ADVERTISEMENT

Gas Prices Where You Live

In the $4.20/gal range in Louisville for the most part. Cheapest right now as I type per gas buddy app is Sam's Club at #3.93/gal.

We went shopping at the Ft Henry Mall when I was young. Good times
That was the place to be back in the 70's. You wouldn't recognize it now. It's mostly empty as other shopping complexes in Bristol, Johnson City and on the east end of Kingsport took over. I suppose that's true of most malls now. The Treasure Coast Mall back home in Florida is in the same shape.

Reactions: Ed323232
That was the place to be back in the 70's. You wouldn't recognize it now. It's mostly empty as other shopping complexes in Bristol, Johnson City and on the east end of Kingsport took over. I suppose that's true of most malls now. The Treasure Coast Mall back home in Florida is in the same shape.
This would have been like 80-85. We would go shop, see a movie, spend the whole day. I would try and sneak in Spencer’s for a look around if I could. Simple times. I lived 2-2.5 hours away but going there probably once a month was a thrill.

Reactions: JDHoss
This would have been like 80-85. We would go shop, see a movie, spend the whole day. I would try and sneak in Spencer’s for a look around if I could. Simple times. I lived 2-2.5 hours away but going there probably once a month was a thrill.
You'll be happy to know that Spencer's is still open.

Reactions: Ed323232
Spencer Gifts - where kids of any age can check out and handle the latest lines of dildos and buttplugs.

Mommy, what does this thing do?

Tiger Oil and Highland Heights Sunoco each break the $4 barrier at $3.99.

Kroger Bellevue and Newport have diverged. Bellevue is .20 cents cheaper now at $4.39. These are usually the highest priced Krogers in NKY probably because they are the 2 closest to Ohio.

Havent noticed the hit at the pump much as we still don't have to drive much.. but they got us on the NatlGrid bill. Was up probably 20% last month, and that included some pretty cool weeks in June, and DIDN'T include the heat wave we all just had.

$4.99 yesterday at the station I regularly use. Costco is probably a little less.

strategic_petroleum_reserve_spr.jpg

This is why prices are coming down. Our strategic oil reserve is down to its lowest point since 1984. I wonder what happens when it goes completely empty? This is a DOE chart and numbers.

strategic_petroleum_reserve_spr.jpg

This is why prices are coming down. Our strategic oil reserve is down to its lowest point since 1984. I wonder what happens when it goes completely empty? This is a DOE chart and numbers.
I'll remind people here as well that there are millions and millions of barrels in the Permian Basin and Bakken Shale alone. Technology changed the entire game here in the US. Understand that China, Russia, Iran and the Saudis know this all too well.

I live in Burnsville NC and would still rather go to Johnson city than Asheville. We like east Tenn.

I'll remind people here as well that there are millions and millions of barrels in the Permian Basin and Bakken Shale alone. Technology changed the entire game here in the US. Understand that China, Russia, Iran and the Saudis know this all too well.
Biden is shutting that down. Regulations, pipelines, denying permits, fines and overzealous bureaucrats... Yea, we could be energy independent again.... Like we were 2018, 2019 and 2020... Wonder what happened in '21?

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-shutting-down-line-5-pipeline-send-gas-prices-surging-1646999

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/joe-biden-3-pipelines-trump-energy-independence-deroy-murdock

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/27/biden-suspends-oil-and-gas-drilling-in-series-of.html

KEY POINTS
  • President Joe Biden on Wednesday signed a series of executive orders that prioritize climate change across all levels of government and put the U.S. on track to curb planet-warming carbon emissions.
  • Biden’s orders direct the secretary of the Interior Department to halt new oil and natural gas leases on public lands and waters, and begin a thorough review of existing permits for fossil fuel development.
  • The series of actions kick off the president’s agenda to reduce the country’s emissions and establish stricter targets under the Paris climate accord.
I can get you shilling. But how can you shill that we need to cut co2 while also saying we aren't cutting oil production? They promised us a cut in oil use. We are getting a cut in oil production. If you say we aren't then they are lying about their climate claims. Pick one dude. Either this admin is killing our petrol production or they are lying about their entire climate policy.

$3.79 most places in Somerset on Wednesday for regular. Walmart does have regular at $3.75.
Still nearly $2 per gallon higher than it was under Trump. The higher fuel cost is being reflected in sky high food prices and a huge jump in durable goods (appliances, lawn mowers, etc.) prices.
Personally, I think we're due for even higher food prices as the elevated cost of fertilizer will finally impact consumers a little later in the year.
Inflation is the double whammy. Any raise in pay people saw in the last 18-24 months has been wiped away by higher prices. Meanwhile my investment portfolio has lost roughly 22%.
Thursday's GDP report should be interesting. A second consecutive qtr of negative growth and we're officially in a recession...irregardless of what the Biden administration would have you believe.

ADVERTISEMENT