, Brian Harman

12:40 p.m.: Jhonattan Vegas, Kevin Kisner

12:50 p.m.: Jason Day, Webb Simpson

1 p.m.: Charley Hoffman, Daniel Berger

1:10 p.m.: Pat Perez, Matt Kuchar

1:20 p.m.: Brooks Koepka, Paul Casey

1:30 p.m.: Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Rose

1:40 p.m.: Jon Rahm, Rickie Fowler

1:50 p.m.: Dustin Johnson, Marc Leishman

2 p.m.: Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas

TV schedule (All times Eastern):
Thursday, 1-6 p.m. on Golf Channel; Friday, 1-6 p.m. on Golf Channel; Saturday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Golf Channel, 2:30-6:30 p.m. on NBC; Sunday, Noon-1:30 p.m. on Golf Channel, 1:30-6:30 p.m. on NBC

Live streaming: Thursday, 1-6 p.m. at golfchannel.com; Friday, 1-6 p.m. at golfchannel.com; Saturday, 12:30-6:30 p.m. at golfchannel.com; Sunday, Noon-6:30 p.m. at golfchannel.com.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
I'm watching the Tour Championship at East Lake in Atlanta...

For all the money the FedEx Cup is worth, it just seems difficult to understand how it all works. Who is actually ahead? What are the consequences of changes in leaderboard? A bit too complex for the casual golf fan like me to understand. Not a great format to end the tour.

Justin Thomas won $10 million for winning the Fed Ex Cup and another $945,000 for second place and Xander Schauffele won the Tour Championship by 1 stroke and about $3.5 million total with his win and his 3rd place in the Fed Ex Cup.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
Reactions: cawoodsct
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/un...plauds-the-tours-new-drug-testing-program/amp

"Have I ever been high in a PGA Tour event? Sure. Haven't done it often, but if I'm teeing off Sunday near last place with no way to move up the leader board meaningfully, I'll treat myself to making the day a little more fun, or at least different. I've smoked beforehand with the other players in my group, too."

So who’s happier this rule wasn’t in place the past decade? Tiger or DJ or Pat Perez?

Since it is Columbus Day I give you Lee Trevino:

"Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes when you consider the course."

Reactions: parrott
ADVERTISEMENT