ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

Interesting. Steve Rattner explains the main reason gas prices are so high - refinery capacity:

He's right. But with the constant(stupid) threats to kill oil, and canceling leases, why would oil companies invest in additional refinery capacity? If the administration would stop the threats, we could increase production. Fossil fuels aren't going away anytime soon folks.

Down 40 cents a gallon over the last couple weeks. Really excited about this windfall.

I’ve planned an extra vacation because of the savings. I’ll be driving to the Pacific Northwest and back. I had heard that folks were canceling travel plans right and left when it spiked upwards. I’m doing just the opposite now that it’s dropping. Woohoo! Parrrrr-tay!

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Down 40 cents a gallon over the last couple weeks. Really excited about this windfall.

I’ve planned an extra vacation because of the savings. I’ll be driving to the Pacific Northwest and back. I had heard that folks were canceling travel plans right and left when it spiked upwards. I’m doing just the opposite now that it’s dropping. Woohoo! Parrrrr-tay!
Better go now. Futures market is predicting a huge spike in the near future. Some are saying that $200/barrel isn't that far off.

$4.39/gallon at local Valero, down 30 cents from peak. Leaving today for KY/TN and expect on paying $200 gasoline charges for just a 1150 mile trip out there.
That sucks. But at least you and faninOhio can afford to travel. Some people are struggling with the high costs.

Reports say prices are dropping because less people are driving.

Will the huge jump in prices make people satisfied with a modest drop? Or, will people want gas back to $2.00-2.50 per gallon before being satisfied?

psychologically, moving the needle up to $5 could make people happy with $4 . . . If I was a conspiracy theorist.

Eastern NKY
Cold Spring Kroger- $4.19
Latonia Kroger- $4.39
Bellevue Kroger- $4.69
Newport Kroger- $4.75

Cheapest E. Cincy
Mt. Washington Sunoco- $4.54

Reactions: jcrow10
Reports say prices are dropping because less people are driving.

Will the huge jump in prices make people satisfied with a modest drop? Or, will people want gas back to $2.00-2.50 per gallon before being satisfied?

psychologically, moving the needle up to $5 could make people happy with $4 . . . If I was a conspiracy theorist.

Also the gas tax holidays from some states. If you look at that in Kentucky, actual prices aren't down all that much.

Absolutely agree though the other reasons for the falling price are definitely not good. It's the inflation cycle that we saw time and again in history.

And yes... inflation is definitely one of the biggest reason prices were up

Reactions: PhDcat2018
$3.89 in Anderson county today. Supplies are going up so make it about whatever you want to be mad at……

If supplies are up it's because demand is down. Just yesterday on the world stage opec refused to sell or produce any more product.

Of course we know demand is down because spending is down. People were surprised to learn hiring slowed.

It's just the next phase of an inflation cycle. Once people find out they were duped and they're rapidly losing spending power, they start hanging on to their money.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
$4.399 on the west side of Evansville.

Drove down to Morganfield to visit my parents yesterday. $3.879 on Highway 41 strip in Henderson; $4.279 in Morganfield.

I saw a couple places under $4 and a couple others just a few cents over $4 on Friday when I went to the Wendy's a couple miles from home to get a Strawberry Frosty. Crazy because like two weeks ago it was $4.65 and I filled up last week at $4.34. I'm used to prices staying or going up during summer, not down like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT