ADVERTISEMENT

5 teams vying for the 4 3 seeds

Have a bad feeling we get under seeded as a 5. Hope I’m wrong
The more I look at things, the more I realize this as well.

The Net rankings are a joke. Any type of computer ranking...none of them like UK for whatever reason. Just have to hope theres some common sense involved.

But I have a feeling the highest seed we are possibly getting is a 4.

The more I look at things, the more I realize this as well.

The Net rankings are a joke. Any type of computer ranking...none of them like UK for whatever reason. Just have to hope theres some common sense involved.

But I have a feeling the highest seed we are possibly getting is a 4.

We never really did anything to separate ourselves from the pack. We were preseason 18th in Kenpom and we are currently 17th. This year we were no better than 14th and no worse than 28th at any point this season.

Margin of victory matters in these things.

So when we let Georgia go on a massive 32-16 run to end the game, when we are up double digits @ UT and only one by a possession or two, it makes a difference.

Assuming the top 8 are set with Purdue, Yconn, Houston, Tenn, UNC, Zona, Iowa st and Marquette….cant see UK jumping anyone there. So then it’s Duke, Baylor, Creighton, Illinois, and UK fighting for the 3 seeds. Might be tough to crack that 3 line.
I don't think Illinois is that much of an obstacle for UK to get a 3 - if at all, actually.

New AP poll today has UK at #9.
That’s a solid three seed. Just need to win one, maybe two in Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT