ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

golf-rage.gif

And he ain’t played since. Forgive me if this has already been posted.

Can't stand Geno but that was a great interview. Tiger saying he can save a mid handicapper 7 shots is very true. Lucky to be friends and play with someone who played on the PGA tour for a good while and every time we play (and I ask) he always gives me a perspective on a hole and shot that I could not have thought of if I played it a hundred times.

Now, imagine Tiger giving you advice....

Very skeptical he is able to win again, but man if he can, Golf is going to experience a surge it desperately needs right now.

Reactions: treuxbleux
The tour is booming in attendance, fwiw. It doesn't need a "desperate" surge, lol.
Big difference between "tour" and "golf". Overwhelming evidence the game is on the decline. Tiger jolted participation of the game by himself and likewise has hurt it with his decline. Nobody currently on tour has that ability no matter how well the ratings or attendance is right now.

Played Sweetens Cove on the way back from Georgia yesterday and shew wee... those greens. Relatively short course but it has to be because the thought of long irons into those greens is just gross. Loved a few of the things they did there... there is no OB (everything is played as a lateral) and almost no rough (there are waste areas). Easy to find your ball and keeps things going. Two thumbs way up for a really fun round.

Played Sweetens Cove on the way back from Georgia yesterday and shew wee... those greens. Relatively short course but it has to be because the thought of long irons into those greens is just gross. Loved a few of the things they did there... there is no OB (everything is played as a lateral) and almost no rough (there are waste areas). Easy to find your ball and keeps things going. Two thumbs way up for a really fun round.

Nice. Have read a few amazing articles about that place, such a cool story.

Can't stand Geno but that was a great interview. Tiger saying he can save a mid handicapper 7 shots is very true. Lucky to be friends and play with someone who played on the PGA tour for a good while and every time we play (and I ask) he always gives me a perspective on a hole and shot that I could not have thought of if I played it a hundred times.

Now, imagine Tiger giving you advice....

Very skeptical he is able to win again, but man if he can, Golf is going to experience a surge it desperately needs right now.
Huh? Golf has never been more popular.

What’s on your golf Christmas wish list this year? New clubs, accessories, etc.

I’m asking Santa for a GPS watch. Not sure which one yet. Maybe time for some more shoes too.

ADVERTISEMENT