ADVERTISEMENT

Givony on Sheppard

If he’s in the lottery, he’s gone after this year. I’ve saw many people who believe he comes back regardless of where he is in the draft but that’s not gonna happen. If he is anywhere but the lottery, I think we have about a 75% chance of getting him for a second year. How fun would he and Perry be playing together?

I love how the NBA guys always hope our guys go pro early.

If we don't win the title, Sheppard's coming back. I'll bet three months of my posting rights to anyone who wants a slice of that action, but I'm not betting into the void. If someone out there thinks Sheppard leaves after year one and simultaneously leaves Kentucky titleless, then they can bet 3 months of their posting rights against me. But I'm not betting against no one.

So for those of you guys who are certain he's gone, put it on the table and make the bet. Sheppard's not leaving here unless we win it in April.

Last edited:

If we don't win the title, Sheppard's coming back. I'll bet three months of my posting rights to anyone who wants a slice of that action, but I'm not betting into the void. If someone out there thinks Sheppard leaves after year one and simultaneously leaves Kentucky titleless, then they can bet 3 months of their posting rights against me. But I'm not betting against no one.

So for those of you guys are certain he's gone, put it on the table and make the bet. Sheppard's not leaving here unless we win it in April.
Givony rarely tries to push any Duke players out early; I’m sure his ESPN association is not a factor….

😂😂

If he’s in the lottery, he’s gone after this year. I’ve saw many people who believe he comes back regardless of where he is in the draft but that’s not gonna happen. If he is anywhere but the lottery, I think we have about a 75% chance of getting him for a second year. How fun would he and Perry be playing together?
You’ve saw what?
No Way Abandon Thread GIF

I don’t try to hide it, I’m as selfish a UK fan as there is. I hope he stays at least two years.
Filipowski turned down top 15 pick status to come back to Duke, and he has no emotional attachments to Duke.

Sheppard is probably the most emotionally attached player in the history of our program. If we win the title in April, I could see him saying, "mission accomplished" and leaving, but if we don't bring the trophy back to Lexington, he's coming back.

So for those of you guys are certain he's gone, put it on the table and make the bet. Sheppard's not leaving here unless we win it in April.
I do believe that if he is projected lottery; then title or not he will be NBA bound. Is that a stipulation to be added to a friendly wager ? Lol

Everyone talks about “lottery pick” being the cutoff line. I disagree. Why? Because these are PROJECTIONS (educated GUESSES). Lots of guys in that projected in that 10-15 range fall into the 20’s (or worse). Last year a guy projected top 8 fell to around 20 and has been playing in the G-league.
I think a BIG factor should be “if I stay, what do NBA teams want to see from me next year to move up 10 spots?”, and is that doable.
So I think the cutoff may be more like top 10 picks (projected).

Sheppard will pull Oscar-level money next year through NIL.

2025:
NPOY.
SEC player of the year.
Top 10 pick.
Leads the nation in assists.

His skillset isn't going to suddenly depreciate (this dude isn't Doron Lamb who's stock is solely contingent on how well he shoots). His ceiling is a slightly lesser version of Stockton. His floor is Kirk Hinrich.

With no title in April, he's coming back, fellas.

Last edited:
Filipowski turned down top 15 pick status to come back to Duke, and he has no emotional attachments to Duke.

Sheppard is probably the most emotionally attached player in the history of our program. If we win the title in April, I could see him saying, "mission accomplished" and leaving, but if we don't bring the trophy back to Lexington, he's coming back.
He's definitely in the top in emotional attachment, but I'd say there were others who were very attached.

• Haha
Reactions: GoCats-GoHerd88
Get out of here @NociHTTP!!

I live mortgage free, not rent free because I own you at this point. 😊
You're so paranoid you get people here mixed up. Or you didn't make it past the 5th grade. Which one is it? You own nothing, you haven't proved anything, you've made yourself to be the fool you are. In fact you're so paranoid you created a username with SIXTEEN characters in it. Maybe you were trying to think of one, and thought "hey I'm 16 in the noggin". Do you know what my username means?

You're so paranoid you get people here mixed up. Or you didn't make it past the 5th grade. Which one is it? You own nothing, you haven't proved anything, you've made yourself to be the fool you are. In fact you're so paranoid you created a username with SIXTEEN characters in it. Maybe you were trying to think of one, and thought "hey I'm 16 in the noggin". Do you know what my username means?

Angry in this new year, are we? 😊

This just confirmed the other account is you. Thanks! 😁

I might not own a lot, but I own every thought in your head.

• Sad
Reactions: westerncat

2025:
NPOY.
SEC player of the year.
Top 10 pick.

His skillset isn't going to suddenly depreciate (this dude isn't Doron Lamb who's stock is solely contingent on how well he shoots). His ceiling is a slightly lesser version of Stockton. His floor is Kirk Hinrich.

With not title in April, he's coming back, fellas.
I can't stand the NBA, but if we win the title this year he needs to go unless he wants to come back, which would shock me to no end. He's phenomenal.

He would be a Kentucky Fool to come back if he is getting drafted in the lottery - title or no title.

I can't stand the NBA, but if we win the title this year he needs to go unless he wants to come back, which would shock me to no end. He's phenomenal.

‼️🚨Breaking news🚨‼️

“Reed needs to go to the NBA unless he wants to come back. Tune in at 6 for a full report. Back to you Jim.”

2025:
NPOY.
SEC player of the year.
Top 10 pick.

With not title in April, he's coming back, fellas.
I don’t see why his ceiling has to be below Stockton. Ceilings can be pretty high.

I agree. I think he comes back unless the cats win it all, even then he still might return. I don't get why everyone is so sure he leaves.

If he helps bring us number 9 this year, I'll have no issues wishing him well in the NBA next year.

Reactions: WildcatNC
The NIL money is a non issue. He will get that here or wherever he is. We use a former UK player in our advertising. We call it endorsement money now. That's also what we call the money we spend on current players. The NCAA calls it NIL though. Our accountant calls it advertising allotment.

But I would not be surprised to see Sheppard return. I also won't be surprised for him to go.

Edited to add; It's not a non issue. If there was still no NIL money then the decision to go is east. Having that money gives reason to consider staying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike

Flip had to have hip surgery think that held him back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT