ADVERTISEMENT

Givony on Sheppard

People that call fans selfish for wanting their favorite player to return <
It's fine to want him to return but respect his decision if he doesn't.
Reed doesn't owe anyone.
Going to the NBA doesn't mean he's full of himself or that he only cares about money.
If he has the opportunity and decides to take it no one should harbor any ill will towards him or his family.

Doesnt have to NBA lottery money to secure a life and yes its 99% of the time always waiting.
So...when you win the billion $$$ powerball, you will give away all but a few hundred thousand because "that secures a life"? Differential calculus to some.

After reading all the comments and statements of fact by SkyPrince1 on this topic alone, I realize how my 60 years of following the program, participating in the program, and now following it again make me totally incapable of making a valid comment in regard to UK basketball. What a waste of my life. I think SkyPrince1 should start his own blog and radio show to educate all on the absolute correct facts of UK basketball. He has enabled me to realize how ignorant and unaware I have been all these years. -30-

Reactions: bigbluelou
I agree with everything you said up until...That was all on Cal.

Boogie has had behavioral issues his entire career...not just at UK. So...no one has been able to develop his behavior. Regardless, you take the money when it is available. It is never a good choice to decline and say "I will accept millions after I fix my behavior issues." You take the money and fix the behavior. Or, you take the money and fix your 3 point shot. Or, you take the money and fix your dribbling. The common denominator is "take the money". Too hard for some of you.
Putting that kind of money in the hands of an immature kid makes as much sense as putting a bottle of liquor in the hands of an alcoholic or giving a teenage boy a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. You know bad things are going to happen.

Last edited:
It's like differential calculus to you.
Are you taking differential Calculus? Is this the reason you have included it in multiple posts? I guess you took a pass on Laplace Transform because you are totally incapable of ever understanding it. You are attempting to play checkers when the game is chess.

Last edited:
The NBA has a league full of immature multi-millionaires. I don't disagree with this at all.

The question is: Should a teenage kid turn down millions of dollars when offered?

Reed likely has more privilege when it comes to maturity just from the family he comes from and values that have likely been instilled. If he is offered $3.5mil to play basketball after this year at UK, he should take the money. And I want him here for 4 years...not just 2.

No his environment changed.
He was in an environment in the NBA where being mouthy to officials and coaches is accepted.
He learned it from the vets not from Cal.
He was just as mouthy and immature at UK. The only thing he didn't have was the money.

After reading all the comments and statements of fact by SkyPrince1 on this topic alone, I realize how my 60 years of following the program, participating in the program, and now following it again make me totally incapable of making a valid comment in regard to UK basketball. What a waste of my life. I think SkyPrince1 should start his own blog and radio show to educate all on the absolute correct facts of UK basketball. He has enabled me to realize how ignorant and unaware I have been all these years. -30-
No you got to be entertained by UK basketball in the 60's ,70's 80's and to some degree the 90's by players who had no choice but to stay 4 years.
The NBA did not draft on potential and only generation talents left early.
Transfers were sometimes restricted and always had a sit out period.
The schools and the coaches had all the power.
Under the table money was mainly cars and cash and free perks but nothing that really impacted their lives.
The free education was a racket also.
Athletes were stirred to classes to maintain eligibility.
The idea that former athletes that didn't go pro were somehow "taken care of is a myth also.
Reed's not playing in his daddy's time, he playing in his time and I guarantee you Jeff wishes he would have had the opportunities that Reed has.
I guarantee no former players fell sorry for today's players.

They would all tell you they have it a hell of a lot better than they did.

Reactions: Zissou87
Putting that kind of money in the hands of an immature kid makes as much sense as putting a bottle of liquor in the hands of an alcoholic or giving a teenage boy a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. You know bad things are going to happen.
How many OAD's have we had under Cal?
Refresh my memory on all the horrible decisions they have made.
Any of them done jail time?
Malik served a suspension for drugs but hasn't relapsed to my knowledge.
T Jones apparently kicked a homeless man once if you really need something to reach for.

How many OAD's have we had under Cal?
Refresh my memory on all the horrible decisions they have made.
Any of them done jail time?
Malik served a suspension for drugs but hasn't relapsed to my knowledge.
T Jones apparently kicked a homeless man once if you really need something to reach for.
Nice try at trying to shift the conversation away from Cousins. Cousins became an absolute headcase which is who my response referenced.

How does him being overlooked translate to him not being a lottery pick? That makes absolutely no sense. What correlates those two ideas together?
Overlooked? Hes not a lottery pick because there are definitely more than 15 players more suited to the pro game than reed right now. We are about to start playing real teams/men in conference. We ll see what he can do against them night in and night out. My gut says by the end of the season dj, edwards, Rob, Bradshaw will pass reed on the draft boards evaluating a players draft spot now is like paying attention to the net rankings. I remember when TyTy was projected a top 10 pick at this time and he didn’t sniff the lottery. How many min a game is tyty playing? Let’s all settle down the national guys poison our teams with this early crap.

Overlooked? Hes not a lottery pick because there are definitely more than 15 players more suited to the pro game than reed right now. We are about to start playing real teams/men in conference. We ll see what he can do against them night in and night out. My gut says by the end of the season dj, edwards, Rob, Bradshaw will pass reed on the draft boards evaluating a players draft spot now is like paying attention to the net rankings. I remember when TyTy was projected a top 10 pick at this time and he didn’t sniff the lottery. How many min a game is tyty playing? Let’s all settle down the national guys poison our teams with this early crap.
Tyty was projected top 10 on many draft boards before the season even started. With Reed we are talking about a guy who wasn't even on the radar of being a first round pick before the season started but his outstanding play has shot him up the draft boards and caused nba scouts to take notice.

How can anyone watch Sheppard and not be completely blown away by how good he plays is beyond me. His and tyty situation are about as opposite as could be. It is crazy to me that you could even see any type of possibility where Dj and Edwards are taken before Shep. I could see Rob possibly being taken above Sheppard and maybe Bradshaw because of his future potential but cmon now the buzz for Reed is about as real as it gets. He makes the game look so easy and isn't even trying to put up number for himself. The kid is that good. I do think it is possible that he comes back for one more year but that would be it.

Tyty was projected top 10 on many draft boards before the season even started. With Reed we are talking about a guy who wasn't even on the radar of being a first round pick before the season started but his outstanding play has shot him up the draft boards and caused nba scouts to take notice.

How can anyone watch Sheppard and not be completely blown away by how good he plays is beyond me. His and tyty situation are about as opposite as could be. It is crazy to me that you could even see any type of possibility where Dj and Edwards are taken before Shep. I could see Rob possibly being taken above Sheppard and maybe Bradshaw because of his future potential but cmon now the buzz for Reed is about as real as it gets. He makes the game look so easy and isn't even trying to put up number for himself. The kid is that good. I do think it is possible that he comes back for one more year but that would be it.
If you saw him play in high school you wouldn’t be blown away. I’ve known how good he is for a few years now. And I knew he would hit the ground running while many others figure it out because he understands our program. I think he’s a fringe first rounder probably a second rounder after the season plays out and I think he’ll be at UK 3 years not because he can’t go to the nba but because he is the exemplar of a person who can make more in college than at the pro level. I fully expect him to make bronny type money at UK the next couple years. And I will tell you this he won’t lose a dime because each year he stays will move him up 5 spots in the draft. Now if reed wants to go after this year and fight for a roster spot he can do that but I doubt that’s what he will want to do. Like you said he was on ones radar and now he is overhyped. He’s really somewhere in between which lands him as an early second maybe maybe late first depending on how he does against real competition and men every night. The pro game is 48 min anf 82 games. Reeds averaging what 25 min and played a handful of games mostly against weak opponents.

As opposed to making millions of dollars chasing their dreams <
We are Kentucky basketball fans we are gonna want our favorite player to play here as long as possible. I don’t think our fans are gonna shun him if he leaves but no Kentucky basketball fan wants him to go pro after one season

No you got to be entertained by UK basketball in the 60's ,70's 80's and to some degree the 90's by players who had no choice but to stay 4 years.
The NBA did not draft on potential and only generation talents left early.
Transfers were sometimes restricted and always had a sit out period.
The schools and the coaches had all the power.
Under the table money was mainly cars and cash and free perks but nothing that really impacted their lives.
The free education was a racket also.
Athletes were stirred to classes to maintain eligibility.
The idea that former athletes that didn't go pro were somehow "taken care of is a myth also.
Reed's not playing in his daddy's time, he playing in his time and I guarantee you Jeff wishes he would have had the opportunities that Reed has.
I guarantee no former players fell sorry for today's players.

They would all tell you they have it a hell of a lot better than they did.
Like I said you know it all.

We are Kentucky basketball fans we are gonna want our favorite player to play here as long as possible. I don’t think our fans are gonna shun him if he leaves but no Kentucky basketball fan wants him to go pro after one season
Fair enough. I want all the players to play 4 years. It's just not realistic anymore...too much money involved. Also, let's stop the stupid narrative that Calipari doesn't want players back or he forces them to leave. Telling a player he should go pro and take the money isn't forcing players out.

Reactions: Zissou87
Cal has lost his damn mind trying to play this game under the basket. It is the weakest part of our team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT