ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Kentucky vs. Auburn - SECT

END OF 10: Kentucky 3, Auburn 3. Tigers' Will Holland, who homered in first AB today, flies out to warning track in LF to end 10th. Hjelle with huge sigh of relief. He's probably done with heroic 7.1 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 9 K, 0 BB in relief.

If we don't win this one it will be an absolute crying shame... By far the best game that Sean has pitched all year

He definitely does look like the Hjelle of old, and this might really be the type of game that earns Hjelle his money in the MLB. He, if nothing else, can be a big time long relief pitcher who can shut down opposing hitters. He should be done for this game. Now we need Johnson to come up big with a base hit to lead this off.

Why wouldn't we see mach anymore? Doesn't he have another year before he can declare?

I don't think so. The rule is that you have to stay 3 years, but if you are 21 then you can also declare and if I am not mistaken, Mach will be 21 before the draft. So, he is technically eligible.

If you can't get to the Mendoza line you have no business playing regularly unless you're a pitcher.

Unreal... perfect double play ball by Pompey. Need Thompson or Ramsey to step up big time here.

Pompey ... has had a bad day at the plate. Good in the field, but bad at the plate.

Reactions: CatMan2004
I don't think so. The rule is that you have to stay 3 years, but if you are 21 then you can also declare and if I am not mistaken, Mach will be 21 before the draft. So, he is technically eligible.

Makes sense. I thought it was 3 years removed from hs regardless of age....thanks.

You are hoping to make a run in the tournament, so you start the freshman hoping the bats come alive against another freshman. Then you can save some pitching. But when they don't, you've got to do all you can to hang on and win this first game.

Yeah
You are hoping to make a run in the tournament, so you start the freshman hoping the bats come alive against another freshman. Then you can save some pitching. But when they don't, you've got to do all you can to hang on and win this first game.
because for a morale stand point you need this one

Heartbreaking loss for the Cats. Played a gutsy game. Hjelle was great today.

We just left too many runners on base today.

Now we wait ... our tournament fate is now out of our hands.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT