ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

Very interesting data this week. Oil is down about 10% in 3 days but Kroger gas prices near me haven't budged at all. On Thursday, Kroger beat estimates on the top and bottom lines with better guidance going forward. However, the Kroger stock price is down 8.5% as well in 2 days and seems to be taking the beating instead of gas prices. Crazy market action everywhere.

Last edited:
It’s gone down a few cents here. What really kills me is Louisville is now cheaper than Clarksville and jeffersonville. Kentucky suspended the gas tax but Indiana won’t. So it’s 20 cents cheaper in Kentucky now

More data. Increasing US oil supply hasn't worked to lower gas prices yet but the oil rig count is at its highest level since March 2020 meaning more rigs are being used to drill more oil which will increase the supply even further. This doesn't change refining capacity but could offer hope for the future if supply eventually offsets demand.

More data. Increasing US oil supply hasn't worked to lower gas prices yet but the oil rig count is at its highest level since March 2020 meaning more rigs are being used to drill more oil which will increase the supply even further. This doesn't change refining capacity but could offer hope for the future if supply eventually offsets demand.
Yeah it will take some time, but it's good we are now going for more of our own supply.

More is being exported due to overall global supply demands, so less for here.

More & more Biden regs & biofuel requirements are causing smaller refiners to pack it in. Not worth the investment when the rug can be pulled out at any time by those numbskulls. Dims getting exactly what they want, just can't say it. Laughing their as$es off actually.

Reactions: hmt5000 and catben

More & more Biden regs & biofuel requirements are causing smaller refiners to pack it in. Not worth the investment when the rug can be pulled out at any time by those numbskulls. Dims getting exactly what they want, just can't say it. Laughing their as$es off actually.
Those ****ers are in for a rude awakening in November. These policies are hurting every American.

It's a world oil market.

You can blame refiners too and Biden for not doing what oil executives want most. Having their asses kissed.
Here's the problem. The great depression lasted a decade because DC decided they were gonna dictate how businesses ran day to day and what they paid and what they could charge. Nuckleheads like you are going down that road of price controls, federal mandates and direct cash payments to "workers". You are going to make this worse with your nonsense. Let the market take care of it and we'll get back to normal faster. Every time one of these idiots thinks he can dictate a cure it will make it worse in the long run.

Hell, Japan had a "lost decade" because they thought they could outsmart the market from the top down. Germany lost a decade doing the same. You can go through tons of governments that do the same thing and get the same result.

Let the market take care of it and we'll get back to normal faster. Every time one of these idiots thinks he can dictate a cure it will make it worse in the long run.

Hell, Japan had a "lost decade" because they thought they could outsmart the market from the top down. Germany lost a decade doing the same. You can go through tons of governments that do the same thing and get the same result.
🤣 This part is rich considering your affection for the traitor in the WH 18 months ago who tried to outsmart every market in the world and every company in the US.

This is the level of idiocy coming from this White House. They are seriously considering to give out gas rebates to help people buy their gas.

The dumbest thing you can do when you are trying to fight inflation, is to give money out to buy a commodity that is already in limited supply that you already have exce$$ demand. (Hence Ga$ Price$ ⛽️ )

They will literally be handing money to people too juice more demand when the ga$ $upplie$ are already tight..

Some might say that isn’t the case, but then why is Joe going to Saudi Arabia to beg & plead for them to produce more oil, where I guess Mother Earth is protected, but she isn’t here when we could be doing the same exact thing for ourselves.

Thi$ i$ beyond moronicy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the level of idiocy coming from this White House. They are seriously considering to give out gas rebates to help people buy their gas.

The dumbest thing you can do when you are trying to fight inflation, is to give money out to buy a commodity that is already in limited supply that you already have exce$$ demand. (Hence Ga$ Price$ ⛽️ )

They will literally be handing money to people too juice more demand when the ga$ $upplie$ are already tight..

Some might say that isn’t the case, but then why is Joe going to Saudi Arabia to beg & plead for them to produce more oil, where I guess Mother Earth is protected, but she isn’t here when we could be doing the same exact thing for ourselves.

So you're made they want to give vouchers for gas to help people out, because it might increase demand, but also mad they are going to one of the biggest oil producers to up production? Seems off. It's of course a supply issue, marginal changes in demand are going to change that.

It's all a global market. No President has a knob to control gas prices or every politician would run on that alone. But it's too easy to blame them on a president because people don't know how the market actually works. Lord knows I'm not a fan of the current one, but gas in America is private businesses. And global markets control it. Supply uncertainty had as much to do with it as the actual supply. It's not anything this current administration has done.

There are no regulations stopping American companies from producing more. Vast majority produced in this country is on private land, by private companies. We produce more now than ever in history. Not much we can do here to help in the short term.

No green energy push or policy is stopping companies from investing in production, global stability and demands are making it too risky for their bottom line. In their eyes. They're making record profits so why risk that.

Reactions: jameslee32
So you're made they want to give vouchers for gas to help people out,

I’m assuming you meant mad,,,,,

Not mad, it’$ moronic 🤷‍♂️.. if it can be done there it can be done here.. Energy Efficient..

It’s Moronic with so many already struggling & demand high 🤷‍♂️… The price will go up even more if demand can be met & sustained…

Last edited:
So you're made they want to give vouchers for gas to help people out, because it might increase demand, but also mad they are going to one of the biggest oil producers to up production? Seems off. It's of course a supply issue, marginal changes in demand are going to change that.

It's all a global market. No President has a knob to control gas prices or every politician would run on that alone. But it's too easy to blame them on a president because people don't know how the market actually works. Lord knows I'm not a fan of the current one, but gas in America is private businesses. And global markets control it. Supply uncertainty had as much to do with it as the actual supply. It's not anything this current administration has done.

There are no regulations stopping American companies from producing more. Vast majority produced in this country is on private land, by private companies. We produce more now than ever in history. Not much we can do here to help in the short term.

No green energy push or policy is stopping companies from investing in production, global stability and demands are making it too risky for their bottom line. In their eyes. They're making record profits so why risk that.
False

So you're made they want to give vouchers for gas to help people out,

We can’t keep giving away/printing money. We were “helping people out” with PPP loans where half were completely unnecessary, unemployment where tons of people didn’t need it and abused it, etc. Its too easy to work the system for national giveaways as it’s too much to regulate. We can’t keep printing money and giving shit away and discounting stuff to buy votes it’s how we’re in this mess.

Easy…. Producing our own oil and gas is detrimental to our GHG Climate Change goals. Better to let other countries do the dirty work.

It’s beyond embarrassing to have the POTUS pledge to make Saudi a “pariah state”, then to come back later and grovel to them for help.

You can blame refiners too and Biden for not doing what oil executives want most. Having their asses kissed.
Just liberal stupidity. Biden needs to stfu, stop killing leases, stop threatening oil companies, and let them invest where they need to.
🤣 This part is rich considering your affection for the traitor in the WH 18 months ago who tried to outsmart every market in the world and every company in the US.
Gas was a lot cheaper than with your old ass hero in office. No mean tweets though. The liberal "thoughts and prayers" is "no more mean tweets yay"

You don't fix the problem by handing out money. You fix the problem by increasing supply. Preferably, our own supply. Giving out money is why we're in this situation to begin with. Want lower prices? Produce more goods and let the market work.

Just liberal stupidity. Biden needs to stfu, stop killing leases, stop threatening oil companies, and let them invest where they need to.

Gas was a lot cheaper than with your old ass hero in office. No mean tweets though. The liberal "thoughts and prayers" is "no more mean tweets yay"

You don't fix the problem by handing out money. You fix the problem by increasing supply. Preferably, our own supply. Giving out money is why we're in this situation to begin with. Want lower prices? Produce more goods and let the market work.
This board need to institute a dunce cap for you 🍺
If you don't know shit about markets, let the adults in the room talk and stick to your maga talking points on the Political Forum K?

If you don't know shit about markets, let the adults in the room talk and stick to your maga talking points on the Political Forum K?
OK smart guy. Explain how futures have a direct effect on current gas prices... I'll hang up and listen as you dazzle us with you market knowledge.

I was an econ major and did trading for a few years before getting into education. I don't want/need a liberals take on markets. I can ask a 5 year old about them and get better insight...

Could be worse:

ecf0611d-3b91-4d98-b3a9-2e83554c8f62_1140x641.jpg

will be worse, long term

You know I read your posts and laugh most of the time and shake my head on other ones and occasionally ask myself who in the hell is paying you to post crap you have no idea about. I’ll say this, take you lib ass on a drive from
I-10 out of Houston to the I-59 split along the gulf coast at night and tell me what you see boy. 🍺

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Idk the gas futures market because I don't trade but on a quick check, it looks like backwardation.
I own shares of an oil company PXD and sold some VGENX this week for the first time in 6 years. I drive so I can talk gas prices especially in NKY. I'll keep sticking to those subjects.

I"m calling BS. My dad ran a gas station for a bit. He only made about 1 to 3 cents per gallon. No way you could give that big of a discount and stay in business. Gas stations make their money off of really high drink and snack prices. They keep gas prices low to get you to stop at their store and buy overpriced products.

I"m calling BS. My dad ran a gas station for a bit. He only made about 1 to 3 cents per gallon. No way you could give that big of a discount and stay in business. Gas stations make their money off of really high drink and snack prices. They keep gas prices low to get you to stop at their store and buy overpriced products.
Yep. My grandfather was in the oil business. Gas stations don't make much margin on gas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT