ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

cawoodsct

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2006
82/15
Well, Tiger is back this week for his tournament The Hero World Challenge. TaylorMade Driver, Nike Irons, Bridgestone golf ball, Scotty Putter apparently, new sponsor Monster Energy bag.
CyX8xzYUUAAtDiN.jpg:large

Hopeful for a decent week and by decent i mean no yips and playing 4 healthy rounds.

the-winners-trophy-is-seen-behind-the-18th-green-during-the-final-of-picture-id500241696

Tee Times Thursday in The Bahamas:
CyYGMB8XUAE47dR.jpg:large

Reactions: treuxbleux
I don't mind the switch. Actually kind of pumped for new clubs. Assuming he drops those irons in 17 or they staying? Nervous about the old putter.

On the damn island now. Wish I would've thought about it and moved the vaca back 2 days and caught Thursday. Oh well, Big Cat is back on the prowl. :smiley:[jumpingsmile]

Reactions: cawoodsct
Not nearly as much dipping/head movement on the downswing. I like it. Nice little club twirl at the end too, must have striped it.

Not nearly as much dipping/head movement on the downswing. I like it. Nice little club twirl at the end too, must have striped it.
First thing I noticed as well. Has got to help his back. Big question will be if he can sustain that new action or if the old habits start showing up again.

Reactions: drainthatub
First thing I noticed as well. Has got to help his back. Big question will be if he can sustain that new action or if the old habits start showing up again.
Yea surely it'll help his back. Also noticed his left foot gradually opening up until its facing the target which has to help the back/knee also. We'll see lol

Not a Tiger fan, but I think it was a successful return. His swing looks better than it has looked in recent years. Seems as if he is still struggling with his short game.

Not a Tiger fan, but I think it was a successful return. His swing looks better than it has looked in recent years. Seems as if he is still struggling with his short game.
Yeah played pretty good and had the most birdies in the field. I was pretty happy with his short game it was his bad decisions on par 5's and 18 that ruined his scores and as he said he thinks he can clean that up pretty easily.

After seeing what i saw think he wins this year.

Reactions: treuxbleux
No doubt that if he stays healthy he is going to win again. I tried to tell buddies of mine that it comes down to its Tiger freaken Woods. He is the most talented and greatest golfer of my generation if not all time. Yes, there is a lot of young and great talent on tour now but they are not Tiger Woods. He has that extra gear (mentally) that nobody on tour has.

Really liked what I saw. Could tell he was not in "golf shape" and it wore on him each day and finally got the best of him on Sunday.

If he stays healthy, gets more tournament rounds in him, and regains most of the confidence he once had he is going to win some events this year and I would not put it past him to win a major in the next year or two.

This could be the beginning of one of the greatest sports comebacks and could be a tremendous era for golf. Just hope he can stay healthy.

If you haven't seen the John Daly 30 for 30 yet you need to. Nothing really new but it is interesting.

Good golf rule change: If you accidentally hit ball with putter, foot, marker etc you can replace it with no penalty. Actually, just this year, i started a putting routine where i place the putter down behind the ball with right hand only to avoid using two hands and accidentally touching or moving the ball. It rarely ever happened but obviously no longer a penalty.
http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/18235308/penalty-waived-accidental-ball-movement-green

Good golf rule change: If you accidentally hit ball with putter, foot, marker etc you can replace it with no penalty. Actually, just this year, i started a putting routine where i place the putter down behind the ball with right hand only to avoid using two hands and accidentally touching or moving the ball. It rarely ever happened but obviously no longer a penalty.
http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/18235308/penalty-waived-accidental-ball-movement-green

The Dustin Johnson rule. More rules need looked at as well

Reactions: cawoodsct
Wondered how long it would be before ole Hank re-emerged. Tiger is good for business.

Yep. I refused to read anything he says about Tiger. Haney knows his golf but he sold Tiger out for a quick buck. We have attorney/client privilege and priest/penitent privilege so we should have golf teacher/student privilege too.

Need a decent low cost Bluetooth speaker for golf cart next season. What about the AnKer, $40 on Amazon? Has received good reviews, but everything gets good reviews on the sites selling the equipment.

Need a decent low cost Bluetooth speaker for golf cart next season. What about the AnKer, $40 on Amazon? Has received good reviews, but everything gets good reviews on the sites selling the equipment.

My son bought a UE Boom last summer. Great sound, will fit in golf cart cup holder and has great battery life. They are under $100 now I believe.

What ball are you playing? Last year exclusively used the e6 Bridgestone. Want less spin off the driver

Tiger using the B330-S
CzuPhN_UoAA7M6e.jpg:large

JBL Flip 3

I'm going to try out the new TaylorMade ball when it is released. Went straight at the ProV1s by name in their promotional pieces and robot testing results.

Until then, my brother's father in law gets me the ProV for $29/dozen through KY Farm Bureau. Hard to beat.

Last edited:
Take your speakers and get off the course please. You're ruining the game for real golfers. Thanks tiger

No, the music doesn't, just the hacks playing the music. Go bowling or disc golfing so the rest of us can get our round in asshat.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
ADVERTISEMENT