ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

This journal is legit. Would be a great gift for a golfer you love or for you. Got the 1st edition recently and it’s superb. Will make a nice collection as well.

https://www.golfersjournal.com/

tgj_no-1-0722.jpg

DAMy4S-XsAEw2zq.jpg

Reactions: treuxbleux
I tried to find a golfer, any golfer, that would show you UKO’s game. I finally came across a compilation that does his game justice. Surprisingly, it’s one of the best in the world we are comparing his game to. Without further adieu....

Highly doubtful it will get much better. His head is gone and the first time he needs to get up and down w/ a short pin, he is going to lay sod.

Well you’re already going to owe me $200 for our earlier Tiger bet. Want to go more into debt with me. $100 says he is in top half of field for stokes gained scrambling in first full field event he plays this season.

Tiger is swinging it well in that video. Still seems to be going at it too much too soon IMO but I am not a doctor or inside his body and head. Big question is how will the swing be when tested under tour competition and conditions? I still do not think the back holds up. Even if it does, how is the short game going to be? At 41/42, man, it is going to take every ounce of talent God gave him to get back that impeccable short game which is what it will take for him to win on tour again.

If or when he starts back on tour, he needs to stay as far away from Torrey Pines/CA swing as possible. Those colder conditions is not a going to help his back at all. Keep working on the game/conditioning and then show up during the FL swing and go from there.

Highly doubtful it will get much better. His head is gone and the first time he needs to get up and down w/ a short pin, he is going to lay sod.

My short game went to [poop] this year, only recently have begun to chip and putt better. That is a part of the game that can really get in your head, your confidence gets less and less as you keep chunking/blading short chips and then putts never seem to drop. Ernie Els seems to have overcome his demons though, maybe Tiger can as well.

Chip yips apparently are the worst. Hope he can play around them as I think they will be around lurking

I think he will announce he’s playing the HERO in the next week or so. Getting LaCava down to home course means it’s serious business.

Not a Tiger fan, but will cheer like a mother for him to win and win early when he comes back. Just to shut up the resident idiot.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Palm Springs advice - going there in a couple of weeks and I know there are a lot of courses there to play. Any recommendations? Also going to be in the LA area later in the week and intend to play Trump National in Rancho Palos Verde. Spectacular venue right on the coast, hoping I can get on w/o too much trouble.

Palm Springs advice - going there in a couple of weeks and I know there are a lot of courses there to play. Any recommendations? Also going to be in the LA area later in the week and intend to play Trump National in Rancho Palos Verde. Spectacular venue right on the coast, hoping I can get on w/o too much trouble.

Stadium or Mountain course at La Quinta are both bucket list if you get the chance.

*Check on conditions there and anywhere you go...they overseed this time of year and a lot of places are CPO mid-Oct - early Nov. Aeration shouldn't be an issue as that was a couple of months back.

La Quinta/PGA West - Mountain Course and Stadium Course.

You can probably get on Trump. Cool area in LA...near the continuous landslide. I think they had issues with the landslide affecting part of the course a few years back.

Torrey Pines is only about 75 minutes south of LA, so try to get on there if you can. Obviously it's tougher to get on, but weekdays are easier than weekends.

[QUOTE="wildcat1973, post: 6252583, member: 3390"

Torrey Pines is only about 75 minutes south of LA, so try to get on there if you can. Obviously it's tougher to get on, but weekdays are easier than weekends.[/QUOTE]

Won't have time this trip, but it is on my bucket list.

Tiger is swinging it well in that video. Still seems to be going at it too much too soon IMO but I am not a doctor or inside his body and head. Big question is how will the swing be when tested under tour competition and conditions? I still do not think the back holds up. Even if it does, how is the short game going to be? At 41/42, man, it is going to take every ounce of talent God gave him to get back that impeccable short game which is what it will take for him to win on tour again.

If or when he starts back on tour, he needs to stay as far away from Torrey Pines/CA swing as possible. Those colder conditions is not a going to help his back at all. Keep working on the game/conditioning and then show up during the FL swing and go from there.

[QUOTE="wildcat1973, post: 6252583, member: 3390"

Torrey Pines is only about 75 minutes south of LA, so try to get on there if you can. Obviously it's tougher to get on, but weekdays are easier than weekends.

Won't have time this trip, but it is on my bucket list.[/QUOTE]

Played Torrey South course three weeks ago and come away a bit disappointed. There were some spectacular views, but the condition of the course, aside from the greens, was very average IMO.

Agree with the others on La Quinta though. I played the Mountain Course last October and it was great. Stadium was closed while we were out there so we also played the course where the ANA Inspiration (women's major) is played at Mission Hills. It was a nice course, but nothing compared to La Quinta.

If Tiger continues with short game struggles I hope he fights through it. With his ego and legacy i’m thinking he probably won’t do that in front of the public. If he can get beyond short game issues or at least work around them he certainly can win again. That’s a huge IF, of course. No clue what to expect from short game.

Haney seems bullish on a return to form.

Reactions: treuxbleux
ADVERTISEMENT