ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Kentucky vs. Auburn - SECT

Need to score right here. Becker, of course, swings at junk and then watches the straight pitch right down the middle.

Becker 0-4. I am not so sure that is a fair ball though.

We have a billion camera angles and not one of them can show us whether that was a foul or fair ball?

Cottam has been on fire today. What a clutch hit.

Another lazy ground ball by Becker to follow that up and end the threat.

I like Becker in the 3 hole better than the 4 hole, but that hurt right there. UK does not have the pitching staff to make this a long game. We literally have no one else to turn to after Hjelle. So, we need to score as quickly as we can and end this as quickly as we can.

I am drinking afternoon (now early evening) beers, so I apologize for my frustration, but these camera angles will continue to be the bane of my existence, and I will continue to complain about them. lol

Hjelle gutting out 88 pitches now. We really need this offense to perform for him.

DAWSON!!! BAREHANDED GRAB!!! GIVE HIM THAT SPORTS CENTER MUSIC!!

Becker's up there because he gives you deep, quality ABs and a high OBP.

He should be there. No doubt. He should be there. I like him in the 3 or in the 6. With Squires struggling, it has to be the 3. So, I am fine with it. Still, that is a big time spot where we needed another double to get the lead to take the pressure off this pitching staff. Still, this is not an easy game, so I understand.

Hjelle finally gets Estes out. MORE FREE BASEBALL!!!

Now, end this! Want to see a big stick from Heyer. Give me another leadoff double!

It may be crucial to grab the lead in the 10th. Hjelle might have one more inning in him, but no more.

So, let's project forward... we don't score here... then what? Do you go with Hjelle again? How about in the 11th? Who shuts it down in the most important game of the year? In reality... I might be crazy as heck and run Thompson out there if we get a lead. F-it.

Who else you going to use? I don't know that Rodriguez is any faster necessarily, but they really don't have anyone else you'd consider a speedster on the lineup that isn't injured.

Great bunt there by Dawson.

I'm questioning why take out Shinn. He can't be slower than A-Rod and is a better hitter.

I am drinking afternoon (now early evening) beers, so I apologize for my frustration, but these camera angles will continue to be the bane of my existence, and I will continue to complain about them. lol
Not watching, but as someone who hates alternate angles in basically every sport I feel your pain

I went back and checked video. Did not look to be.

Didn't look to be fair or foul? It looked funny to me.

Heyer with a leadoff single! I am going to miss Heyer. My favorite player this season. Just a great story from an every man's hitter. Squires then bunts him to second. Good bunt by Squires.

GREAT GAME, extra innings. With this showing against the hottest team in baseball should get an invite even if we lose the game---------and obviously this team doesn't give up easy.

Great "relief" pitching by last years SEC pitcher of the year.

Runner on second one out..

Not watching, but as someone who hates alternate angles in basically every sport I feel your pain

The one today was as bad as you'll ever see. It was like from 50 feet behind home plate with a wide angle lens. All you could see is that there was someone pitching and someone hitting. It was anyone's guess what happened on those plays.

I'm questioning why take out Shinn. He can't be slower than A-Rod and is a better hitter.

I am assuming they go to Johnson if we get to Shinn's spot in the lineup. I don't know that for sure, but it is just my guess. Of course, it might depend on what kind of setup we have.

We just need Aklinski to settle in and worry about a base hit here. Nothing major.

They got a lot of faith in these hitters to keep bunting. Man, makes me nervous to give away late outs. But it worked last time.

Squires is like 3 for 40 as of late... you cannot help but bunt with him. Maybe, just maybe, seeing the bunt and getting it down will help him see the ball next time up.

This is absolutely a stupid inning.. If you knew, if you knew you were going to let Lewis bat why the hell did you sacrifice Squires...just freaking WOW... another 2 out inning

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Why is Aklinski constantly trying to hit a HR, especially in a big ball park? Simply doesn't have the consistent power to do it. Just needed a base hit there.

UK better figure out who the heck they need to get up in the bullpen because Hjelle is up pushing 100 pitches and he cannot go much further. Hopefully he doesn't need to.

So, @Jeff Drummond, who do you go to in the 11th if we get there? Let's say 1. If we have a lead, and 2. If we are still tied.

Regardless of the outcome, Shawn Hjelle has come up big and he will start game one in the NCAA regional on full rest if we get an invite. It will help if LSU loses to Miss State later on today.

This is absolutely a stupid inning.. If you knew, if you knew you were going to let Lewis bat why the hell did you sacrifice Squires...just freaking WOW... another 2 out inning

Let's be realistic... Lewis has 2 singles today. That is almost as many singles/hits as Squires has had in upwards of 40 at bats. So, it is a good idea to bunt Squires and Lewis has done enough today to think he might be able to get you that needed hit. I, admittedly, didn't feel overly comfortable with it, but we also still have a short bench and who would we really rely on. No one is really consistent enough to believe that they could get the hit needed there.

UK better figure out who the heck they need to get up in the bullpen because Hjelle is up pushing 100 pitches and he cannot go much further. Hopefully he doesn't need to.

So, @Jeff Drummond, who do you go to in the 11th if we get there? Let's say 1. If we have a lead, and 2. If we are still tied.

If Mach's available, has to be him, right? But I'm not sure if he's able to go.

If Mach's available, has to be him, right? But I'm not sure if he's able to go.

You know more about it than I do, but I would be surprised if we see Mach again this year, and possibly if we see him again at UK.

Thompson and Ramsey in the bullpen warming up.

WHOA... Holland rails one to the warning track. Whew...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT